Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:20 PM
tphykitt
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default wheelie

has anyone been able to get their breakout on one wheel yet? any tips on how I can figure this out? Got an intake and big radius pipes. Def got a 'burnout' down.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:21 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by tphykitt
has anyone been able to get their breakout on one wheel yet? any tips on how I can figure this out? Got an intake and big radius pipes. Def got a 'burnout' down.
Why would anybody want to do that?

The following users liked this post:
Kidmandudebro (11-22-2023)
Old 09-29-2016, 02:58 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by tphykitt
has anyone been able to get their breakout on one wheel yet? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Originally Posted by EagleRay
Why would anybody want to do that?
Its actually quite easy. I've discovered that by placing my MC jack too far forward under the frame, my front wheel rises while my rear wheel remains on the deck.

Thing is, I don't get that much of a kick out of it. Could I be depressed ?

Old 09-29-2016, 03:35 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Its actually quite easy. I've discovered that by placing my MC jack too far forward under the frame, my front wheel rises while my rear wheel remains on the deck.

Thing is, I don't get that much of a kick out of it. Could I be depressed ?
True, this will work obviously. The challenge is to get it on the front wheel

Old 09-30-2016, 06:40 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

wrapped up tuning today - OMG.

These 48h cams are fast as ****- they romp all over the 57h given my stock compression level. Once I gave them the right timing tables, adjusted CDE's a bit, got VEs dialed in on a couple of tuning runs, everything just came together like a thunderstorm.

Holding the throttle WFO and banging 1st through 6th getting onto the freeway was insane. It's like I needed a 7th gear- Was well over 100mph and the bike just kept pulling like a locomotive. Sort of that "sport bike quick" gut-queasy feeling of acceleration 1st through 5th. Dig it.

I'm going to post my current Powervision tune file for the 48h cams and corresponding log ride file over in the cam thread I started. It's on page #2 of thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...t-softail.html

Last edited by LA_Dog; 09-30-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:07 PM
RadarRat
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
wrapped up tuning today - OMG.

These 48h cams are fast as ****- they romp all over the 57h given my stock compression level. Once I gave them the right timing tables, adjusted CDE's a bit, got VEs dialed in on a couple of tuning runs, everything just came together like a thunderstorm.

Holding the throttle WFO and banging 1st through 6th getting onto the freeway was insane. It's like I needed a 7th gear- Was well over 100mph and the bike just kept pulling like a locomotive. Sort of that "sport bike quick" gut-queasy feeling of acceleration 1st through 5th. Dig it.
That sounds pretty awesome. I'm a bit jealous. Hopefully next spring after I get all my goodies put in I'll be able to make a similar post.

Ordered a Fueling cam install/gasket kit and Woods Alpha lifters this week. Last week got a heartland cam bearing removal/install tool from another member. The week before my SE204 cams got delivered. Now just have to save up for the 50mm throttle body and injectors and pick which pushrods I want to go with.

30/70T pulley combo gets put in on the 9th. Want to see what that feels like before winter comes.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:26 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds like a nice bit of upgrades! as long as you end up with your dynamic compression in the 9.2-9.4 area with the SE204 cams, and optimize your timing tables, you should have the same results. (you can calculate all of this before doing any motor work).

the 30/70 pulley change is going to make the bike "quick" and be a significantly noticeable upgrade, the cam upgrade (more engine hp/tq), is going to give you a lot more raw grunt behind the quick. - if that makes sense...

larger injectors and TB will give you a bit more HP up top and will ensure the injectors are not overworking. but you really won't get a lot of benefit out of the larger injectors / tb until you do other motor work like heads or a 107 kit.

I like the S&S or Cyco adjustable pushrods- Anything with the finer thread count (TPI). be sure to set your lifter preload to .150" tappet depth it will be less noisy than setting it to .100 or .120"

Old 10-01-2016, 07:35 AM
mattjohnsonatx
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How difficult is it to remove all the tins for a custom paint job? (front/rear fender, tank? Thx

Old 10-01-2016, 11:16 AM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
short video today - idle and couple quick revs with the 48h cams. running very well - only thing is I'd like to try and get my idle MAP down closer to 30-32. it is presently sitting pretty solid at 35-37kpa. but the bike just hauls ***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOvY0Keq3x8

Good stuff!!

Old 10-03-2016, 07:05 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Here comes the hate... I put bags and a trunk for a 2000 mile trip to the Smokey Mountains. Did 419 miles today and it was awesome!

Breakout ready for touring!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread