Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 07:32 AM
cruisn
Tourer
Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Ride down the shoulder...or split lanes

Do you have a stock tune in your bike? If so, get a tuner that'll let you richen the mixture a little and turn off the EITMS.
I'm about to order a PV-2. I didn't realize it came with the ability of turning off the EITMS.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:01 AM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

You can turn the EITMS off without the need for a tuner.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...he-dealer.html

Last edited by K9F; 07-04-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:59 AM
cruisn
Tourer

I looked it up in the owners manual for my bike and this is what I found:

Engine Idle Temperature Management System
For those riders who frequently find themselves in riding conditions where the vehicle is subjected to prolonged idle conditions or traffic congestion, an optional dealer enabled engine calibration is available. This calibration offers limited rear cylinder cooling with the vehicle stopped while the engine is left at idle. This option is available for original equipment engine calibrations only. Motorcycles are delivered from the factory with the engine idle temperature management disabled. Engine idle temperature management can be enabled and disabled by your dealer.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:37 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Ride down the shoulder...or split lanes.
Get it!!!

Old 07-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Vinman411
Tourer

Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisn
I looked it up in the owners manual for my bike and this is what I found:

Engine Idle Temperature Management System
For those riders who frequently find themselves in riding conditions where the vehicle is subjected to prolonged idle conditions or traffic congestion, an optional dealer enabled engine calibration is available. This calibration offers limited rear cylinder cooling with the vehicle stopped while the engine is left at idle. This option is available for original equipment engine calibrations only. Motorcycles are delivered from the factory with the engine idle temperature management disabled. Engine idle temperature management can be enabled and disabled by your dealer.
Mine came brand new enabled, sounds horrible, but serves its purpose

Old 07-08-2019, 10:23 AM
cruisn
Tourer

Just went to my indy to discuss tire prices. He informed me the Metzeler ME880 is officially discontinued.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Rhubbard
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a fuel leak coming from under the console of my non-CVO 2014 breakout. I had this problem before back when the bike was new deal replaced the gasket under the console. I am wondering if anybody else has had this problem as it’s come back again. Also on a sidenote I would love to replace this altogether has anybody seen Any quality aftermarket parts to replace this I’ve been looking with no luck for a while.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:52 PM
BreakoutMike78
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 2019 Breakout 114, I saw someone mention replacing the tires immediately due to them being junk. What tires and sizes does everyone recommend? I own a heavy haul semi and I’m leaving for 6 weeks tomorrow moving heavy equipment from MT into Canada and when I get back I plan on doing a stage 4 kit as well as hangers and the controls extension. Thanks for any input.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BreakoutMike78
....as well as hangers.
In my extremely humble opinion, the Breakout looks weak without apes. The drag bars just don't do it justice.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BreakoutMike78
I just bought a 2019 Breakout 114, I saw someone mention replacing the tires immediately due to them being junk. What tires and sizes does everyone recommend? I own a heavy haul semi and I’m leaving for 6 weeks tomorrow moving heavy equipment from MT into Canada and when I get back I plan on doing a stage 4 kit as well as hangers and the controls extension. Thanks for any input.
I actually really like the stock Scorchers, I'm just about to replace the rear at 15,000 kms, lasted longer than I had expected. I've run Avon Cobra's, Michellin Commanders, Pirelli's and in my opinion the stock tires handle and stick just as well...(and lasted way longer than the Avon and Pirelli's did) 114 with a cam and I beat the bike pretty hard, tires never let me down. Like the stock tire so much I'm putting the same tire back on...I would give it a try before you switch it out.

The following users liked this post:
Richvw (07-15-2019)

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread