Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 12:01 PM
eric cuzzz
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey VT
Bike runs like a power dream machine set it to V&H short radius on my V&H FP3 , really has changed the whole bikes performance and comment to no baffle.... well im on my 4th Harley and have had no motor issues..... if V&H and Screaming eagle etc have promoted such pipes then im sure they should be ok ...

The following users liked this post:
Xaus86 (05-26-2021)
Old 02-15-2019, 12:22 PM
JBreakout
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty-kid
There are a few on the market that fit straight on.
Personally I preferred the one I have fitted, but it did need a slight adaptation but was worth the effort.
I would say find one you like the look of which will not be too difficult to alter and go with that, there are plenty to be had.

I do find it quite remarkable that the paint is coming off of your 2018 already, is it the one with the Milwaukee 8?.
Yes, 2018 M8. I purchased extended warranty, but I am thinking, waste of money. Paint coming off regulator. Digital display misting up after 5 months from new. Told by HD that it was the time of year. If I had seen a label on the bike saying ‘unable to ride all year round’, I would not have purchased the bike. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:05 PM
dusty-kid
Advanced

Originally Posted by JBreakout

Yes, 2018 M8. I purchased extended warranty, but I am thinking, waste of money. Paint coming off regulator. Digital display misting up after 5 months from new. Told by HD that it was the time of year. If I had seen a label on the bike saying ‘unable to ride all year round’, I would not have purchased the bike. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
Sorry to hear that,

Alas I don't believe in warranties, guarantees or any other pre-sale bollocks from bitter personal experience with bikes and boats,

'Not fit for the purpose' is breach of contract, but take it to court and you could end up with no replacement, no repair, your bills and theirs, we don't live in a world you think we live in, a bit heavy but factual.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:26 AM
JBreakout
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you ��

Old 02-16-2019, 03:42 AM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by JBreakout
I hear you ��
Welcome JBreakout also from the UK (South Coast). General consensus appears to be that Harley-Davidson will fall over themselves to help you when buying a bike from them but difficulties can be met with an air of nonchalance when trying to sort out ensuing issues.

I think Harley-Davidson rely too much on mugs like me that buy into the heritage and following and the desire to own what is deemed as an iconic vehicle rather than buying a vehicle with a silky smooth gear change, fully adjustable front and rear suspension all the latest technical innovations and electrical gizmos. I wouldn't be without my Harley but the ownership of a 'warts 'n' all' type vehicle is at times an extremely frustrating experience when comparing it with the aftermarket service offered by some others.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:54 AM
dusty-kid
Advanced

Originally Posted by K9F
Welcome JBreakout also from the UK (South Coast). General consensus appears to be that Harley-Davidson will fall over themselves to help you when buying a bike from them but difficulties can be met with an air of nonchalance when trying to sort out ensuing issues.

I think Harley-Davidson rely too much on mugs like me that buy into the heritage and following and the desire to own what is deemed as an iconic vehicle rather than buying a vehicle with a silky smooth gear change, fully adjustable front and rear suspension all the latest technical innovations and electrical gizmos. I wouldn't be without my Harley but the ownership of a 'warts 'n' all' type vehicle is at times an extremely frustrating experience when comparing it with the aftermarket service offered by some others.
I would agree with this entirely but it is difficult to say without upsetting others.

I found from experience that the best way to buy a bike/vehicle is with a credit card, the credit card company will and have for me, retracted the payment in full until the problems are rectified whilst the bike still belongs to you..

Old 02-18-2019, 01:45 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

For those of you who have black triple trees, did you have them powdercoated, or get ones that came black? Just wondering if I should powdercoat. I have now seen several bikes that have had issues with powdercoat peeling around where the fork caps are.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
For those of you who have black triple trees, did you have them powdercoated, or get ones that came black? Just wondering if I should powdercoat. I have now seen several bikes that have had issues with powdercoat peeling around where the fork caps are.
Yes, I had mine powder coated, no issues 4+ years.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM
scotteads
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After a few updates...

Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM
scotteads
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one more

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread