Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 02:24 PM
rquest
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RoK ToniK
Two Brothers Racing, sounds nasty, so much power, simply badass!
Looks sweet Joey, lots of room for leaning into those curves!

Old 10-09-2017, 03:37 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by cdonis
Anyone run a radial up front? Anyone running the Shinko?
I run a E3 120 up front. Its a radial. I've done so much damn work to the front its hard to remember what resulted in what but IIRC, I was looking for some possible "issue" or other owing to the increase in size difference between the front and rear tires, (250 & 120 vs OEM). If there was a difference, good or bad, it was damn small. I've done LA's suspension upgrade, extended the forks by 2" and installed SuperBrace fork braces too. Next to the differences all that made the tires just seemed round and black and filled the fender better.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:58 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

My Indy and most any bike at that shop that carves corners and sees the 1/4 mile runs shinko tires. I don't think they offer a 250 but I think they do have a 240, and the 120 for the front. I need some grip, especially out back.

The following users liked this post:
NSR (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Odinbreakout9
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

My Indy and most any bike at that shop that carves corners and sees the 1/4 mile runs shinko tires. I don't think they offer a 250 but I think they do have a 240, and the 120 for the front. I need some grip, especially out back.
Shinko tires are supposed to be very soft and lack longevity. Depends on what you need. Typically tho... the breakout isn't looking for "canyon carving" tires.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:53 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Odinbreakout9
Shinko tires are supposed to be very soft and lack longevity. Depends on what you need. Typically tho... the breakout isn't looking for "canyon carving" tires.
nope, no canyon carving. I'll trade grip for longevity.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:04 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 265 Posts

nope, no canyon carving. I'll trade grip for longevity.
I too never "canyon carve", but I buy the stickiest rubber I can, because a new tire every 4000 miles is cheap compared to the damage to the bike, and damage to ME, of just ONE minor slideout.

And, the stickiest rubber is usually also the lightest weight rubber, which is what made it feel like the bike lost cement overshoes when it went from the 22 lb Dunlop to the 16 lb Pirelli.

Jim G

Old 10-09-2017, 09:11 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I too never "canyon carve", but I buy the stickiest rubber I can, because a new tire every 4000 miles is cheap compared to the damage to the bike, and damage to ME, of just ONE minor slideout.

And, the stickiest rubber is usually also the lightest weight rubber, which is what made it feel like the bike lost cement overshoes when it went from the 22 lb Dunlop to the 16 lb Pirelli.

Jim G
hello Jim! I agree .

Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 PM
RoK ToniK
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rquest
Looks sweet Joey, lots of room for leaning into those curves!
Thanks bro, I love it! wait until you hear it on Sunday, there was a post on one of the threads asking if anything could make the M 8 sound good, ummm... FCK YES!

Old 10-10-2017, 05:51 AM
txphatboy
Road Warrior
Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Breakout exhaust mount question

Need some help from you Breakout owners. Is the exhaust on a BO the same as other softails, with just more offset or a wider bracket to accommodate the wider swingarm? I have a 2001 Fatboy with a 240 backend and have always had to add crazy amount of spacers between bracket and frame to clear my swingarm. My bike got hit a few weeks ago and I need to replace the exhaust. Wondering if an aftermarket exhaust for the BO would mount up to frame at same point on the Fatboy, and if there are other bends in headers that would cause it not to fit? Any help is appreciated. If not possible, I'll buy a FLST exhaust and add spacers. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:34 PM
RoK ToniK
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Odinbreakout9;1671911 the breakout isn't looking for "canyon carving" tires.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the rider of said Breakout, it is perfectly capable of canyon carving if you so desire.

Originally Posted by txphatboy
Need some help from you Breakout owners. Is the exhaust on a BO the same as other softails, with just more offset or a wider bracket to accommodate the wider swingarm? I have a 2001 Fatboy with a 240 backend and have always had to add crazy amount of spacers between bracket and frame to clear my swingarm. My bike got hit a few weeks ago and I need to replace the exhaust. Wondering if an aftermarket exhaust for the BO would mount up to frame at same point on the Fatboy, and if there are other bends in headers that would cause it not to fit? Any help is appreciated. If not possible, I'll buy a FLST exhaust and add spacers. Thanks.

I think the issue would be if the engine exhaust manifolds are the same as the Breakout's manifolds, if so then anything can be modded, just don't know if the exhaust will line up and fit.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-01-2017 at 12:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RoK ToniK:
02603SEC (10-22-2017), Odinbreakout9 (10-10-2017)

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread