Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Thanks man! Ya I'm excited for paint to be done. If it's not obvious from my forum name, I like choppers and chopper styling. I wasn't a huge fan of the minimal fender that came stock. It just didn't fit the bike, IMHO. The wrap fender fits the theme much better, IMHO.
Yeppers! Should damn near give the illusion of no fender at all!? Very cool.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:42 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Bet I can guess what's comming next too!

Old 04-03-2019, 07:55 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Bet I can guess what's comming next too!
Well, several things come to mind that I want to do that are in the chopper realm, but I've been searching for weeeeeeks trying to find an open primary that will work. Everything that is 3 inch and up seems to stop at 2006 for whatever reason. There are a few 2 inch belt drives out, but if you're gonna go open primary, gotta do the 3" otherwise it's just not worth it, IMHO. I know alot of people aren't fans of open primarys and are scared of them or whatever, but I didn't buy my Breakout to carve corners or for it's handling characteristics...that's what a crotch rocket is for, IMHO.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually, I was thinking BLACK TRIPLE TREE and whatever to black all that aluminum out. Powdercoat? Idk, you get the picture.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:44 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Actually, I was thinking BLACK TRIPLE TREE and whatever to black all that aluminum out. Powdercoat? Idk, you get the picture.
Ya that's on the list too...

Old 04-04-2019, 08:28 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by FurryOne
Well, I've been up and running now for a week+ on a belt drive primary. I ended up going with a Rivera Primo 4 Extreme. I'd originally chose a BDL EVO-8SR-2 unit, but after over a month of waiting for status from BDL and no return calls or emails on a $1900 unit I pulled the plug and wrote them off. R-P not only answered my calls, they returned them! Wow what a concept! Two small problems with the install... I didn't reverse the Stator seal and it leaked. And when I went to pull the back panel there was no good way to get leverage because the panel's tranny shaft race held it on. I got the back panel off by tapping holes (3/8") on either side of the shaft and using a gear puller. What I found when I removed the rotor to reverse the seal was a piece of the seal riding against the spacer -nice assembly job HD! One thing to remember- the spacer in back of the rotor slides right out on the crankshaft, allowing you to get a good sized puller in there to yank out the seal. I didn't know that until after I'd busted a nut pulling the seal out. (Grrrrr). I made my own install tool, put everything back together, and... It still drips oil. Now it's a true Harley! So how does the belt drive feel? Well, I can feel every piston fire. There's no compensator inline now, so nothing to smooth out the engine. It was quite a shock to ride it the first time, but I'm used to it now. Maybe when I get lazy and want a smoother ride again I'll go back the the chain and compensator, but for now I'm staying with the belt. BDL uses a 2" belt, and Primo uses a 3". Also, the primary ratio for the chain is 1.35:1, BDL changes that to 1.32:1, and the Primo unit changes it to 1.55:1. For me, the stock primary left me with too much between gears, and 30mph was a bitch. With the Primo I'm going through the gears faster but spinning higher at speed so I'm not lugging. I think I'm turning about 3k at 70. I have the analog tach/digital speedo, and due to the changes in ratios the ECM is confused what gear I'm in. That should get corrected at the next service by the DT-2.
Furry, do you still have your BO? If so, any regrets with the RP after 5 years of use?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Wally12
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackline Tank Console Added To Breakout

Added the Blackline Tank Console Added To Breakout what a difference looks dope

Big thanks to New Castle Harley-Davidson.
4655 US 422 New Castle PA 16101
724-924-0026

Before

After

Old 04-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Teddy Vedder
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally12
Added the Blackline Tank Console Added To Breakout what a difference looks dope

https://youtu.be/vWTqamr3IyA

Big thanks to New Castle Harley-Davidson.
4655 US 422 New Castle PA 16101
724-924-0026

Before

After
Looks great! Thanks for posting the video. Planning this mod shortly.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:39 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Looks good Wally! Now just pop off those tank emblems, and the tank will be super clean!

Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Breakout73
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Looks good Wally! Now just pop off those tank emblems, and the tank will be super clean!
I'll second vtchopperdude's comment... This winter I went Blackline console and popped emblems off (as well as reflectors)... What a difference!

I also have these for sale if anyone is interested... CVO Touring emblems. Red and gloss black... Message me if you're interested...

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread