Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 09:16 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RadoR6
Thanks for advice. Read the whole thread and front suspension upgrade is on the list, will be done this spring. Regarding this upgrade, is it necessary to use those single rate springs with intimidators or would it be enough to use just good progressive springs. I use to have BMW GS800, the front end was a complete CRAP, felt like on a rollercoaster, just replacing the springs and oil made a huge difference.

The thread written by LA Dog was moved to the 2018+ Softail Models room
I don't know. I didn't try it with a set of progressive springs.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:46 AM
showin4fun
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by CAL91068
For sure man, I got it off eBay , didn’t want to spend a ton cause I wasn’t sure I was gonna leave it on. Took a chance and Found it with good quality and already painted, came with bracket and all for $34 free shipping. Bolted right on no issues with paint chips or anything and it’s been about a year

. On eBay type in “Harley breakout vivid black chin spoiler”
Thanks, appreciate that information! Found it on eBay, currently $25.65 with free shipping. I ordered one because I couldn't even paint it for that price. Like you say, if it does not work out I am not out a lot of money. If it looks as good on mine as it does yours I will be very happy.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:56 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

It looks cool but it blocks the cooling to the voltageregulator so that would not be cooled

Old 02-12-2020, 09:58 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

This is the one I have, it leave the cooling at it was, I agree the one you have looks better imo

Old 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM
CAL91068
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spoiler

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
This is the one I have, it leave the cooling at it was, I agree the one you have looks better imo

knock on wood no issues with that yet but do still like the look of yours as well, I went with this one to follow the wheel line as it extends out a bit and like I said already painted, good quality and really cheap.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:37 PM
CoolHandKook
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I run these and they are visible

3 in 1 , Kellermann Atto

I just purchased those lights for my 2020 street bob. Amber in the front. and Red (3 wire "RB" model) in the back. I hope I got the right ones for the back. Anyway how difficult was the installation? Do you have any advice or things I should get that will help with the installation?

thanks!

Steve

Old 02-14-2020, 05:26 PM
CAL91068
6th Gear
Default Atto lights!

Originally Posted by CoolHandKook
I just purchased those lights for my 2020 street bob. Amber in the front. and Red (3 wire "RB" model) in the back. I hope I got the right ones for the back. Anyway how difficult was the installation? Do you have any advice or things I should get that will help with the installation?

thanks!

Steve
about the easiest install for wiring I have ever had! In fact mounting was the hardest part. I actually drilled holes on my fender and plugged the stock mounts with chrome plate on the strut. I had to then run the wire under the fender up through the battery box. I will take pics and send. Trust me man you made the right choice! They are much brighter than big ugly stock and I love that they clean up the bike! I get more compliments on them than anything else! Here is my latest after powder on wheels and everything back together.i just took pics. I have gorilla tape over the inside fender now to check for rubbing with new tire. On the wiring did you by the wiring harness? I did and it was plug and play to existing bike female ends?

Last edited by CAL91068; 02-14-2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Adding content
Old 02-14-2020, 05:33 PM
CoolHandKook
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

about the easiest install for wiring I have ever had! In fact mounting was the hardest part. I actually drilled holes on my fender and plugged the stock mounts with chrome plate on the strut. I had to then run the wire under the fender up through the battery box. I will take pics and send. Trust me man you made the right choice! They are much brighter than big ugly stock and I love that they clean up the bike! I get more compliments on them than anything else! Here is my latest after powder on wheels and everything back together.i just took pics. I have gorilla tape over the inside fender now to check for rubbing with new tire. On the wiring did you by the wiring harness? I did and it was plug and play to existing bike female ends?

thanks man! I'm super excited. and just to re-confirm: I did order the right ones for the rear.? ("RB" red, red 3 wire) not the red, amber 4 wire model. And I didn't know their was a harness available. Have a link to that particular part?

Last edited by CoolHandKook; 02-14-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:37 PM
CAL91068
6th Gear
Default Atto wiring harness

Originally Posted by CoolHandKook
thanks man! I'm super excited. and just to re-confirm: I did order the right ones for the rear.? ("RB" red, red 3 wire) not the red, amber 4 wire model. And I didn't know their was a harness available. Have a link to that particular part?
I don’t have the front but on back yes mine is 3 wire, I will see if I can find my part number or link man, send pics would love to see your ride!

Old 02-14-2020, 05:58 PM
CAL91068
6th Gear
Default Atto wiring harness

I don’t have the front but on back yes mine is 3 wire, I will see if I can find my part number or link man, send pics would love to see your ride!
hey man I called Jp cycles and the don’t have anymore. It’s a straight forward harness that the wires plug into and adapts to stock female. Doesn’t have to be theirs, it’s more important to map to the bike. Harley dealer may have it. If I didn’t have it I would have spliced into stock connections

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread