Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 PM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmith800
I'd like to mount an auxiliary plug to the handlebars and place another in the saddlebag. Is this something I can do just by purchasing part HD part #69200970 or is this something i should have the dealership install? I could not find any detailed posts discussing this on a Breakout. The directions say the tank must come off?

I have just put a single solo bag on my breakout, I got the bag made with a little pocket inside so I can put my phone or keys in it.

I have bought a USB charge port & am planning to fit that inside the bag, as for power I was planning to power it from the connector that I use for the battery tender, that way if I remove the bag I can just unplug the charge port.

Be interested to see how others have done it& see some pic's.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:03 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by rodrocket
I have just put a single solo bag on my breakout, I got the bag made with a little pocket inside so I can put my phone or keys in it.

I have bought a USB charge port & am planning to fit that inside the bag, as for power I was planning to power it from the connector that I use for the battery tender, that way if I remove the bag I can just unplug the charge port.

Be interested to see how others have done it& see some pic's.
I would just put a battery tender y adapter...then affix a battery tender to female usb straight line to whichever direction you're going. Keep them hidden around the seat and run a usb line wherever you need it.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't realise a battery tender Y adaptor was available, just googled it Thank you

no I need to go shopping again, be great if a Y adaptor was available with a USB on one end, have you seen one like that as I don't like to have a lot of un necessary joins

Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by rodrocket
I didn't realise a battery tender Y adaptor was available, just googled it Thank you

no I need to go shopping again, be great if a Y adaptor was available with a USB on one end, have you seen one like that as I don't like to have a lot of un necessary joins
While on the topic, the y-adaptor you mentioned for the Battery Tender is exactly the same one that fits all or most of the HD and other brands of electrically heated gear (vests, gloves, etc).

I use my adaptors on both my Battery Tender and my heated clothes. And yes, the HD-branded battery charger uses the same adaptors.

Jim G

Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdicus7
Hey everyone, new to the forum but I have taken the time over several weeks to read all the posts here. I bought a 2015 Breakout in August 2016 and I love it. That being said I have a couple questions for the long time members and tech guru's here. I am planning on installing a set of Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggered pipes and. DJ Power Vision tuner. I know about Nostradamus' info on his install using V&H part 17933. Unfortunately that part number is no longer available and they are using a universal fit # of 17939. When I called Fuel Moto today I wanted to be sure I could get a good map for the Power Vision, since the manufacturer says these pipes do not fit the breakout. The tech went on to say that they won't even order pipes for me if the manufacturer says they don't fit my model.
So here's the big question...if I order a set of pipes for a 2016 Softail Fatboy and a Power Vision for the same bike will I be ok with mapping or should I order my pipes and tuner separately and get the tuner mapped for the breakout?
The V&H big radius 2 into 1 exhaust don't fit the Breakout either, yet they are on my 2017 Breakout, Softail Slim is what I ordered mine for, but it's the same frame anyway. Power Vision PV2 part #1020 1490 is what I have.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:38 PM
ArcherAve
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeking an opinion guys,
I took off my tank badges and wanted to see how the Iron gothic decal would look on the Breakout.

Without Decal: https://ibb.co/mBrWVa

With Decal: https://ibb.co/dy25qa

Which looks better? Obviously I know it's subjective, but looking for feedback.

Sorry for the links, every time I try to embed pics on this forum it never posts.

Thanks Guys!

Old 04-02-2017, 12:43 PM
WRMorrison
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

With. I've always liked that style.

-WRM

Old 04-02-2017, 12:43 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Keep the Decal.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:45 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcherAve
Seeking an opinion guys,
I took off my tank badges and wanted to see how the Iron gothic decal would look on the Breakout.

Without Decal: https://ibb.co/mBrWVa

With Decal: https://ibb.co/dy25qa

Which looks better? Obviously I know it's subjective, but looking for feedback.

Sorry for the links, every time I try to embed pics on this forum it never posts.

Thanks Guys!
If it's this decal only or none then I'd vote for none. Plus the decal is in the wrong position.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:14 AM
ArcherAve
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EagleRay
If it's this decal only or none then I'd vote for none. Plus the decal is in the wrong position.
Yes, I have always liked this tank decal. I did a side by side comparison with the 883 and that was the best I could get it placed. It's hard to compare the two because our tanks are shaped much differently and have less surface area.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread