Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:44 PM
scotteads
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another shot

Old 02-18-2019, 04:51 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Yes, I had mine powder coated, no issues 4+ years.
thanks bill, that's the kind of feedback I need!! I currently have the fenders struts, turn signals, turn signal mounts, license plate bracket, top riser clamp, switch housings, and brake/clutch levers at the powdercoater. Hopefully they turn out well, and if so, then I guess I'll tear down the front end and do the trees. My only concern is tolerances...so we'll see how he does on the parts I've already dropped off. They are a reputable company so hopefully those parts come back nicely done and no threaded holes full of powdercoat...!!! Also, I received the Thunderbike 62mm risers last week, in gloss black, so we'll see how everything mounts up this week. Then off to the shop to install the 16 inch FMB Choppers ape hangers, and the Legend Air Ride!!!

I have a bunch of the black HD Edge Cut series accessories coming too. Pegs (rider/pas), brake pedal, pedal pad, shift lever, toe peg, shifter linkage, and horn. Not sure which direction I want to go with the air cleaner yet though. May have to invest in the VH FP3...

Old 02-18-2019, 04:52 PM
scotteads
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

needed the windshield for my long rides and interstate to work. Needed the sissy bar for the same reason. To carry luggage and laptop backpack for work.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:33 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
thanks bill, that's the kind of feedback I need!! I currently have the fenders struts, turn signals, turn signal mounts, license plate bracket, top riser clamp, switch housings, and brake/clutch levers at the powdercoater. Hopefully they turn out well, and if so, then I guess I'll tear down the front end and do the trees. My only concern is tolerances...so we'll see how he does on the parts I've already dropped off. They are a reputable company so hopefully those parts come back nicely done and no threaded holes full of powdercoat...!!! Also, I received the Thunderbike 62mm risers last week, in gloss black, so we'll see how everything mounts up this week. Then off to the shop to install the 16 inch FMB Choppers ape hangers, and the Legend Air Ride!!!

I have a bunch of the black HD Edge Cut series accessories coming too. Pegs (rider/pas), brake pedal, pedal pad, shift lever, toe peg, shifter linkage, and horn. Not sure which direction I want to go with the air cleaner yet though. May have to invest in the VH FP3...
Any time man, sounds like some nice mods you have in the works!! I also really like the FP3 and have had very good results with them on both my bikes...go for it!!

Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

I see a lot of Breakouts with VH big radius pipes. Just curious if anybody is running them without baffles and how they like them. I currently have the baffles in mine and they sound pretty good, so just curious. And I don't drag race my bike, so the whole "loosing a few HP" issue isn't a factor for me. Unless you are drag racing or taking your Harley to the track, it shouldn't be an issue for anyone I wouldn't think.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:29 AM
Khloesdad
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

That windshield looks really nice. Normally I'm not a windshield guy.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Vinman411
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

I see a lot of Breakouts with VH big radius pipes. Just curious if anybody is running them without baffles and how they like them. I currently have the baffles in mine and they sound pretty good, so just curious. And I don't drag race my bike, so the whole "loosing a few HP" issue isn't a factor for me. Unless you are drag racing or taking your Harley to the track, it shouldn't be an issue for anyone I wouldn't think.
I can’t imagine without baffles, lol, mine sounds great as is, bet they are laf!!

Old 02-21-2019, 12:03 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer

Has anybody had issues with turn signal hyperflash? So I got the Custom Dynamics rear turn signal LED kit, and my turn signals flash at the normal rate, but the turn signal light on the dash flashes fast now. I'm going to be putting the Drag Specialties slim line LEDs up front while changing out the bars. Will I need a load equalizer with having both front and rear LED turn signals?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:08 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Has anybody had issues with turn signal hyperflash? So I got the Custom Dynamics rear turn signal LED kit, and my turn signals flash at the normal rate, but the turn signal light on the dash flashes fast now. I'm going to be putting the Drag Specialties slim line LEDs up front while changing out the bars. Will I need a load equalizer with having both front and rear LED turn signals?
I have this on all my Harley's,

In Europe they have oem led at the rear but on the front they have a normall bulb. I changed the fronts to led ( Thunderbike ) and the dash light flashes like crazy but
that doesn't matter at all. The turn signals flashing at normal speed so no worries.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts

You won't need a load equalizer on a '16. The turn signals just need to be synced with the CANbus system. Try these directions linked below, and if the issue persists, just give us a call at 800-382-1388 and we can get you squared away.
https://www.customdynamics.com/media...US_TS_SYNC.pdf

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388

Last edited by Custom Dynamics; 02-21-2019 at 12:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vtchopperdude (03-04-2019)

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread