Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:06 AM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Namz or Magnum Shielding will get you whatever you need for a no splice, plug and play setup.on my 17 Breakout, i did not even need the extension for the throttle by wire, there was about 12" of extra wire folded up on the right side of the neck. Just make you're husband do it, we have to be good for something

Old 04-28-2018, 11:23 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 825 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by trainedkilla
I prefer to solder and shrink wrap. Easier to hide and looks more sleek than another set of plugs.
Don't disagree completely. Albeit note the person looking for an "easy to understand" video. I'm not thinking she's soldering anything.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:34 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Almost traded my beloved Breakout in on an '18 Road Glide Special. Bonneville Salt Pearl... If the dealer would have come off the new bike a bit more I would have pulled the trigger.

First world problems suck!

Old 04-30-2018, 06:21 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UHDhog
Almost traded my beloved Breakout in on an '18 Road Glide Special. Bonneville Salt Pearl... If the dealer would have come off the new bike a bit more I would have pulled the trigger.

First world problems suck!
Really? I am surprised you would let it go. I payed off my 17 Breakout in the year and a half I have owned it, I also have approx 15k in engine, suspension, regear and accessories so I will die with this bike. I did however walk into my local dealer and throw a leg over a new Road King, and then I went home with it. I thought about a Road Glide and even rode a few, but I'm not into the fairings and the stereo's. I love the Road King, but I still love the Breakout too. They are two completely different ends of the spectrum.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:12 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 825 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
Really? I am surprised you would let it go. I payed off my 17 Breakout in the year and a half I have owned it, I also have approx 15k in engine, suspension, regear and accessories so I will die with this bike. I did however walk into my local dealer and throw a leg over a new Road King, and then I went home with it. I thought about a Road Glide and even rode a few, but I'm not into the fairings and the stereo's. I love the Road King, but I still love the Breakout too. They are two completely different ends of the spectrum.
I kept the breakout and bought a road glide after my last run across the country on the breakout. 18000 miles in a year and a half and I was ready for the fairing for those miles. Also gave me justification to solo and bob out my breakout as the wife has no reason to ride on it now.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:02 AM
UHDhog
Tourer

Originally Posted by matte

I kept the breakout and bought a road glide after my last run across the country on the breakout. 18000 miles in a year and a half and I was ready for the fairing for those miles. Also gave me justification to solo and bob out my breakout as the wife has no reason to ride on it now.
Pretty sure I'm keeping the Breakout at this point. I'll end up with another bike in the near future. It's gonna be a Road Glide for sure.

The following users liked this post:
02603SEC (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 01:09 AM
02603SEC
Road Captain

Pretty sure I'm keeping the Breakout at this point. I'll end up with another bike in the near future. It's gonna be a Road Glide for sure.
There you go. So does two bikes constitute a collection, or do you need at least three lol.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:19 AM
02603SEC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by matte

I'm happy with my windshield, plus I love the nostalgic chromed out look of the bike. Yes, the sissy bar and rack will be going in the classifieds and it's time for Heartland fenders.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:21 AM
UHDhog
Tourer

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
There you go. So does two bikes constitute a collection, or do you need at least three lol.
Owning 2 will suffice.

Although my brother's '14 CVO Breakout is parked in my garage while he's on deployment. So that would be 3!

I really do love my Breakout. I got to demo ride this RGS for a decent amount of time to really get the feel. Not just around the block and it handles so much better than my bike. I was doing 85 on the highway and didn't realize it. Steering input is much easier and it holds a line really well. Very impressed with that bike. The color is what did me in. Love that pearl on black look. Wife said we'll end up with 2 bikes. A "me" bike and an "us" bike. That RGS is definitely at the top of my list!

Old 05-01-2018, 01:43 AM
02603SEC
Road Captain

Owning 2 will suffice.

Although my brother's '14 CVO Breakout is parked in my garage while he's on deployment. So that would be 3!

I really do love my Breakout. I got to demo ride this RGS for a decent amount of time to really get the feel. Not just around the block and it handles so much better than my bike. I was doing 85 on the highway and didn't realize it. Steering input is much easier and it holds a line really well. Very impressed with that bike. The color is what did me in. Love that pearl on black look. Wife said we'll end up with 2 bikes. A "me" bike and an "us" bike. That RGS is definitely at the top of my list!
A collection it is then. I rode a friends Road Glide for a weekend, then I rode one at the dealer and I loved them, but I'm a bit too old school and the blue and silver Road King sitting over in the corner was calling my name. The Breakout is a compromise in balance and handling, a 35 deg. rake and the primary offset so far to the left side of the bike, but who cares, it's just so badass looking.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread