Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 06:15 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by Aries Maniac
Changed the pipes, air cleaner, grips, mirrors, derby cover, horn cover and have inch risers on it
Bike looks bad @ss…love the Big Radius pipes. I want them for my 2023 but VH now puts cats in them. So, not sure what I am going to do with pipes yet. I hate the look of 2 into 1 and want something that gets rid of the dreaded cats. I am planning on a real tuner and cams as a minimum but may go 131 Stage IV.

Old 02-08-2024, 04:49 PM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I used to remove reflectors off of my motorcycles. But then I talked to a car guy with a very special car that was black in color with black wheels. One night, in a restaurant parking lot, an older driver with impaired night vision backed his car right into the side of the car guy's mostly black car, doing serious damage. That severely reduced the value of the car guy's beloved car. Motorcycles are a LOT harder to see than cars, apaprently even in broad daylight. So, I stopped removing the reflectors.

Jim G
This is what I did on my 15 BO in regards to replacing the front reflectors.

Old 02-09-2024, 06:08 AM
Aries Maniac
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
Bike looks bad @ss…love the Big Radius pipes. I want them for my 2023 but VH now puts cats in them. So, not sure what I am going to do with pipes yet. I hate the look of 2 into 1 and want something that gets rid of the dreaded cats. I am planning on a real tuner and cams as a minimum but may go 131 Stage IV.
Thank you that sucks didn't know that right now it's in storage but when I get it back out it'll have a tuner on it I tried getting a fp4 unfortunately the place that installed it and got it for me didn't realize that it wasn't compatible with my bike good luck with your build maybe try cobra pipes not sure if they do that as well

Last edited by Aries Maniac; 02-09-2024 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:28 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by Aries Maniac
Thank you that sucks didn't know that right now it's in storage but when I get it back out it'll have a tuner on it I tried getting a fp4 unfortunately the place that installed it and got it for me didn't realize that it wasn't compatible with my bike good luck with your build maybe try cobra pipes not sure if they do that as well
thanks…will check them out

Old 02-09-2024, 09:17 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 400 Likes on 263 Posts

I notice that Harley, in its maintenance supplies web listings, shows leather preservative but not vinyl preservative. Is the seat on the 2023 Breakout vinyl or is it leather??

Jim G

Old 02-12-2024, 11:29 AM
Hdbreakout84
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much of a difference did the Handlebar riser make as far as the pull back and comfortable ride go? Sweet bike btw...

Old 02-12-2024, 11:43 AM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Tank lift, and rear shocks put in. Rides a little stiffer but I think it came out well. Also used those Dennis Kirk offset risers.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kidmandudebro:
Henboykin (04-29-2024), stratplexi (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 12:44 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hdbreakout84
How much of a difference did the Handlebar riser make as far as the pull back and comfortable ride go? Sweet bike btw...
The specs availabel for the 2023 Breakout in multiple reviews say that the difference from old to new is about 0.75". i THINK they mean 0.75" more rearward. BUT, the bar is also HIGHER (amount not tstated and I have no way to compare to the older Breakout. I feel the difference is pretty notable, and evidently most road test reviewers felt the same .

Jim G

Old 02-12-2024, 12:56 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I notice that Harley, in its maintenance supplies web listings, shows leather preservative but not vinyl preservative. Is the seat on the 2023 Breakout vinyl or is it leather??

Jim G
I'm guessing but if they're leather, its probably Chinese leather, made from the hide of a vinyl panda.

The following users liked this post:
Kidmandudebro (02-15-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 01:11 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HKMark23
I'm guessing but if they're leather, its probably Chinese leather, made from the hide of a vinyl panda.
It IS very hard to know. So many reviewers refer to the "leather" seats, but I wonder if that is just some of the touring models, or maybe the CVO models, or only some of the seats available in the accessories catalog. I think I might take a look at the underside of the seat and see if I can tell for sure by looking at the stapled edges of the seat material.

Jim G

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread