Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Teddy Vedder
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sure People are going to think I'm being an a$$ but here goes. I understand the "to each their own" concept. But I really struggle with why you would buy what is supposed to be a tribute to old school drag racing bikes and put things like apes and lifted tanks on them. If anything, put some drag pipes on it and invest in engine mods to make it faster and more like a dragster. Otherwise you're trying to make a Breakout something else. So why not buy something else?

The following 3 users liked this post by Teddy Vedder:
02603SEC (09-12-2017), Rakthi (09-14-2017), splattttttt (09-14-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Odinbreakout9
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

The 240mm tire and the fx components like the front end and foot pegs are really the only set aside difference from the breakout in comparison to other softails. These are all expensive parts to change out. Until the 2018 Fatboy there was not a 240mm "cruiser" styled bike. A couple changes and ANY bike becomes ANYTHING you want it to be. Longer forks and apes, and you just turned a drag bike into a quick chopper. Others have bags and a windshield for an fx styled cruiser. I personally really dig the drag style and can't stand apes. BUT, I can appreciate everyone else's idea of the right personal styling for them. Some people are even just happy with stock; and good for them too.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:08 PM
jeremyreed
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wanting to put a black line console on my break out. Does anyone have the part numbers for everything I need? Or does anyone know anyone that has one for sale

Old 09-13-2017, 08:02 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

I've copied and pasted this from an old post so the prices may no longer be in effect:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the parts needed:

The part number is 1311d for the self sealing screws.

Console 71340-11 $150 USD
Trim insert 72775-11 $15 USD
Inst. Moulding 71576-08a (need 2 of these) $5 USD x 2 = $10 USD
Top Plate 60900001 $45 USD

Total = $ 220 USD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-13-2017, 08:15 PM
jeremyreed
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are one of those the metal plate that goes under the console trim

Old 09-13-2017, 09:11 PM
DanBO18
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Teddy Vedder
I'm sure People are going to think I'm being an a$$ but here goes. I understand the "to each their own" concept. But I really struggle with why you would buy what is supposed to be a tribute to old school drag racing bikes and put things like apes and lifted tanks on them. If anything, put some drag pipes on it and invest in engine mods to make it faster and more like a dragster. Otherwise you're trying to make a Breakout something else. So why not buy something else?
I'm tall. While sitting on a Harley I've been asked "Couldn't you get a bigger bike more your size?" My choices are limited to exactly one bike from HD. Every Touring model has footboards, so my legs are like I'm on a scooter. They're out. And of all of the Softail models, only one supports all 3 of the following accessories to accommodate a tall rider: Extended reachforward controls, tallboy seat, and 16" Apes for "riders with longer arms. I've ordered all three along with Stage I & II components. Can hardly wait until I can make this bike custom just for me.

I didn't choose this body, but I like it and I still want to ride a Harley. Why the hell do you care what I spend my time and money on? I guess I agree with your first sentence.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Teddy Vedder
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess that makes sense, Dan. And no worries, I've been called much worse. Enjoy your ride.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:50 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyreed

The top plate : 60900001 that is the one that goes under the console, you do not need that and can fix it wit a small bracket that you made yourself.

Prices for the parts in Belgium are way higeher, for example a top plate costs $187,00

The console = $356,00
The insert = $53,00
The moulding = $36,00

Last edited by MoneyFor; 09-14-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:32 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyreed
Yep, thats the Top Plate. If you get everything on the list, it all goes together quite easily. It did for me at least.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:14 PM
CHHBadkarma
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Teddy Vedder
Well for myself, it was a question of comfort and easing of some pain. My 2014 CVO Breakout had enough go fast goodies when I purchased it, but the stock bars would cause pain in as little as an hour of riding.
This is mainly do to a shoulder injury (enlarged shoulder joint, worn away tissue blah blah on and on).
I have a rather short inseam of 30 inches, but a long torso giving me a height at just over 6 feet, so when seated on the bike, my 16 inch highball bars but my arms and shoulders at a nice relaxed position. The stock bars, likely do to the long torso I mentioned caused me to curl forward and support a my weight on the bars, and stock bars on my CVO aren't even drag bars. Add the shoulder issues and it was not much fun.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread