Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:52 PM
CultLdr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to all that posted pics of their SS and helping spend more money, I mean mod, I didn't do the work but love the outcome Also as has been mentioned, seat has to go lol but I am going to figure that out soon. The cam cover will be coming off soon as well as exhaust, going to just go with a stock wrinkle cam cover. Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 will be in tomorrow.

Name:  BreakoutSS1_zpse0ab45d9.jpg
Views: 6335
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  BreakoutSS2_zpsfdff40a5.jpg
Views: 1981
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  BreakoutSS3_zps035a40d6.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  58.4 KB

Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 PM
legacywr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CultLdr, 24v and others, do you ride your bikes that low? If so, what's it like?

My SS should be here tomorrow!

Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 PM
CultLdr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legacywr
CultLdr, 24v and others, do you ride your bikes that low? If so, what's it like?

My SS should be here tomorrow!
I will if I don't have to turn sharp and/or if I'm going in a pretty much straight line cuz it feels and looks great. But the primary is so close I have to remind myself to be careful (just had it a couple days now).

It does raise up pretty fast compared to the other systems I've seen videos on the net etc. Just had a vision of me high centering myself on a speed bump, lol that would be bad.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CultLdr
I will if I don't have to turn sharp and/or if I'm going in a pretty much straight line cuz it feels and looks great. But the primary is so close I have to remind myself to be careful (just had it a couple days now).

It does raise up pretty fast compared to the other systems I've seen videos on the net etc. Just had a vision of me high centering myself on a speed bump, lol that would be bad.
Just a heads up.. I don't have mine lowered that far, and I've already got a few scratch marks on the bottom of my primary... I think I cornered a little too hard last year a couple times.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:01 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

I ride mine very low. You just learn how to ride it that way.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:48 PM
jweinsteiger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pa-Rider
Just a heads up.. I don't have mine lowered that far, and I've already got a few scratch marks on the bottom of my primary... I think I cornered a little too hard last year a couple times.

I have scratch marks on the bottom of my primary at stock ride height but I was riding with 2 on the bike at the time!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:23 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by jweinsteiger
I have scratch marks on the bottom of my primary at stock ride height but I was riding with 2 on the bike at the time!
Had to do a double take. Thought you wrote stretch marks . Only Michael Moore could put stretch marks on a primary !!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 PM
jweinsteiger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Had to do a double take. Thought you wrote stretch marks . Only Michael Moore could put stretch marks on a primary !!
:icon_cr ackup::i con_crackup::icon_crac kup:

Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 AM
ducatirdr
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Riding Low

When I was in Florida this past bike week I could ride it as low as I wanted and just work the corners a bit slower. Riding it as a rigid is not bad. The big rear tire takes the hit on small stuff. But I found having just a little travel on the rear works really well.

Back home I use the softness of the air ride at normal height to soak up the road. The roads in New England SUCK! Frost heaves and pot holes launch you out of the set on lowered/rigid bikes. The roads start off smooth as Florida and Arizona roads when new but after a couple winters they are like a Supercross track. My local route 20 is whooped out every 50 yards with a frost heave on the crack across the pavement. Even stock Softail shocks bottom on these bumps. I bring this up as I originally bought the Shotgun Shock just to lower my bike and then give it clearance when riding it. I was surprised at its cloud like ride as a side benefit. I wouldn't have believed how well it handles these bumpy roads. If you are in CA, FL, or AZ then you probably don't care about bump absorption so much.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:11 PM
wickedweasel13
6th Gear
Question 1/4 fairing

i like the fairing you have which part did you get , and what mounting hardware did you get to have the proper fit

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread