Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 09:27 AM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 401 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by weezl
where the hell are you from? i feel like you live in van-dal-cou-is-ver...

. . .
Born and raised in Canada, moved to U.S. for decades (mostly MN and TX), returned to Canada recently in retirement, to Vancouver Island,where the scenery, roads, and coastal "Mediterranean" temperature range are spectacular for motorcycling.

Only downsides to Vancouver Island are WET winters and only ONE HD dealership on the whole island, and that is 85 miles from my home. But, that dealership's showroom has a LOT of Breakouts! Apparently, Breakouts must be popular on The Island.

Jim G

Old 08-05-2017, 10:58 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
Born and raised in Canada, moved to U.S. for decades (mostly MN and TX), returned to Canada recently in retirement, to Vancouver Island,where the scenery, roads, and coastal "Mediterranean" temperature range are spectacular for motorcycling.

Only downsides to Vancouver Island are WET winters and only ONE HD dealership on the whole island, and that is 85 miles from my home. But, that dealership's showroom has a LOT of Breakouts! Apparently, Breakouts must be popular on The Island.

Jim G
Obviously they are not that popular as nobody buys them. Or why are they still in the showroom

Old 08-05-2017, 11:03 AM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Obviously they are not that popular as nobody buys them. Or why are they still in the showroom
Dealerships order and stock their showrooms with the bikes that they think will sell! Most of the bikes I saw at Barnes HD were Street or Road Glide models or Softails, and one highly customized FatBoy S that had a Heartland rear kit, low bars, and low seat (for that Breakout look).

Jim G

The following users liked this post:
Jessica Sinclair (08-06-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 11:42 AM
superduke516
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have I done??

I purchased my 2013 Breakout 2 months ago with 3600 miles on the clock, ive done 1200 miles since. Im a bit ashamed to admit Ive never checked the tyre pressure, they always looked ok and made the right sort of noise when i kicked them, the bike always seemed a bit sluggish and slow to respond, its my first softail, but hay ho, its a Harley so just grin and bear it.
Yesterday I tried my new digital tyre pressure guage, after finding the advised psi 42 rear and 36 front, was horrified to discover I had been riding with 21psi rear and 13 front. After inflating to the correct psi and taking it for a test ride, i can now say, what a crackin bike lol! My question is, have i damaged my tyres, should i get new ones?

Old 08-05-2017, 12:04 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by superduke516
I purchased my 2013 Breakout 2 months ago with 3600 miles on the clock, ive done 1200 miles since. Im a bit ashamed to admit Ive never checked the tyre pressure, they always looked ok and made the right sort of noise when i kicked them, the bike always seemed a bit sluggish and slow to respond, its my first softail, but hay ho, its a Harley so just grin and bear it.
Yesterday I tried my new digital tyre pressure guage, after finding the advised psi 42 rear and 36 front, was horrified to discover I had been riding with 21psi rear and 13 front. After inflating to the correct psi and taking it for a test ride, i can now say, what a crackin bike lol! My question is, have i damaged my tyres, should i get new ones?
I can't say if you've damaged the tires or not, but if they are the original "HARLEY DAVIDSON" Dunlops you should DEFINATELY get rid of them ASAP!

The original tires suck.

If you think airing them up correctly made a big difference, you'll be blown away when you put a good set of tires on the bike.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:23 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by superduke516
+1 what NSR said. No matter what you've done to the stock tires. Get yourself some decent tires and they will improve the bike's handling and boost your riding experience.

BTW....the stock tires on a 2013 bike might be slowly getting a bit old.

Last edited by EagleRay; 08-05-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:21 PM
superduke516
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys, i think id made my mind up, but y know when you just need something to show your misses. lol.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Richvw
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Here's my 14 Breakout

my Breakout

Old 08-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Richvw
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

my Breakout finally got it to post

The following users liked this post:
Kidmandudebro (12-01-2023)
Old 08-06-2017, 08:28 AM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Richvw

my Breakout finally got it to post

Be really careful about parking your bike with the kickstand on the "crest of a hill" (caused by the sloping tilt of the street. Look at the car parked down the street to see the slope) like in your photo above. It causes the bike to sit much more upright than normal, and makes it easy for a passing trobulemaker, or simply the wind, to knock it over.

Jim G

The following 3 users liked this post by JimGnitecki:
Jessica Sinclair (08-07-2017), Kidmandudebro (12-04-2023), Richvw (08-06-2017)

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread