Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:30 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by tphykitt
what are the best things I could do to get more power?

I have vance big radius and a better intake. I learned that I can get it up to 120mph in fourth gear. Logged 15,000 miles since June.
A good tune and/or cams and/or heads and/or throttle body and/or injectors and/or big bore kit and/or...........and/or.......

Originally Posted by UHDhog
... so many options you can do it's crazy.
^That^

Last edited by EagleRay; 10-21-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:19 PM
tphykitt
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleRay

A good tune and/or cams and/or heads and/or throttle body and/or injectors and/or big bore kit and/or...........and/or.......

^That^
lol death before rice burner thank you

Old 10-22-2016, 12:20 PM
tphykitt
Advanced

Originally Posted by UHDhog
Buy an old liter bike if you want to go faster than 120mph. Would be cheaper too.

In all seriousness, visit the tuning section of the forums. So many options you can do it's crazy. Go where it gets discussed and start searching. It will take a while to learn exactly what YOU want, so be patient.
thank you. love the look of your front forks. how does it handle? what are they called?

Old 10-22-2016, 01:09 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

thank you. love the look of your front forks. how does it handle? what are they called?
Thanks. They are called fork boots. Or fork gaitors. Breakout tubes are 49mm. Make sure you get the right size for your forks. They are fairly cheap as well. I think those ran me under $30 IIRC. They are mostly cosmetic and provide protection from your tubes being chipped up by rocks. I added thicker fork oil when I had to replace a seal. It made it a little stiffer, but if you want really good handling, look up the sticky for Breakout fork tube upgrades. I plan on doing that in the near future.

Last edited by UHDhog; 10-22-2016 at 01:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tphykitt (10-22-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 10:46 AM
ChromeSpark
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you done the rear drive ratio change? All comments seem to point at that being a good upgrade

Old 10-28-2016, 11:57 PM
tphykitt
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChromeSpark
Have you done the rear drive ratio change? All comments seem to point at that being a good upgrade
What is that??

Old 10-29-2016, 12:14 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

What is that??

Hey man, post up a pic of your bike.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:35 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

What is that??
Take a look at the Sticky on top of the Softail forum where it says "Drive Ratio Upgrade"!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...p-to-13-a.html

The following users liked this post:
tphykitt (10-29-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 09:12 AM
JerzeyDevil
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone tell me how the front of the Danny Gray pillion is secured since the solo just has one bolt at the rear of it?

Old 10-29-2016, 10:00 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

what are the best things I could do to get more power? I have vance big radius and a better intake. I learned that I can get it up to 120mph in fourth gear. Logged 15,000 miles since June.
As mentioned, upgrading your belt pulley drive ratios are the single best performance gain you can do to any stock 2007 and up HD softail / dyna and will give the the BEST performance return for $$ spent. period. it will benefit every aspect of riding whether you are town only, freeway only, a cruiser rider or an aggressive rider. It does not reduce mpg either (only your right wrist does that - heh)

Our bikes are geared way too tall from the factory for EPA and noise reasons. - think as if you were always trying to take off from a stop on a bicycle stuck in 3rd gear. just the fact that you CAN hit 120 in 4th gear fully attests to the bike being way too tall on gearing ratio. go 30/70 on the belt pulleys as outlined in the thread at top of softail forum, tune bike, you won't believe its the same bike. All you are doing is getting the bike back to a pre-2007 proper drive ratio, and undoing the slag of the too tall ratio.

I also recently discovered and proved that the 48h cams are WICKED in the stock 103 motor. it will raise compression (which = added power) but not too much as some have erroneously warned. I am so pleased with the performance of the 48h they are not coming out unless I do a 107" kit- but really, I don't see the need (yet! lol).

But do upgrade the belt pulleys and you probably won't want to do cams after or at least not for some time. And even if you do, then you'll get more out of the cams or other motor work by having an actual proper final drive ratio.

Good luck - Good riding.

Last edited by LA_Dog; 10-29-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread