Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Longer fork tubes for sure, maybe dyna wide glide or similar. If you observe the lower part of the frame you'll notice the front part is higher than the rear. The chopper attitude of the BO has been generally enhanced also by adding a tall sissy bar.

The following users liked this post:
tphykitt (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalt10
Not sure but looks like they just have longer fork tubes.
+1....longer tubes

Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 AM
EricRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 629 Posts

Wanted a windscreen a little bigger than the Fly Screen, but not many options for the Breakout. So I had Gustafsson Plastics, Inc make me a custom. Using same mounting hardware as the Fly Screen. I like it. Haven't put it on yet, at work, just drilled the mounting holes.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:02 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by EricRay
...but not many options for the Breakout....
Yeah, the Breakout is not a windshield bike...

Old 01-11-2017, 04:51 PM
tphykitt
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Longer fork tubes for sure, maybe dyna wide glide or similar. If you observe the lower part of the frame you'll notice the front part is higher than the rear. The chopper attitude of the BO has been generally enhanced also by adding a tall sissy bar.
I have the tall sissy bar.. was wondering if this had any negative effects? Longer fork tubes that is..

Old 01-11-2017, 08:14 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

I don't think the touched the frame, but the front forks look to be possibly 4" over stock. Looks badass, but it will change rake and trail changing the handling characteristics of the bike.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:43 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by tphykitt
I have the tall sissy bar.. was wondering if this had any negative effects? Longer fork tubes that is..
You bet longer forks will have a negative effect. They will make the bike turn even more reluctantly than it already does with the stock Dunlop rear tire. If you are going to lengthen the forks, I strongly suggest you first change to a tire with a better profile for tight turning - like the Pirelli Diablo 240 I am running. There are probably other good tires out there too, but don't keep that cement-overshoes Dunlop.

On the plus side, the longer forks will improve the ground clearace during cornering, so your footpegs won't drag quite as soon.

Jim G

Old 01-11-2017, 09:26 PM
tphykitt
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
I don't think the touched the frame, but the front forks look to be possibly 4" over stock. Looks badass, but it will change rake and trail changing the handling characteristics of the bike.
I never understood what the 'trail' is. It looks badass, I think I want to do it but I don't want to regret it.

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
You bet longer forks will have a negative effect. They will make the bike turn even more reluctantly than it already does with the stock Dunlop rear tire. If you are going to lengthen the forks, I strongly suggest you first change to a tire with a better profile for tight turning - like the Pirelli Diablo 240 I am running. There are probably other good tires out there too, but don't keep that cement-overshoes Dunlop.

On the plus side, the longer forks will improve the ground clearace during cornering, so your footpegs won't drag quite as soon.

I already ripped the pegs off both sides from cornering lol I would def like more lean. The dunlops are awful. I run through tires like CRAZY. Someone recommended the michelin power commander 2. Hadn't heard of the pirellis until now.

Jim G

Old 01-11-2017, 09:47 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

I never understood what the 'trail' is. It looks badass, I think I want to do it but I don't want to regret it.
When I put on the Pirelli, it was like the bike lost a set of concrete overshoes. The difference was THAT dramatic. Not only ois the profile better on the Pirelli Diablo, but it also weighs approximately 5 to 6 lb less than the Dunlop. That is no exaggeration - I compared the weights before I bought the Pirelli.

Jim G

Old 01-11-2017, 09:54 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Check this out

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...explained.aspx

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread