Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalt10
Finally got new grips on the Breakout. I've been going to put new ones on since I bought it over a year ago. Haven't been able to find any I liked. Just wanted plain black but thick ones. Was at Daytona Speedway today walking around for awhile and was about to leave and saw the Avon grip tent. Had a decent amount on display. I got the Avon Memory Foam Anodized 1.625". $69.00 installed, took longer to bring my bike around to them than it took to put them on. Ride home they were great. These things are big, fits my hands great.

Looks good Dalt!!!

Old 03-12-2017, 12:09 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
You're surprised our bike aint listed??? The Breakout is the Red-headed stepchild at H-D! According to H-D, nothing fits it...lol...

H-D is missing out on making accessory sales and dealers are losing labor $$ because their catalogs omit the BO all over the place. Dopes.
\
lol- yep that is pretty much it- and aftermarket parts companies like Works shocks, others, don't make a lot of parts for the Breakout "Because it is an unpopular model of HD" (I have been told that, verbatim, on the phone from different companies when inquiring about parts - real dopes!!!).

The good news is, there is a lot of good info in thread like this on what fits. For the front forks, pretty much all recent dyna / softail use 49mm. Because of that I discovered out you could upgrade the front fork springs and dampers using parts for other softail / dyna models- If you went to Ricor, RaceTech websites, no one lists fitment for Breakout. Calling them was "uhh I don't know" or "if it's not listed it won't fit" types of answers.

these companies are leaving a lot of money on the table. The Breakout is probably one of the greatest owner-customization bikes ever made by HD.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:13 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalt10
Finally got new grips on the Breakout. I've been going to put new ones on since I bought it over a year ago. Haven't been able to find any I liked. Just wanted plain black but thick ones. Was at Daytona Speedway today walking around for awhile and was about to leave and saw the Avon grip tent. Had a decent amount on display. I got the Avon Memory Foam Anodized 1.625". $69.00 installed, took longer to bring my bike around to them than it took to put them on. Ride home they were great. These things are big, fits my hands great.
Dalt those are really nice- thanks for sharing another good option for grips.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Dalt those are really nice- thanks for sharing another good option for grips.
Funny that out of the few mods I've did to my bike (around $1500+) the $69.00 mod is the one I like the most (not that I don't like the other stuff done to the bike).

Old 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

lol- yep that is pretty much it- and aftermarket parts companies like Works shocks, others, don't make a lot of parts for the Breakout "Because it is an unpopular model of HD" (I have been told that, verbatim, on the phone from different companies when inquiring about parts - real dopes!!!).

The good news is, there is a lot of good info in thread like this on what fits. For the front forks, pretty much all recent dyna / softail use 49mm. Because of that I discovered out you could upgrade the front fork springs and dampers using parts for other softail / dyna models- If you went to Ricor, RaceTech websites, no one lists fitment for Breakout. Calling them was "uhh I don't know" or "if it's not listed it won't fit" types of answers.

these companies are leaving a lot of money on the table. The Breakout is probably one of the greatest owner-customization bikes ever made by HD.
Here in Germany I think the Breakout is one of the best selling models for HD. At least I get the impression every time I walk into my dealership.
​​​​
Unfortunately our mechanis here even know less than the techs in the US and to them what's written in he P&A catalog is like the holy bible. When I show up there with some new mod ideas like the 30T front pulley swap they always shrug their shoulders "don't know, haven't done that yet". Fortunately by know they've learned not discuss with me about fitment....because I tell them to just do it

Old 03-12-2017, 03:55 PM
doo925
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

EagleRay, do you ever ride with the HD Breakout Friends group ? Sure wish we could get a US/Canadian chapter up and running.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:15 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by doo925
EagleRay, do you ever ride with the HD Breakout Friends group ? Sure wish we could get a US/Canadian chapter up and running.
Well, I used to live in Austin, Texas, but now live on Vancouver Island, BC, so who else with a Breakout is on or near The Island?

Jim G

Old 03-12-2017, 04:17 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

New Brunswick

Old 03-12-2017, 04:27 PM
rquest
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

lol- yep that is pretty much it- and aftermarket parts companies like Works shocks, others, don't make a lot of parts for the Breakout "Because it is an unpopular model of HD"
This is ridiculous! haha, However there may be two reasons... #1 they are new, rather expensive and out of a lot of peoples budget and #2 Look pretty good just the way they come from the factory, possibly most would just buy a Soft-Tail to mod?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:58 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

I was told the same thing by parts dept. not a popular bike "because of the 240 rear tire" I told him if it were not for the Breakout with a 240 rear tire, I would not have bought a new Harley, I would have just built a custom.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread