Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 05:05 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Has anyone installed the Drag Specialties slimline front turn signal LEDs? They function only as turn signals, and not running lights. I have Custom Dynamics rear LED turn signals. None of the LEDs hyperflash, but the dash lights still flash faster than they should. I've used the Custom Dynamics instructions for syncing the LEDs, which worked for the rear. But, adding the Drag LEDs upfront, my bike keeps throwing a code for the front turn signals low voltage (ie not recognizing them). Is this because they are only functioning as turn signals, and not combined turn signal and running light? I've tried waiting different amounts of time with the hazards on and no success. Is there a trick to fix this? Again, I've tried the prescribed Custom Dynamics syncing instructions and no luck. I can clear the codes with my Fuelpak 3, and then as soon as I hit the hazards, it throws the code again for the front turn signals.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Lowriderbigboy
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Has anyone installed the Drag Specialties slimline front turn signal LEDs? They function only as turn signals, and not running lights. I have Custom Dynamics rear LED turn signals. None of the LEDs hyperflash, but the dash lights still flash faster than they should. I've used the Custom Dynamics instructions for syncing the LEDs, which worked for the rear. But, adding the Drag LEDs upfront, my bike keeps throwing a code for the front turn signals low voltage (ie not recognizing them). Is this because they are only functioning as turn signals, and not combined turn signal and running light? I've tried waiting different amounts of time with the hazards on and no success. Is there a trick to fix this? Again, I've tried the prescribed Custom Dynamics syncing instructions and no luck. I can clear the codes with my Fuelpak 3, and then as soon as I hit the hazards, it throws the code again for the front turn signals.

Message custom dynamics on FB. I did that with a similar issue. The owner had the head of development call me at 5Am on a Saturday! He spent 2.5 hours walking me through every possible scenario or could be wire by wire!
They are the best about helping people!They even sent me a new set of pro beams for free which i didn’t need just as a back up!!!

Old 03-04-2019, 07:13 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lowriderbigboy
Message custom dynamics on FB. I did that with a similar issue.
I called their support line, and the rep was very willing to help. Her first suggestion was to clear the codes, so I did that this evening, but the issue still persists. I guess I'll call back tomorrow. I've also messaged them on the forum, and they get back with me very quickly. Great customer service!!!

Old 03-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Lowriderbigboy
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
I called their support line, and the rep was very willing to help. Her first suggestion was to clear the codes, so I did that this evening, but the issue still persists. I guess I'll call back tomorrow. I've also messaged them on the forum, and they get back with me very quickly. Great customer service!!!
They really are. Send them a FB message they responded to me all hours. Tell em in the message the issues your having and make it urgent. I told them I was going on a group ride the next morning as I said earlier they did all that for me just so I could ride.

The head of development went througha Tom of programming with me.

Jusy saying. I’m sure they’ll hook you up!

The following users liked this post:
vtchopperdude (03-04-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 06:42 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Alright fellas, since I'm new to the Breakout thread, I figured I'd let yal know what I've done so far. I bought my '16 Breakout about a month ago with only 1147 miles and basically stock. What I've done so far...

Vance & Hines Big Radius 2-2 exhaust
Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Air Cleaner
Kuryakyn Throttle Servo cover
Legend Air Ride
FMB Choppers 16” handlebars
Avon Excalibur Edge Cut air grips
Thunderbike 62mm straight risers
Drag Specialties LED slimline front turn signals
Custom Dynamics LED rear turn signals w/smoked lenses
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut rider/passenger pegs
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut rear brake lever
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut rear brake pad
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut shifter lever
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut shifter peg
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut shifter linkage
Harley-Davidson Edge Cut front brake reservoir cap
Arlen Ness Deep Cut horn
LA Choppers license plate spike bolts
Powdercoated upper riser clamp, rear fender struts, rear turn signals, inner shifter linkage, brake/clutch levers and switch housings

Possible future mods include Heartland front fender, Headwinds headlight, Hogworkz LED headlight, and a lower profile seat.

Last edited by vtchopperdude; 03-05-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:45 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Old 03-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Breakout73
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a sick '16... Love what you've done to it. Possibilities are endless. Best of luck. Keep it sunny side up.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:56 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

vtchopperdude:

I'm a big fan of the look you're going for,, "great job" !!

FYI, things that will also work if you're so inclined:

1) a 3" tank lift

2) 2" fork extensions,, maybe more. (you'll need to put a shoe on your kickstand).

3) a Blackline dash

4) leave it like it is,, it looks just great !

Old 03-06-2019, 02:54 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Who makes a 3” tank lift?

Old 03-06-2019, 08:08 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Originally Posted by HKMark23
I'm a big fan of the look you're going for,, "great job" !!
Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with where it's at just after a month of ownership.

Originally Posted by HKMark23
FYI, things that will also work if you're so inclined:
1) a 3" tank lift
2) 2" fork extensions,, maybe more. (you'll need to put a shoe on your kickstand).
3) a Blackline dash
4) leave it like it is,, it looks just great !.
I've actually been looking into the blackline dash for the last few days. I'm trying to be careful of going down the "murdered out" road because blacking EVERYTHING out will get expensive quick. I'm trying to tastefully take some of the obnoxious chrome off, but leave some that is tastefully placed. I can't decide if the stock dash is too obnoxious yet, haha...

Last edited by vtchopperdude; 03-06-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread