Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

how ya like that license re-lo? Nice quality, aren't they? Yurz lighted?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:52 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
how ya like that license re-lo? Nice quality, aren't they? Yurz lighted?
So far liking it a lot!! Super clean, low, no exposed hardware, no exposed wiring, and it's got hidden LEDs around the perimeter of the license plate. Pretty nice quality from what I can tell. A bit pricey, but definitely worth the clean and tidy look. I had no issues with the stock mount, I just like the low, clean look of a license plate tucked up close to the frame. It definitely cleans up the rear end, and with the shorty turn signal stems now on both sides, the backend is super tidy now. It's a Kuryakyn Nova vertical mount with the Softail frame mount. Total came to around $160 I think.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:35 AM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
So far liking it a lot!! Super clean, low, no exposed hardware, no exposed wiring, and it's got hidden LEDs around the perimeter of the license plate. Pretty nice quality from what I can tell. A bit pricey, but definitely worth the clean and tidy look. I had no issues with the stock mount, I just like the low, clean look of a license plate tucked up close to the frame. It definitely cleans up the rear end, and with the shorty turn signal stems now on both sides, the backend is super tidy now. It's a Kuryakyn Nova vertical mount with the Softail frame mount. Total came to around $160 I think.
I got exact same one. Love it. Only bad thing is no swingarm bag now. Boo.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:11 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
I got exact same one. Love it. Only bad thing is no swingarm bag now. Boo.
If it don't fit in your pockets, ya don't need it!!!

Old 06-18-2019, 10:07 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisn
My buddy who is a former H-D tech advised me again the 880s. Said the middle will wear out quick on the Breakout. Recommended the 888s.,,,
Originally Posted by MoneyFor
A 260 will always wear a bit faster in the middle because the tire is bolder on the oem rim. In the meantime, I have driven this tire aprox 5000 miles and is still in good shape, I am even surprised that it still looks good and shows very little wear.
I run E3's as it seems the Brazilian Metzelers we get in NA carry some problems. To the point though, they (E3's) wear in the middle too but proper tire pressure does improve both tire mileage and riding comfort for me. There is a whole sermon on this elsewhere on the forum but to make the story short, adjust cold starting pressures downward by T&E until you reach the point where the difference between cold and hot tire pressure is about 10 %. This for me and "others" it seems occurs with cold tire pressures "for the rear" of about 36 - 37 psi, not the "fully loaded" recommendation of 42. Since BO's would seldom carry anywhere near a tire's maximum rated load, the common practice of inflating them to that standard does seem a little weird. Anyhow, I've been inflating both F and R tires to 36 psi for several years spanning as many sets of tires and never had a problem. None reported by others I'm aware of either. Try it, don't try it, just a suggestion.

The following users liked this post:
cruisn (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:15 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

If it don't fit in your pockets, ya don't need it!!!

On an ape equipped BO, tall sissy bars don't offend the style IMHO and these are real handy for occasionally carrying loads big or small. For that matter you can install sissy's on a QD mount too. I did but never take em off .I like the look of a swing arm bag too but the saddle bags they make for this model makes em look like a hippo with the piles,,,ugh !

Last edited by HKMark23; 06-18-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:28 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by HKMark23
On an ape equipped BO, tall sissy bars don't offend the style IMHO
Totally agree; haven't really explored that yet for my bike, but wouldn't be opposed.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Totally agree; haven't really explored that yet for my bike, but wouldn't be opposed.

Though I'm a student of poor workmanship and worse photography, I offer this to give an idea of how the combination looks :

I've done a 3" tank lift and slugged the forks by 2" to bring the front up a tad. A 30" sissy 11" wide can be installed directly onto a 13" wide BO mount but build a spreader out of 2x4 or be very careful during installation as the 2 additional inches you must spread em to get them on make for springiness you don't want to lose control of. You could scratch a fender if you do.

Happy modding.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:18 PM
cruisn
Tourer
Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm looking into getting my first aftermarket handlebars and have settled on 12 inch apes. After searching I found these but am pretty surprised by the price, What do you guys think?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074VYQLSR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1T7DIMHB0ZNRO&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074VYQLSR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1T7DIMHB0ZNRO&psc=1

Old 06-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Olsss
Intermediate
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is what mine looks like with fixed sissy bar. I love it

. Northface Base Camp bag straps to it beautifully and makes a killer backrest.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread