Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 08:51 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
Current situation.

Kudos for a great job customizing that '14 BO. I'm a fan of the retro chopper look too and have done similar work on my '14, albeit armed with less in the way of skill . You obviously don't need my help with your project but I did find that a front tank lift lends itself to this particular style. The DK site offers a simple method for checking to see if you like the look. Lose the "bulls *******" tank logo. Just my $0.02.

The following users liked this post:
SXR (01-10-2023)
Old 08-13-2022, 08:46 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
I'm a fan of the chopper look too
Same...so I'm back on a chopper!!

The following 3 users liked this post by vtchopperdude:
HKMark23 (08-13-2022), Kidmandudebro (11-21-2023), LaVRod (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 11:27 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Kudos for a great job customizing that '14 BO. I'm a fan of the retro chopper look too and have done similar work on my '14, albeit armed with less in the way of skill . You obviously don't need my help with your project but I did find that a front tank lift lends itself to this particular style. The DK site offers a simple method for checking to see if you like the look. Lose the "bulls *******" tank logo. Just my $0.02.
i actually like the badges. Make the striping look like a prism effect. I’ve considered a tank lift. But don’t want to deal with the fuel sensor misreading.

Road_King_Rider (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 11:40 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
i actually like the badges. Make the striping look like a prism effect. I’ve considered a tank lift. But don’t want to deal with the fuel sensor misreading.

Yep, the fuel sensor does get thrown off but it does so on the conservative side. My warning light comes on when I still have about 1 gal of fuel left. Frankly, it really doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference in a practical sense. When the light comes on, I refill at the next opportunity, same as always. I just know that I have significantly more leeway when it comes to finding a station. I live and mostly ride in a rural area(s) so pushing it as far as getting the last drop out of the tank is folly in that context. You could be in for a walk or a service call real fast pushing fuel limits in the stix.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:16 AM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been wanting to add a 2nd bike to my garage since 2017 and a chopper style was what I wanted. So in 2017 I picked up a 2009 Rocker C. It was great fun getting around on, but the I couldn't get it to fit me all that well and I think the bike had some issues because it always seemed to run hot. After getting rid of the Rocker after a year, I picked up a 2015 Sportster 72 in 2019 that was red metal flake and wow what a fun bike that was to ride! Had nice zip and was really nimble, especially compared to my 21 RKS! The former owner had really decked out the bike so there wasn't much customization for me to do other than change out the handlebars to taller Z bars. Fast forward a few years and a couple of weeks ago I traded in the Sportster 72 on this 2015 Breakout. Holy moly have I been missing out!! What a real step up from the Sporty! It's even more fun to ride (my RKS is collecting a lot of dust) and the customization possibilities are really endless! I remember liking the Breakout when is was first introduced, but never really saw many riding around so it slipped out of my mind otherwise I would've gotten it instead of the Sporty. Anyway, I really have been enjoying riding it and slowly reading through this long *** thread getting ideas. I have already made a few subtle, but really outstanding changes to the bike. I read early in the thread the post from LA DOG about changes to the front end and rear sprocket. I've added the Ricor Intimidators, EBC HH break pads and Night Dragon tire to front end and what an amazing difference in handling! I stuck with stock springs base on what Brian from Ricor said. I'm next planning on swapping the rear sprocket to a 68t when I change the rear tire to a Night Dragon. I think that will probably be it as far as performance mods because I'm not looking for more speed just a nice handling, riding bike that looks great! Other mods will be personal stylistic changes to suit my taste, like swapping out the exhaust to V&H Big Radius. The exhaust that is currently on the bike came with it and I have no idea what brand they, but the former owner added them to the bike without changing out the air cleaner to a high flow, which I did or adding a fuel management system on the bike, which I did. However because there wasn't enough air getting into the bike and no fuel management to control the mixture once the back pressure was removed by the aftermarket pipe, the pipes became discolored near the rear of them because of it.

The exhaust came with the bike, I have no idea what brand they are.

The following 2 users liked this post by Road_King_Rider:
305 Rider (02-15-2023), Kidmandudebro (11-21-2023)
Old 08-28-2022, 09:50 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Road_King_Rider
The exhaust came with the bike, I have no idea what brand they are.
Need to cut about 7 feet off those pipes

Road_King_Rider (09-24-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 01:44 AM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, the pipes were way too long for my liking, so I found a V&H set that I like a whole lot better!

V&H Hi-Output 2 into 1 exhaust

Old 11-13-2022, 05:40 AM
RadoR6
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi guys. Looking for some swing arm bag for my FXSB Breakout. I'm not sure about some as they look like there is not enough clearance between the rear foot peg and the bag. What could you recommend?
Also looking for some decent roll bag.
​​bag. Some photos of what you've got will help. Thanks in advance

Old 11-13-2022, 05:44 AM
PBates
Novice
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RadoR6
Hi guys. Looking for some swing arm bag for my FXSB Breakout. I'm not sure about some as they look like there is not enough clearance between the rear foot peg and the bag. What could you recommend?
Also looking for some decent roll bag.
​​bag. Some photos of what you've got will help. Thanks in advance

Here's mine,

Kidmandudebro (11-21-2023)
Old 11-13-2022, 07:49 AM
RadoR6
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PBates

Here's mine,
Who makes it/where you've got it from?
White paint (together with satin grey) looks great on Breakout.

Last edited by RadoR6; 11-13-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread