Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Lowriderbigboy
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
So I actually emailed them last night (Saturday night) around 10pm. I got a very detailed response back around 2am. Talk about good customer service!!! I described what I wanted and the sales rep said they can do it, but to get back with them on specifics so they can make a cost estimate. But yes, starting at $700....that's a bit steep for a seat (to me). I can get the Danny Gray seat and passenger pillon together for around $450. So, the more searching I did today, it just doesn't seem worth it. I'm sure they make great seats, but I'd rather get the DG seats, and spend the extra $$$ on something else for the bike.

I also looked at the Le Pera Bare Bones seat, and honestly almost pulled the trigger last week. But I just couldn't get away from the fact of buying an aftermarket seat and still seeing the mounting hardware. At least the DG seat does a better job of covering the mounting hardware up. The Bare Bones seat looks cool, and is minimalist, but just don't like the mounting setup.
oh so you don’t have a 2018?? Cuz the lepera doesn’t sell for them yet. I assume that’s how you got a DG as well? What year do you have? At this point I know about every seat out there!

I also want to to cover the seat bolts, that’s my biggest complaint cuz I don’t run the rear pillion.

yea I talked to to bitchin forever and they seem awesome!!! But yea they wanted to buy a mustang seat and then customize it for me? That’s adding $300 to the starting cost! lol

Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowriderbigboy
oh so you don’t have a 2018?
2016 (check out my signature)

Old 03-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Lowriderbigboy
Novice

2016 (check out my signature)
oh ok no wonder, lucky! I should’ve bought a later model they’re the ones that made me want a breakout to begin with. I thought buy new! Get a warranty! I had no idea that NOBODY would make parts for it for 2 f’n years! lol

I assume by the time they make a lot of parts especially seats from all different manufacturers it’ll be time to upgrade!

Old 03-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

oh so you don’t have a 2018?? Cuz the lepera doesn’t sell for them yet. I assume that’s how you got a DG as well? What year do you have? At this point I know about every seat out there!

I also want to to cover the seat bolts, that’s my biggest complaint cuz I don’t run the rear pillion.

yea I talked to to bitchin forever and they seem awesome!!! But yea they wanted to buy a mustang seat and then customize it for me? That’s adding $300 to the starting cost! lol
Dude. Call Rich phillips leather. He is going to be modifying my stock seat and my new brawler. He can do whatever you want, and is a lot cheaper. He can do it with the stock hd solo seat

Last edited by Hdbkstl; 03-10-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:07 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

....Can't wait to wear out the tires and upgrade to the 260 that I see everybody running!
Ask anyone that's made the swap ... GET RID of the crappy H-D tires right away! They are absolute garbage. Don't wait for them to wear out. The front tire is the WRONG SIZE for the wheel!! It is NOT possible to exaggerate how much better the bike will handle after getting good tires on the bike.

After you get a good set of tires on the bike do the front suspension fix. The "How To" is stickied at the top of the Softail forum iirc. That mod makes an unbelievable difference in how the bike rides.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Lowriderbigboy
Novice

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
Dude. Call Rich phillips leather. He is going to be modifying my stock seat and my new brawler. He can do whatever you want, and is a lot cheaper. He can do it with the stock hd solo seat
rich Phillips cycles?

Is he doing it for your 2018 breakout?? I ask because I’ve asked many custom seat makers and either they want me to be local, or they won’t mess with 2018’s cuz they don’t have any templates or whatever!?

Old 03-10-2019, 08:19 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

oh ok no wonder, lucky! I should’ve bought a later model they’re the ones that made me want a breakout to begin with. I thought buy new! Get a warranty! I had no idea that NOBODY would make parts for it for 2 f’n years! lol!
Ya, the 2016 was the sweet spot for me. The first year of throttle-by-wire on the Breakout, and the last year of the 10 spoke contrast wheels. Also I wasn't a huge fan of the 18+ headlight, or the way the swingarm mounts to the frame. I do however like that HD finally figured out to black stuff out from the factory. Pros and cons of them all...

Old 03-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Lowriderbigboy
Novice

Ya, the 2016 was the sweet spot for me. The first year of throttle-by-wire on the Breakout, and the last year of the 10 spoke contrast wheels. Also I wasn't a huge fan of the 18+ headlight, or the way the swingarm mounts to the frame. I do however like that HD finally figured out to black stuff out from the factory. Pros and cons of them all...
yea wish I would’ve known!! Thanks for the info bro!

Old 03-10-2019, 08:24 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by NSR
Ask anyone that's made the swap ... GET RID of the crappy H-D tires right away! They are absolute garbage. Don't wait for them to wear out. The front tire is the WRONG SIZE for the wheel!! It is NOT possible to exaggerate how much better the bike will handle after getting good tires on the bike.
That's what I keep hearing. Well, my tires are original and currently have 1300 miles on them. I'll look into swapping tires after I get the seat figured out. Do you have any more upclose shots of your seat. Really diggin it!!! Just emailed Danny Gray about making a lower than normal Buttcrack seat.

Last edited by vtchopperdude; 03-10-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

rich Phillips cycles?

Is he doing it for your 2018 breakout?? I ask because I’ve asked many custom seat makers and either they want me to be local, or they won’t mess with 2018’s cuz they don’t have any templates or whatever!?
Rich phillips leather. Yes he is going to be doing my 2018. He is working off my original stock solo part. He will need the seat of course. I am having more back added into it and some of the foam taken out. There is no lumbar support. And then he is going to recover it. Pm me for his details

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread