Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:01 PM
wedgemoose
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing actually. That's the one thing I need to do bad(get Chrome ones). I want some that just plug and play. Only problem is they are part of the switch. So it cost a fortune to do it that way. But those are the stock blinkers. I don't think you can see them because of the pic. But they are there. Maybe the smoked lenses are hiding them in the pic

Then I need to decide chrome oil tank and front chrome forks. I just don't know how it will look on that thing. I kind of like some black. But definitely want my front blinkers chrome.

Oh and thanks. 2013 just like yours. No anti-lock brake stuff either thank god. It just got bored to a 106 this winter. Here's a pic of the clean handle bars(or i should say as clean as I can get them) but still can't see the blinkers. sorry

Last edited by wedgemoose; 02-22-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
dabomb6608
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wedgemoose
Nothing actually. That's the one thing I need to do bad(get Chrome ones). I want some that just plug and play. Only problem is they are part of the switch. So it cost a fortune to do it that way. But those are the stock blinkers. I don't think you can see them because of the pic. But they are there. Maybe the smoked lenses are hiding them in the pic

Then I need to decide chrome oil tank and front chrome forks. I just don't know how it will look on that thing. I kind of like some black. But definitely want my front blinkers chrome.

Oh and thanks. 2013 just like yours. No anti-lock brake stuff either thank god. It just got bored to a 106 this winter. Here's a pic of the clean handle bars but still can't see the blinkers. sorry
Ahhh now that I look closer I can see the stockers. I hear you on trying to decide which direction to go with things. I believe with mine I will keep with the idea of the wheels being contrast cut. So I'm thinking keeping most the chrome goodies reserved to the engine area with the rest going blacked out. The Blackline console is definitely on the list of things to get. My list of wanted goodies is already over $3k without even doing any motor work!

Old 02-22-2017, 03:30 PM
wedgemoose
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dabomb6608
Ahhh now that I look closer I can see the stockers. I hear you on trying to decide which direction to go with things. I believe with mine I will keep with the idea of the wheels being contrast cut. So I'm thinking keeping most the chrome goodies reserved to the engine area with the rest going blacked out. The Blackline console is definitely on the list of things to get. My list of wanted goodies is already over $3k without even doing any motor work!
Haha You got that right. I'm almost done and I think I still need $3000 more

WTF does it ever end. Good luck and thanks

P.S. I didn't do the motor work by choice. Long story. But I was forced to do that. Money I could of used elsewhere. But things happen

The following users liked this post:
dabomb6608 (02-22-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:57 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by dabomb6608
Sharp bike, what did you do with your front signals? I'm going to be slowly working on getting my handlebar area cleaned up some. Can't decide between bar-end signals or fork wrap-around signals. Also want to add some scythe mirrors, iso grips and some kind of contrast cut levers.
The fork wrap ones are pretty slick. I have the ones that are drl and switch to Amber when turning.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:50 AM
dabomb6608
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
The fork wrap ones are pretty slick. I have the ones that are drl and switch to Amber when turning.
Do the DRL really provide any benefit? I was thinking it would be a non directed light source.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:45 AM
wedgemoose
Cruiser

Quick question guys. Does anyone have any experience with the lock cylinders? My grande ignition won't except my key anymore. I took it apart, lubed it with no luck. I have it unlocked now but can't lock the ignition anymore. Almost got key stuck in it forever but luckily got it out eventually. So the problem is now i'm going to have to get a new tumbler set which is pretty expensive. And I'm wondering if anyone knows how I change the Fork lock tumbler. I've read something about drilling and easy outing that tumbler? Has anyone done it. Is it a big deal? And has anyone else's Granade tumbler failed like mine?

Old 02-24-2017, 07:51 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Quick question guys. Does anyone have any experience with the lock cylinders? My grande ignition won't except my key anymore. I took it apart, lubed it with no luck. I have it unlocked now but can't lock the ignition anymore. Almost got key stuck in it forever but luckily got it out eventually. So the problem is now i'm going to have to get a new tumbler set which is pretty expensive. And I'm wondering if anyone knows how I change the Fork lock tumbler. I've read something about drilling and easy outing that tumbler? Has anyone done it. Is it a big deal? And has anyone else's Granade tumbler failed like mine?
Call a locksmith bro. He may save you a lot of trouble and money.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:16 AM
wedgemoose
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Call a locksmith bro. He may save you a lot of trouble and money.

My ONLY hesitation on that HK was that it's a sealed unit. I took it out last night to see if anything could be looked at or touched. It's a sealed cylinder with no access to the tumbler.

But good idea. May try it. if i can even find one around here.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:42 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I have never had a problem with the fork lock.

I did have a problem with the ignition lock. One day I noticed that the lever was loose. I tightened up the small set screw that keeps the lever in place. I went a little crazy on that set screw and I damaged the lock cylinder. The switch worked - I could turn the bike on and off - but I could not lock the switch. I could insert the key, but it would not turn and lock, no way. I wound up replacing the switch.

If you've already had it apart you know what's involved in that.

If you go to a dealer with your registration and ID they will order a replacement switch for you that matches your existing, original key.

It sucks - the switch is kinda pricey, like you said - but that's where you are man.....

The following users liked this post:
HKMark23 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 11:24 AM
wedgemoose
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NSR
I have never had a problem with the fork lock.

I did have a problem with the ignition lock. One day I noticed that the lever was loose. I tightened up the small set screw that keeps the lever in place. I went a little crazy on that set screw and I damaged the lock cylinder. The switch worked - I could turn the bike on and off - but I could not lock the switch. I could insert the key, but it would not turn and lock, no way. I wound up replacing the switch.

If you've already had it apart you know what's involved in that.

If you go to a dealer with your registration and ID they will order a replacement switch for you that matches your existing, original key.

It sucks - the switch is kinda pricey, like you said - but that's where you are man.....

WOW... that's the same exact thing that happened to me!!! My turn **** fell off. And i put right back on and tightened the set screw. Ever since that the key won't turn in the cylinder. I even loosened it to see if the screw was putting too much pressure on it or something. But no luck. Weird the same happened to both of us.

But i did not know the dealer could do what you say? the parts book says you need to buy the set(ignition and fork barrel/key sets). So that's great news. I would much rather only change out my ignition side but thought you could only do both or none. Nice!!! thanks.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread