Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Reports are that the pipe doesn't make power...they do look great though.
when i had my bike dyno tuned after i did intake,tuner,exhaust there was a substantial gain...then again i did all 3...but the tuner said any 2/1 will make way better power than stock...but there may be other 2/1 that do better...i didnt really care its just my cruiser...i got other bikes to go fast on...all hd are slow to me..lol

Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM
KAExcaliber
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a Breakout!

Wasn't really in the market for a bike. In-fact I was in the process of selling my Ducati 848 and just stopped by the dealership to help a friend make some decisions on his.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I'm the proud owner of a 2016 BO in Charcoal Denim. It's still totally stock so I can justify spending some money on it. Most readily on bars and pipes as I'm sure you all guessed.

I like the Vance and Hines Big Radius in chrome. Any recommendations on where to pick these up for less than $800.

As far as bars go, I haven't tried many other Harleys out but I feel like I'm struggling to reach the BO handles. Up and bac would be a nice fit. Something that follows the lines of the forks that but not crazy aggressive. Can someone point me in the right direction. Not sure how you get a feel for these without buying them and trying em all out. lol

Lastly, you all seem to have a vast amount more knowledge than I, seeing as I've been into Harleys for about a week now. Any other must have mods right off the bat. I'm mechanically inclined but not made of money

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-20-2017, 10:58 AM
vj82
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys know if CVO headlight cowl is available to purchase already?
Or if anyone installed Night rod cowl? Want to do this mod on my bike
It got really warm here in Chicago and I start working on my Breakout again, still have to install Thunderbike chin spoiler, turn signals, black mirrors etc, and was looking to do something with a headlight too

Old 02-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Watchdog
Stage I

Originally Posted by KAExcaliber
Wasn't really in the market for a bike. In-fact I was in the process of selling my Ducati 848 and just stopped by the dealership to help a friend make some decisions on his.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I'm the proud owner of a 2016 BO in Charcoal Denim. It's still totally stock so I can justify spending some money on it. Most readily on bars and pipes as I'm sure you all guessed.

I like the Vance and Hines Big Radius in chrome. Any recommendations on where to pick these up for less than $800.

As far as bars go, I haven't tried many other Harleys out but I feel like I'm struggling to reach the BO handles. Up and bac would be a nice fit. Something that follows the lines of the forks that but not crazy aggressive. Can someone point me in the right direction. Not sure how you get a feel for these without buying them and trying em all out. lol

Lastly, you all seem to have a vast amount more knowledge than I, seeing as I've been into Harleys for about a week now. Any other must have mods right off the bat. I'm mechanically inclined but not made of money

Thanks in advance!
I put the V&H big radius on my 2015 BO and they are Very Very loud. If that's what you want.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:48 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by KAExcaliber

Thanks in advance!
If the bike still has the factory tires on it, get rid of them ASAP!

Old 02-20-2017, 05:09 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
If the bike still has the factory tires on it, get rid of them ASAP!
Is a Metzler or Pirrelli tire really that much better?

Old 02-20-2017, 05:17 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
Is a Metzler or Pirrelli tire really that much better?
OH YES!!!

No comparison.

Changing to the Pirellitires back and then front on my Breakout was, each time, like the bike lost a pair of cement overshoes. The change at the rear was particularly stunning.

Jim G

Old 02-20-2017, 05:32 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
OH YES!!!

No comparison.

Changing to the Pirellitires back and then front on my Breakout was, each time, like the bike lost a pair of cement overshoes. The change at the rear was particularly stunning.

Jim G
Guess I'll have to do some burnouts when I get my bike back.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:47 PM
wedgemoose
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dabomb6608
Currently awaiting shipment of my new to me 13' Breakout from Florida. Here is a sneak peak.

So excited to get this here!

A fellow Blue breakout guy. Nice !!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2017, 02:13 PM
dabomb6608
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wedgemoose
A fellow Blue breakout guy. Nice !!!!!!!

Sharp bike, what did you do with your front signals? I'm going to be slowly working on getting my handlebar area cleaned up some. Can't decide between bar-end signals or fork wrap-around signals. Also want to add some scythe mirrors, iso grips and some kind of contrast cut levers.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread