Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 01:37 PM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

The last time I checked their website they make a 5 gal tank for 2014-2017 Breakouts.

Old 11-24-2023, 08:11 PM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings All

Just doing some upgrades on my 2014 CVO Breakout & need to move the wheel back a little more

The current belt is 132 Tooth & have spoken to the dealership & they tell me the 2013 & 2014 belt is the same HD40059-09A

Does anybody have a part number for a 133 tooth belt

Also has anybody taken any measurements how far it will move the wheel back with one or two extra teeth

I have the 30 Tooth Tri Glide pulley on the front & a 70 Tooth on the rear

regards
Rod

Old 11-26-2023, 04:17 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Savage636HD
I wonder if H-D changed the wheels at some point. I have a 2014 and my wheels are different. I know that wheels like the ones you have came on the M8 models starting in 2018
either 2016 or 2017 or both had those wheels stock. Look much nicer than previous iterations.

The following 2 users liked this post by matte:
Kidmandudebro (11-26-2023), Savage636HD (11-26-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 04:09 PM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone know of 1” risers that are offset to move bars forward say 10mm or more?

this way I don’t have to change bars and I might also be able to do a short tank lift to by moving bars forward.

Or is a broom stick drag bars better and or can the stock risers be turned around to move stock forward?

*Not towards me.

Last edited by Kidmandudebro; 11-28-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:54 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,662 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Wouldn't turning a set of offset risers around achieve the affect you're after?

The following 2 users liked this post by foxtrapper:
Kidmandudebro (11-28-2023), vtchopperdude (11-29-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 05:57 PM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Wouldn't turning a set of offset risers around achieve the affect you're after?
yes I’m just making sure this is (A) possible and (B) can I do it to the stock mounts that are on the bike now? But I wouldn’t mind rising them a couple inches too.

Old 11-29-2023, 01:40 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Glad to see this thread resurfacing and getting some action! I have always been a Breakout fan ever since the 2013 CVO was released. This model just looks all business with its pro-street personality. I finally added one to the stable about 3 weeks ago. I ended up going with a new 2023 in black. So far, I have only changed the stock license plate to vertical, removed the fork reflectors and a few other factory stickers. I have ordered smoked lenses for the front turns and a Harley swingarm bag. Here is a shot of one all stock. I will add some more to this thread as I make changes.

I want to lower the rear about an inch. What are my options for lowering with the mono shock? I have lowered several Twin Cam softails and have used lowering bolts and also swapped out the shocks. On my 2006 Deluxe I installed a Shotgun air ride system. Anyway, not really wanting to spend that kind of coin on lowering this one right now as I have too many other priorities…exhaust, Power Vision tuner, cams, etc. Thanks in advance…

Last edited by stratplexi; 11-29-2023 at 01:46 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by stratplexi:
Road_King_Rider (11-29-2023), Savage636HD (11-29-2023), vtchopperdude (11-29-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 04:21 PM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate
Default End of year BO Blues! And Handlebar Suggestions?

Went out for a quick ride today it’s been mid 40’s here today in southern Connecticut. I wanted to top off my fuel, you never know when it’ll be snowing and then it’s truly over that’s my motto for storing long term.

I plan on riding my BO thru the winter, even if it’s sunny and 25 out. As long as the road is dry. If not I’ll at least start it once a week.

I also put the Danny Gray buttcrack solo on there today yes it’s firmer then stock and that’s to be expected but I like how it’s narrower and I’m sure it will be a little lower once it breaks in , I don’t feel like I’m back an extra 2 inches though but maybe it’s just me. Picture attached.

So after sitting in many traffic lights and feeling how I sit I would maybe look for bars that are slightly higher and straighter any suggestions lmk.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kidmandudebro:
Road_King_Rider (12-01-2023), stratplexi (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 07:06 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Kidmandudebro
I also put the Danny Gray buttcrack solo on there today

So after sitting in many traffic lights and feeling how I sit I would maybe look for bars that are slightly higher and straighter any suggestions lmk.
Great seat!!! Looks great and feels great! The stock seat is horrible, and any other seat gives it that old man feel. Definitely don't want that on a BO. Never understood why people buy a badass bike like a BO and then throw a bunch of excessively old man stuff on it, like a massive Saddlemen seat. Blows my mind every time. Just get a touring RG or SG. Anyways, great seat!

For bars, apes look great on the BO. Apes look great on anything. Make sure to get the shorty straight risers if you go with apes. The pullbacks are uglier than sin. Wish HD would stop putting those silly pullback risers on full size bikes. If you're a short little fella, just get a Sportster. Not sure why they cater to small people on a Softail BO frame.

Here's a pic of my BO. Sold it a while back, but definitely loved it while I had it!

Here's a close up of the shorty straight risers.

Here's a pic of the DG Buttcrack seat. Nice and wide from the top down and follows the contours of the bike's profile. Great seat!

Last edited by vtchopperdude; 11-30-2023 at 07:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kidmandudebro (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 12:47 AM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Great seat!!! Looks great and feels great! The stock seat is horrible, and any other seat gives it that old man feel. Definitely don't want that on a BO. Never understood why people buy a badass bike like a BO and then throw a bunch of excessively old man stuff on it, like a massive Saddlemen seat. Blows my mind every time. Just get a touring RG or SG. Anyways, great seat!

For bars, apes look great on the BO. Apes look great on anything. Make sure to get the shorty straight risers if you go with apes. The pullbacks are uglier than sin. Wish HD would stop putting those silly pullback risers on full size bikes. If you're a short little fella, just get a Sportster. Not sure why they cater to small people on a Softail BO frame.

Here's a pic of my BO. Sold it a while back, but definitely loved it while I had it!

Here's a close up of the shorty straight risers.

Here's a pic of the DG Buttcrack seat. Nice and wide from the top down and follows the contours of the bike's profile. Great seat!

wow that’s a sweet BO and those ape bars
look killer!! It’s something to think about but I’ve been digging the drag bike look of the straighter bar and possibly close to a broomstick bar.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread