Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Vince Lopez
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone have or know of a bullet fairing for sale? I think I've made up my mind.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:22 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ClarkHD
I'm looking for a fender bib for a 2018 breakout. Any ideas who has them?
Why don't you get in touch with user Captain Itch. He can easily make one to your individual taste. You can find him also here > http://www.capt-itch.com/

Old 02-07-2018, 01:25 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince Lopez
Does anyone have or know of a bullet fairing for sale? I think I've made up my mind.
Memphis Shades does sell them https://memphisshades.com/collection...-fxsb-breakout

Or check out the classifieds section of the forum...

Old 02-07-2018, 09:23 AM
WhiteBreakout
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, new Harley owner here .. I just bought my Breakout back in December and am in love with it so far. I've been riding for a couple years now, street bikes and cruisers but I've had my heart set on the Breakout since the first time I laid eyes on one and had to pull the trigger on it. I haven't got much pictures of it yet since I picked it up December 21st and we had got hit with a pretty hard snow storm, so she's been tucked away in the garage.
I've read through the majority of this thread and am still continuing too while looking at other ones as well, and I have to say I love what you all have done with your bikes. I love the fact that everyone has that little mod to make the bike "theirs".
I've started to do the same thing on my bike little by little, starting with replacing the turn signals. Which is where my first question comes in.. Have any of you had problems with gaps in between the rear fender and fender struts after removing them and re-installing them on the bike?
I did so to replace the turn signals with bolt style LED ones and noticed a very minor gap between them on both sides, maybe the thickness of a dime and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or if I did something wrong. Maybe the supports that the bolts screw into have to go on in the same order they came off?

Sorry for the long post, just though I'd introduce myself the right way. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:49 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

The gap between the strut and the fender is normal.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:05 AM
klinton994
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Breakout +8” throttle/idle cables

Hope it’s ok to post this here
I have a new set of Barnett throttle and idle cables for a 2015 Breakout. The cables are 8” over stock. The casings are black vinyl and the ninety degree bends are chrome.
$60 includes shipping in the lower 48 states.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Vince Lopez
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Like NSR said the gaps are normal especially if your factory "padding" came off during your install. I've had my rear fender and off 3-4 times now with no issues. You will be fine, good luck!

Old 02-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Put on a Blackline console and black gas cap. Looks way better. Need to get the speedo trim ring, clamp and risers blacked out.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 AM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

That looks so much better than the stock console, I have been thinking about doing it to my bike, but I have the CVO risers and gauge cup on mine now that I put the mini apes on. The gauge cup is pretty close to the stock console and the leading edge of the Blackline console looks like it sits higher off the tank. Is that the case?

Old 02-11-2018, 08:25 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
That looks so much better than the stock console, I have been thinking about doing it to my bike, but I have the CVO risers and gauge cup on mine now that I put the mini apes on. The gauge cup is pretty close to the stock console and the leading edge of the Blackline console looks like it sits higher off the tank. Is that the case?
Yes, but you can increase clearance by installing 10 degree forward angled bushings under your CVO risers. The first pic shows the bushings. The second & third pics shows the clearance they provide before & after a 3" tank lift. The final pic shows my BO with the Blackline dash installed. There are no clearance issues with narrow based apes.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread