Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 04:00 PM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

Hi Vince,

A bit of rain would be nice here. Been sweltering in a heatwave for the past 5 weeks. Off on holiday next week to Turkey for two weeks so project is 'on hold' until return when I hopefully collect the finished fender, two piece belt guard and seat. Hope to be back on the road last week in August. Can't stop playing with the Shotgun Shock. It really is a very well engineered piece of equipment and what sold it to me was that the competition only offer a two year warranty whereas Shotgun offer a lifetime one. Not many bikes over here have air ride systems fitted, I think it's because nobody makes a 'home grown' system perhaps? A bit like those of you that have chipped in on the forum they too were also very helpful from afar.
Dependent on how she looks when finished I may get the front fender and belly pan carbon dipped as well? Below is another fender they did. I also lost the OEM side number plate mount as the fender struts are gone so Sunday fitted an axle mounted Cult Werks one.

Last edited by K9F; 07-24-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Vinman411
Tourer

Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Here's a little bling I finally had a chance to put on today in between showers!!

Old 07-25-2018, 04:33 PM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinman411

Here's a little bling I finally had a chance to put on today in between showers!!
Awesome, congrats!

The following users liked this post:
Vinman411 (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Vinman411
Tourer

Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by K9F
Hi Vince,

A bit of rain would be nice here. Been sweltering in a heatwave for the past 5 weeks. Off on holiday next week to Turkey for two weeks so project is 'on hold' until return when I hopefully collect the finished fender, two piece belt guard and seat. Hope to be back on the road last week in August. Can't stop playing with the Shotgun Shock. It really is a very well engineered piece of equipment and what sold it to me was that the competition only offer a two year warranty whereas Shotgun offer a lifetime one. Not many bikes over here have air ride systems fitted, I think it's because nobody makes a 'home grown' system perhaps? A bit like those of you that have chipped in on the forum they too were also very helpful from afar.
Dependent on how she looks when finished I may get the front fender and belly pan carbon dipped as well? Below is another fender they did. I also lost the OEM side number plate mount as the fender struts are gone so Sunday fitted an axle mounted Cult Werks one.

that carbon fiber looks really good!!!

Old 07-28-2018, 09:07 AM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

Thunderbike wanted an eye-watering 700 Euros for the seat depicted below. I bought the fibreglass base and did a 'round robin' trip of 80 miles today to speak to a highly recommended automotive upholsterer with an idea to replicate the depicted seat with a few minor changes. Top quality hide, smooth edging, slightly textured base, red anodised colour cross stitching, gel insert and memory foam. Total cost 2/3 of Thunderbike's cost and exactly how I wanted it. Thanks again to MoneyFor for the detailed close-up pictures of the seat.

The following users liked this post:
aetas_20 (12-31-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 09:58 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by K9F
Thunderbike wanted an eye-watering 700 Euros for the seat depicted below. I bought the fibreglass base and did a 'round robin' trip of 80 miles today to speak to a highly recommended automotive upholsterer with an idea to replicate the depicted seat with a few minor changes. Top quality hide, smooth edging, slightly textured base, red anodised colour cross stitching, gel insert and memory foam. Total cost 2/3 of Thunderbike's cost and exactly how I wanted it. Thanks again to MoneyFor for the detailed close-up pictures of the seat.

You are welcome,

I hope to see the result of your seat soon, I paid 500 € by Thunderbike for the seat complete as pictured.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:44 PM
kaisers81
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome bike K9F
Can’t wait to see the result

i went a cheaper route

The following 2 users liked this post by kaisers81:
K9F (07-29-2018), NSR (09-15-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:06 AM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 153 Likes on 79 Posts

For those of you Breakout owners that like seeing one out in the wild....:-P I owned a first year Breakout for a few years, then went to a Streetglide and also have a Ducati sportbike....our local meet up has pretty much every type of bike show up and this last week we had a 2018 Breakout with bags and a 114 motor. I couldnt help but ride next to him for most of our trip. I let my Breakout go for my wife, but still absolutely LOVE them!! I will absolutely have another at some point... Anyhow, I had my GoPro strapped to my helmet that night and recorded some of the shenanigans and had him on film having no issues whatsoever keeping up with the "quick" group of sportbikes... :-P Thought I would share with my favorite people! Fast forward to the 6:20 mark....

Last edited by RedRider0151; 07-31-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
For those of you Breakout owners that like seeing one out in the wild....:-P I owned a first year Breakout for a few years, then went to a Streetglide and also have a Ducati sportbike....our local meet up has pretty much every type of bike show up and this last week we had a 2018 Breakout with bags and a 114 motor. I couldnt help but ride next to him for most of our trip. I let my Breakout go for my wife, but still absolutely LOVE them!! I will absolutely have another at some point... Anyhow, I had my GoPro strapped to my helmet that night and recorded some of the shenanigans and had him on film having no issues whatsoever keeping up with the "quick" group of sportbikes... :-P Thought I would share with my favorite people! Fast forward to the 6:20 mark.... https://youtu.be/vZXmTIYGskk?t=6m35s
Love it. Of course, if you went anywhere near a corner you'd smoke the Breakout. It's a fantastic bike, but the new one is still a bit of pig in the twisties, though a huge improvement over previous models. Took me a little while to get used to mine, but it is by far the most fun bike i've owned. As long as i avoid the really tight stuff i make very rapid progress.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:13 PM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 153 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
Love it. Of course, if you went anywhere near a corner you'd smoke the Breakout. It's a fantastic bike, but the new one is still a bit of pig in the twisties, though a huge improvement over previous models. Took me a little while to get used to mine, but it is by far the most fun bike i've owned. As long as i avoid the really tight stuff i make very rapid progress.
yeah...in the twisties it still has a HUGE back tire and next to zero ground clearance....but cruising next to one out on the highway...man it made me miss my old one BAD!!! The new 114 has a TON of punch!!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread