Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 10:29 PM
Airassault
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be a dumb question but oh well.

I have a 2015 FXSB and I'm doing a handlebar change. I FINALLY found the bars I want but I'm having trouble with the cables. Every site I visit tells me that these cables won't fit your 2015 harley. I've noticed that the front break cable on my bike does not go all the way down to the caliper but it stops behind the forks at a junction box. ( wish I could post pics) so I'm wondering is there a kit that is sold that will fit the 2015 FXSB EXACTLY. Btw the bars are 17 inches. oh and the bike has abs breaks.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:47 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Airassault
I have a 2015 FXSB and I'm doing a handlebar change. I FINALLY found the bars I want but I'm having trouble with the cables. Every site I visit tells me that these cables won't fit your 2015 harley. I've noticed that the front break cable on my bike does not go all the way down to the caliper but it stops behind the forks at a junction box. ( wish I could post pics) so I'm wondering is there a kit that is sold that will fit the 2015 FXSB EXACTLY. Btw the bars are 17 inches. oh and the bike has abs breaks.
Not sure where you bought your cables through. But the junction you mentioned I believe is the abs module. Wherever you buy your cables, it needs to be for a bike with abs. I always go through magnum shielding for mine. Usually just call them with my specs, they give me a part number, and I order online.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:43 AM
WRMorrison
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Or, if you have a shop nearby that makes hydraulic hoses, they can usually make them up for you far cheaper than ordering them. I had a local shop make mine for ~$25. That included cutting off the fitting at the ABS box and silver-soldering it onto the new cable.

-WRM

Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Or you can do that. I'm just a sucker for black braided cables

Old 05-19-2017, 10:16 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
Or you can do that. I'm just a sucker for black braided cables
Black Lines Matter.

The following users liked this post:
matte (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 PM
RadarRat
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
just waiting on my race tech kit for the front and throwing on my metzlers...cant wait to feel the difference!

So for those debating tires and the benefit of the front end spring and damper upgrade, it's huge. I used to scrape my pegs a ton before, hardly now. My chicken strip shows the difference and I don't even push it that hard either.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Airassault
5th Gear
Default Magnum actually sells a kit.

Originally Posted by matte
Not sure where you bought your cables through. But the junction you mentioned I believe is the abs module. Wherever you buy your cables, it needs to be for a bike with abs. I always go through magnum shielding for mine. Usually just call them with my specs, they give me a part number, and I order online.
Found them on eBay for 364.$ best price I could find. Thanks.

Magnum - 387612 - Sterling Chromite II Handlebar Installation Kit for 15-17in. Ape

Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Airassault
5th Gear
Default Posting pics soon.

Hopefully the forum will allow me to post some pics soon. Bars are in. 17 inch Tod's cycle UN KNARLED though. So I'll have to figure a way to make them solid with no play. Cvo riser from the mini ape kit and magnum cables kit with Polyurethane bushing replacing the rubber stock ones for the triple tree.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:29 PM
WRMorrison
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Airassault
Hopefully the forum will allow me to post some pics soon. Bars are in. 17 inch Tod's cycle UN KNARLED though. So I'll have to figure a way to make them solid with no play. Cvo riser from the mini ape kit and magnum cables kit with Polyurethane bushing replacing the rubber stock ones for the triple tree.
They make hand knurling tools, but I've never used one, so I'm not sure how well they'd work.

-WRM

Old 05-19-2017, 10:43 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Got a Corbin Dual Tour for riding 2-up. While it doesn't go well with the lines of the bike, this seat is sooo much better than the stock seat. The seat is firm but it is curved just right. Wifey got on it tonight and was amazed how much better it is than the Sundowner. The craftsmanship is really nice and I'm glad I went with the white diamond stitching too.

Very pleased with my purchase. I wish there was a way to make a really good looking seat that is just as comfortable as this one. But, as we all know, you can only have comfort OR looks. I'll take the hit on looks on this one. Now, to find a good lookin and comfy solo seat.....

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread