Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 04:48 AM
JeepXK
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Bike needs a good cleaning, but this is it...

Nice! First time I've seen that pipe on a breakout

Old 12-13-2017, 05:42 AM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

Has anyone tried fitting the Dragula or Rush Wrath Pipe to their Breakout? I had the Dragula on my ‘13 RK with an S&S 124 and was impressed by how great it sounded (not too loud) and how it performed.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:34 AM
TahoeTom
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2018 windshields

Question to anyone. Does anyone know when Memphis Shades is going to make a bullet fairing for the 2018 Breakout? The current windshields that have will make it look dorky. I have a lot of roads were you need to go 65 to 80mph and while I'm getting use to the wind without a shield, it does annoy you after a bit.

Thanks

Old 12-27-2017, 03:36 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeTom
Question to anyone. Does anyone know when Memphis Shades is going to make a bullet fairing for the 2018 Breakout? The current windshields that have will make it look dorky. I have a lot of roads were you need to go 65 to 80mph and while I'm getting use to the wind without a shield, it does annoy you after a bit.

Thanks
If you don't like the wind in your face, maybe you should get a ......

Tahoe.....

Couldn't resist.
You got a full face helmet? Try that.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Richvw
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oil Bud cooler

Anybody running oil bud cooler on their Breakout?

Old 01-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Poker_face
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member

Well guys and girls, add another new Breakout to the pack. I want to start by thanking all active members in the forum. I have been lurking, reading and researching through a lot of these pages for a whie. All the quality questions, responses and comments helped me to decide on my 2014 Amber Whiskey Breakout. I left behind a pretty stock V-Rod, so this is quite a jump for me.

Being from Ontario, Canada, I imported the bike from Pikeville Kentucky, so I feel I have a pretty good handle on the import process at this point. Still too cold to do much up here and the bike is still in the U Haul trailer I brought it back in, so I looking forward to some good weather and starting some modifications.

Thanks again everyone!

Bob

Old 01-04-2018, 03:10 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Welcome Bro; love the color .

Old 01-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Vinman411
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker_face
Well guys and girls, add another new Breakout to the pack. I want to start by thanking all active members in the forum. I have been lurking, reading and researching through a lot of these pages for a whie. All the quality questions, responses and comments helped me to decide on my 2014 Amber Whiskey Breakout. I left behind a pretty stock V-Rod, so this is quite a jump for me.

Being from Ontario, Canada, I imported the bike from Pikeville Kentucky, so I feel I have a pretty good handle on the import process at this point. Still too cold to do much up here and the bike is still in the U Haul trailer I brought it back in, so I looking forward to some good weather and starting some modifications.

Thanks again everyone!

Bob

Just curious as to why it's quite a jump from a V-Rod? I've never ridden one so I have no idea about them

Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Poker_face
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinman411
Just curious as to why it's quite a jump from a V-Rod? I've never ridden one so I have no idea about them
IMO, the V-Rod is a lot of fun around town and short trips. It only has 5 gears, so while it has lots of torque, 60 mph down the interstate at 4500 rpm gets a little monotonous. The smaller gas tank on my 2005 made for frequent trips to the gas station too.

I lasted 3 years on it, now I need something a little more suited to my trip to Florida this coming July. I thought 6 gears, bigger gas tank and some bags or luggage rack would do the trick and still keep the fun aspect alive.

B.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:22 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker_face
IMO, the V-Rod is a lot of fun around town and short trips. It only has 5 gears, so while it has lots of torque, 60 mph down the interstate at 4500 rpm gets a little monotonous. The smaller gas tank on my 2005 made for frequent trips to the gas station too.

I lasted 3 years on it, now I need something a little more suited to my trip to Florida this coming July. I thought 6 gears, bigger gas tank and some bags or luggage rack would do the trick and still keep the fun aspect alive.

B.
You do plan some mods I see. What are your initial thoughts on these ?

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread