Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 07:47 AM
dieselbeef
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

well said sir..i can appreciate every bit of that and its exactly how id like my bike to run also...i also believe torque is mor eimp on these big pistons rather than the hp..cant swing em..and they breathe like shiz....like how you explained it too..fine job sire...id like to see the specs on yer build..ill likely only do cams but i have the kit to change the gearing to a compensator eliminator with 30t...thats gonna be a game changer as well...

ive got 103..so that peticular cam wont work...but i def be looking that same direction

Last edited by dieselbeef; 08-20-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:13 AM
KStewart
Intermediate
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselbeef
well said sir..i can appreciate every bit of that and its exactly how id like my bike to run also...i also believe torque is mor eimp on these big pistons rather than the hp..cant swing em..and they breathe like shiz....like how you explained it too..fine job sire...id like to see the specs on yer build..ill likely only do cams but i have the kit to change the gearing to a compensator eliminator with 30t...thats gonna be a game changer as well...

ive got 103..so that peticular cam wont work...but i def be looking that same direction

Sweet . I’m sick analytical...0 and 1’s and I question everything to find truth not just an outcome but how one gets there . I study the dyno curves of builds compared to butt dyno and the specs of how an under square engine operated vs a overs square . I came from a motocross racing background and I’m a gear head so I have to find a way to be not only fast but effective optimally. I’ll work on getting my dyno up for you to see . My numbers are 126/149 with a bit of a dip after 2500 rpm where I generate 140 ft/tq . The dip is normal on Softails because of our short exhaust systems in comparison to the dressers long exhaust system . The dip is not much but we don’t notice it because the bike is lighter then a bagger as where they may feel it . Once the freight train wall of torque gets her blasting you don’t notice a the small dip and back to business.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:55 AM
dieselbeef
Cruiser

cool..thanks...yers is an m8 tho right? im tc so....but yer motor sounds amazing for sure...torque is def tha path for building tractor motors ...lol

Old 08-20-2021, 12:33 PM
KStewart
Intermediate

cool..thanks...yers is an m8 tho right? im tc so....but yer motor sounds amazing for sure...torque is def tha path for building tractor motors ...lol

Mine is a 2020 M8 Breakout. I have a S&S 128 big bore kit, 64 mm TB, 5.5 injectors, Red Shift 468 torque cam tuned with Direct Link. My tuner says most tuners dont know how to use it and it is more complicated but for the race tuners that do like him they claim its the race turners tuner and because of the throttle body increase it moved my torque curve to the right a little and I didnt loose bottom end which was my worry with the TB. So from 2500-5500 i have a flat curve dipping but holding 130 tq at 5500 before she falls of and that is where my Hp is at its peak taking over. I would like to have the extra hp at top along with the torque so Im thinking in the future a higher lift Red shift 548 torque cam and some A level head work and I am deducing that I will have the same bang from bottom to mid if not slight more but ill have an animal at the top beyond 5500 taking me well to redline. I do not ride much above 5500 because to do my damage on the street I do not need to hence why these big lift hp cams are a waist on the street unless your touring and constantly on the freeway and my bike still gets down on the freeway. In 5th or six gear you cruising at 3000 plus so it pulls and passes like a beast still.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:38 PM
dieselbeef
Cruiser

sweet......cams will be some time down the road after the comp elim and some more messing with power vis at the track...yet to make a pass...gonna do it from here to get a baseline...the the elim..then cams....wont do much more than that

but i am looking for a set of rear axle covers that fit....

https://www.shoputahharley.com/produ...cover-42069-08

Old 08-20-2021, 12:41 PM
KStewart
Intermediate

sweet......cams will be some time down the road after the comp elim and some more messing with power vis at the track...yet to make a pass...gonna do it from here to get a baseline...the the elim..then cams....wont do much more than that

I couldn’t agree with you more . It’s about what you want. Not what others want . I love the TC breakout . My buddy has one with a 120R motor in it with a D&D 2:1 . Now I love the sound of D&D on a Twinkie but not on the M8. And part of me still likes the twin cam breakout look over the M8.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:22 PM
dieselbeef
Cruiser

as well..i like the bassani..loud when reaming it but not too bad otherwise...im for sure a fan of the pre 18 bikes..the tank and the engine just look better i think....

Old 08-20-2021, 01:32 PM
KStewart
Intermediate

as well..i like the bassani..loud when reaming it but not too bad otherwise...im for sure a fan of the pre 18 bikes..the tank and the engine just look better i think....

I couldn’t agree more. It’s funny you say that because I’m gonna have to sell out sooner or later on 2:1 to get the full squeeze out of the juice and Bassani is what I’m looking at . The road rage 3

Old 08-29-2021, 07:35 AM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Those won't fit an M8 softail

Old 08-30-2021, 02:23 PM
dieselbeef
Cruiser

i have a 17....i would be happy with just the nut covers....havent found any that fit..tried 2 diff ones and niether fit into the slot with the nut..so i figured a cover wold be better..............help m find one that fits...ugh

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread