Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 01:10 PM
dustcloud87
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny the headlight I bought got a 5 star review from a Harley tech and he said you couldn't tell the difference between it and the Daymaker. But thank you for reminding me why I don't usually bother to ask for advice on these sites.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:11 PM
dustcloud87
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Richvw. Where did you purchase it?

Old 03-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Richvw
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dustcloud87
Thanks for the reply Richvw. Where did you purchase it?
EagleLights.com

Old 03-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Richvw
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Richvw
EagleLights.com
eaglelites.com

Old 03-11-2017, 03:03 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 294 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by dustcloud87
Funny the headlight I bought got a 5 star review from a Harley tech and he said you couldn't tell the difference between it and the Daymaker. But thank you for reminding me why I don't usually bother to ask for advice on these sites.
You didn't examine the specs for the Eagle. For one example of the differences, the Harley Daymaker puts out 21% more lumens. Like I said, you get what you pay for.

Jim G

Old 03-11-2017, 03:58 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
The LIST price on a genuie HD Daymaker is $400. So, you are implying that your substitute headlight cost you $100. If it really cost you $100, there is NO way that it is even remotely comparable to a Daymaker.

There are, in some products, lower priced bargains, but no good LED headlight costs $100. You do get what you pay for.

Me, I would rather just pay for the good headlight, istead of pay for a crappy headlight and a replacement bucket necessitated by that crappy headlight, but that's just me.

Jim G
Yeah I have to totally agree here. Who wants all that hassle?? Look online, JW Speaker makes the HD Daymaker I think you maybe able to find one cheaper nowadays. JW Speaker has newer versions out for the motorcycle headlight in that size now. They even have an adaptive version that looks pretty cool but is pricey.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:39 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
You might want to double check the fitment of those clamps for the Breakout. I was looking for one of those to use as security since its of the locking variety for my quick release windshield. Thing is they don't offer it from what I could see in the online catalogue, the one you linked says it fits Sportsters. I am pretty sure but it is the diameter of the fork tubes are not the same, Breakout having 49mm tubes, that clamp will not fit. Plus 4 of them at about $45 each....
Here's the 49mm version

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...20-57400008--1

The price isn't really an issue, as long as they work as advertised. Only one of those locking clamps is required - if you want to lock the rack to your bike. My local dealer had one in stock - I got it today. It snaps right onto the fork tube - as advertised ... shazam!

The part number for the other three clamps is 57192-05A (non-locking). I ordered three. Here it is:

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....-mnt-57192-05a

Prefer pictures?

https://www.google.com/search?q=harl...h=463&dpr=1.65

I've been trying to figure out a clean way to strap a bag to the bike for a while now. Putting it on the bars has worked well for me, except for occasionally knocking the headlight out of whack. Fabbing up this quick release rack looks like it'll solve that problem.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Finally got new grips on the Breakout. I've been going to put new ones on since I bought it over a year ago. Haven't been able to find any I liked. Just wanted plain black but thick ones. Was at Daytona Speedway today walking around for awhile and was about to leave and saw the Avon grip tent. Had a decent amount on display. I got the Avon Memory Foam Anodized 1.625". $69.00 installed, took longer to bring my bike around to them than it took to put them on. Ride home they were great. These things are big, fits my hands great.

Last edited by Dalt10; 03-11-2017 at 05:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NSR (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 07:11 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Here's the 49mm version

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...20-57400008--1

The price isn't really an issue, as long as they work as advertised. Only one of those locking clamps is required - if you want to lock the rack to your bike. My local dealer had one in stock - I got it today. It snaps right onto the fork tube - as advertised ... shazam!

The part number for the other three clamps is 57192-05A (non-locking). I ordered three. Here it is:

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....-mnt-57192-05a

Prefer pictures?

https://www.google.com/search?q=harl...h=463&dpr=1.65

I've been trying to figure out a clean way to strap a bag to the bike for a while now. Putting it on the bars has worked well for me, except for occasionally knocking the headlight out of whack. Fabbing up this quick release rack looks like it'll solve that problem.
Funny they don't show the Breakout on the fitment drop down? Should work cause it says 49mm not sure why its not listed for BO? Anyhow thanks for the link I will be picking up a locking one for my QD windshield.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:36 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
Funny they don't show the Breakout on the fitment drop down? Should work cause it says 49mm not sure why its not listed for BO? Anyhow thanks for the link I will be picking up a locking one for my QD windshield.
You're surprised our bike aint listed??? The Breakout is the Red-headed stepchild at H-D! According to H-D, nothing fits it...lol...

H-D is missing out on making accessory sales and dealers are losing labor $$ because their catalogs omit the BO all over the place. Dopes.

The clamp definitely fits. I tried the one I bought on a Breakout in the showroom. Tried it on my bike when I got home. Works perfect

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread