Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Vinman411
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremeHD
I shoulda have never clicked this thread. I already had a faint feeling of "**** breakouts looking kinda awesome" Now im like **** i need one ASAP. Holy **** you guys have beautiful bikes. Love that fat *** rear...
haha, this is the only one my wife and I could agree on!!! Totally badass!

Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 PM
SupremeHD
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinman411

Im already planning in my head how to get a Breakout. Its thru the wife shes about to get her M1 she wanted a sporty but **** that... Breakout coming soon.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:03 PM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinman411

I have the same bike albeit in Scorched Apple/Starfire Black as Vinman and I live 'on the other side of the pond.' I recently went to the Hamburg Harley Festival and travelled just about 1,600 miles to get there and back covering 570 miles in a day on the return journey. I got some great ideas from the festival and came back with quite a 'wish list' to make it even badder looking. A rear 300mm fat wheel conversion was looked at but coming in at over £11k in my money it wasn't viable. After due consideration and the realisation that I could fit a 260mm Metzeler with no bother I pulled the trigger on a few 'must haves' that I don't really need and all arrive in the next week or so.

"Shaving off a mere 40mm from the 300mm tyre has saved me about £7k" is the way I like to look at it.

Thunderbike 260mm fender with integrated stop/tail and indicator lights in the rear edge of the fender coming from Germany Tuesday and Cult Werks side number plate mount from UK A R Harley also arrives next week. I have done a great deal of delving, research and phone calls into various air ride systems including Thunderbike’s own, Arnotts and Shotgun. Whilst the others are more readily available over here and possibly cheaper the Shotgun comes with a lifetime warranty and is designed and made by a guy who has developed this over 30 years in the trade and the product appears top quality, well liked and proven in the Harley fraternity. I wasn't keen on the compressor mounting for the Breakout either with the Arnotts system.

This was going to be a two-fold project, fender first, air ride shock after. The air shock will now be first whilst the fender is away for seat manufacture and paint. If I went ahead and fitted the Thunderbike fender with standard shocks I have to mess about fitting suspension bump stops. This is not what I want to do as it overcomplicates the fitting and eventual goal I wanted to achieve. That said I have been in contact with Shotgun Shocks in the USA today. Great service and very prompt response to queries, ordered one at great expense and it is being shipped to me on Monday and should be with me in 5-7 days. I envisage me beginning to strip down the bike next weekend and 4-6 weeks later to have a completely different looking beast being wheeled out of my garage. Fender will be 'carbon dipped' and I need to get a custom seat made as the OEM seat will not fit with the fender. Have bought the seat base from Thunderbike that does go with the fender. Below is a You Tube clip of a very similar fender and Shotgun setup on a 103. Exciting next few weeks.

Last edited by K9F; 07-06-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:14 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by peterRPR
I test drove the 114 and decided to get me a 2016 CVO saved me 4000 and I love the looks so much more . Agree on the handling , way better on the 2018 but still... With the smaller tank and the 21'' front wheel, the bike doesn't look bad *** anymore , of course you can mod it to a nice looking one, but the cvo already was exactly my thing .
For the record though, 21 inch front wheel is standard. Only the prostreet had the smaller "more aggressive"wheel. A point many of us owners hated about that model.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Took the day off work and headed for the coast. I've only owned it a week and am still running it in, but i absolutely love this bike. Every time i open the throttle it makes me grin.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:32 PM
peterRPR
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica Sinclair
Where could i buy a small fairing like that?
Since that comes with the cvo breakout, I guess you can order it at any HD dealer. (sorry I can't give you more info, as a former Japanese streetbike racer , I am drooling over your Duc)

Old 07-06-2018, 08:07 PM
peterRPR
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Here you go...

and the rest you can see => HERE

Awesome job done on the bike !

The following 2 users liked this post by peterRPR:
K9F (07-07-2018), MoneyFor (07-11-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 02:14 PM
AF Poke
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Breakout

Last edited by AF Poke; 07-07-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Deleted duplicate photo
Old 07-07-2018, 03:15 PM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 148 Posts

Great looking paint job AF Poke, how'd you get that background effect.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:26 AM
AF Poke
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magna

try this....

https://www.powernationtv.com/two-mi...n-fiber-effect

Originally Posted by magna
Great looking paint job AF Poke, how'd you get that background effect.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread