Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:34 PM
scotteads
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need a mirror recommendation. I cant see **** behind me. I'm considering HD profile, HD willie g, or black tribals. Are the black tribals and the profile mirrors basically the same mirror? HELP...

Old 01-26-2019, 10:06 AM
mrbrian
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the HD Profile on my CVO Prostreet and have had to get them replaced after a year. They loosen up and the wind blows them out of adjustment at speeds over 65 or on quick acceleration. They are nice to see out of for a year. If I have to replace them again, I think I will get the new HD Dominion mirrors because they have lock screws on them instead of relying on friction to hold in place....but they are $220 a set. OUCH!

Last edited by mrbrian; 01-26-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:03 PM
AIR_RAM
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Had the Metzler 280/35 VR18 rear tire installed on my 2018 BO. No modifications needed. It was a bolt in! The only BO's that need modification are the 2017 and older. They require a 3mm spacer.

2018 Breakout with Metzler 280/35 VR18 Rear

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 02-03-2019, 08:49 AM
showin4fun
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
I had my dash covered with leather in an attempt to stay away from the popular blackline dash. If this doesn't flow with the look of the bike i won't have much of a choice.

Anybody have a suggestion of what type of material would be best for covering the dash panels like this? Just wondering if a vinyl,
pleather or actual leather would be best. Would not be able to have anything too thick to screw up getting the trim piece to fit back
in okay. Tried a PM to the original poster but it has been a long time since he has been active in the site. Thanks....

Old 02-03-2019, 10:07 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

That looks special, never saw that before.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Rolling Along
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant to seem to find them., Can you post a link?

Old 02-06-2019, 07:37 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Alright fellas, just picked up a MINT 2016 Breakout with 1094 miles and in like new condition. The only things that have been done are 9 inch mini apes (with chrome switch housings) and V&H big radius pipes, both of which were installed and tuned by the dealer. So, it's basically a blank canvas. A couple things right off the bat for me will be 16 inch 1.5 inch ape hangers and Legend air ride. I am gonna swap out some of the accessories like the foot controls for the edge cut stuff, but other than that, probably not mess with it too much. One thing that I will need to figure out though is the rear struts. I'm a chrome guy, and love how black and chrome go together, but those chrome struts on a black bike just look hideous. HD finally figured this out and the new Breakouts have black struts. Do most people go with powdercoating, or are they just swapping out the fender struts for ones that come black originally? For those that have powdercoated over chrome, any issues with peeling? I'll also do the rear signals with the struts. The other chrome is well placed IMO, but just gotta get those struts figured out. Also, the risers....what's the deal? Can I just not swap out the lower riser portion with straight risers out of the Fat Book. They offer like 27 different kinds of straight risers. When I search the googles, I seem to only come up with the option of CVO risers or some company in Australia who makes Breakout specific risers? For right now, I just reversed the risers because I hate the pull back look. Thoughts?

Old 02-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 190 Likes on 136 Posts

Good deal. Nice bike to start with. I had my signals and struts powder coated. No problem so far. I don't think there are to many risers for Breakouts but I could be wrong. I have the CVO risers (powder coated black) with 16" Carlini Menace apes.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by showin4fun
Anybody have a suggestion of what type of material would be best for covering the dash panels like this? Just wondering if a vinyl,
pleather or actual leather would be best. Would not be able to have anything too thick to screw up getting the trim piece to fit back
in okay. Tried a PM to the original poster but it has been a long time since he has been active in the site. Thanks....
I got a new one, so I don't have a tank panel. Boooo! I have a suggestion? Never done it, but how about a wrap with a flat, textured, black film or whatever they use? That might have the look, and the thickness of the material would be very minimal? Just a thought. Might be vinyl wrap?

Old 02-07-2019, 09:20 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalt10
I don't think there are to many risers for Breakouts but I could be wrong.
Thanks! For the most part just stock now, but don't worry, I'll customize it to my liking! But ya, for the risers... So, unless the bolt pattern is specific to the breakout, then wouldn't any risers work that have the symmetrical bolt pattern? I have seen the symmetrical pattern and the angled pattern, and that's it!! I think I'm gonna try a set of 2 inch straight risers and hopefully that'll work. I just hate those stupid pullback curved risers. Looks so silly IMHO, especially with apes!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread