Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 03:23 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mattjohnsonatx
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.
Got it. Thanks. I guess if you would have made fun of me for not knowing then you would be a troll based on the above definition. But you are not a troll. Thank god!

Old 08-19-2016, 03:32 PM
mattjohnsonatx
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. I've got a question myself for everyone. New 2016 Breakout owner as of Monday. It's has been awhile since I was on two wheels but decided it was time for another bike. Went for a cruiser this time and not the sports bikes of my younger days (SV650, GXR750) This bike is killing it, in both style and comfort.

I've purchased it new with a V&H Stage 1 which sounds amazing and am working on my mod list. I've been lurking this forum for a bit getting some great ideas and sound information. I've already followed some advice and covered the bottom of my pillion in felt so I could remove the "awfully installed" rear fender protector since I ride solo unless the wife wants to join, and then I'll throw the pillion and detachable back rest on.

I am looking at the swing arm saddlebags and there are quite a lot of options. Not sure I can justify the extra $$ just for the HD branded bag (unless it's actually better quality). I am looking at Leatherworks and Viking bags at the moment. Any recommendations/advice on a swing arm saddlebag?

Thanks

Old 08-19-2016, 03:39 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JerzeyDevil
I'm coming up on my first service and wanted to see what brand of oil you guys are using in your Breakouts for the motor, primary, and trans?
Like cdonis I have used Mobile-1 and Redline. That's pretty much all I use. I also use a K&P Engineering billet reusable oil filter on all my bikes.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally Posted by riknbeth
OK, dumbest question ever asked... What is a troll?
Search Results

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into ...

Internet troll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Last edited by HKMark23; 08-19-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:31 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

No problem. I've got a question myself for everyone. New 2016 Breakout owner as of Monday. It's has been awhile since I was on two wheels but decided it was time for another bike. Went for a cruiser this time and not the sports bikes of my younger days (SV650, GXR750) This bike is killing it, in both style and comfort.

I've purchased it new with a V&H Stage 1 which sounds amazing and am working on my mod list. I've been lurking this forum for a bit getting some great ideas and sound information. I've already followed some advice and covered the bottom of my pillion in felt so I could remove the "awfully installed" rear fender protector since I ride solo unless the wife wants to join, and then I'll throw the pillion and detachable back rest on.

I am looking at the swing arm saddlebags and there are quite a lot of options. Not sure I can justify the extra $$ just for the HD branded bag (unless it's actually better quality). I am looking at Leatherworks and Viking bags at the moment. Any recommendations/advice on a swing arm saddlebag?

Thanks
I looked long and hard at the swing arm bags. I considered a bag on the front fork, and every option. I really have no idea if the HD bag is any better or worse than the other brands you mentioned. But I ended up with the HD swing arm bag. Reason it is leather (not some type of fake leather) and I get a 15% discount when I buy through my dealer. My experience is very good. Quality is there like all HD products and I can fit enough stuff in there that I do not need to wear my backpack or jam **** in my jacket anymore. But fair warning my laptop (13 inch) does not fit, still need my backpack for that. Good luck. Ride safe.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Thanks
I really like the Leather Works bag I have on my BO, looks great, good quality, and I like the Indian head nickels on the buckles...it matches the tool bag I have on the forks...

Old 08-19-2016, 09:53 PM
mattjohnsonatx
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the great pics RockerB!

Old 08-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Benjammin713
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out garage leathers solo bag! Big and the buckle is awesome!The Everything Breakout Thread-photo144.jpg

Old 08-20-2016, 09:45 PM
WRMorrison
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any recommendations/advice on a swing arm saddlebag?
Originally Posted by JeepXK
I've got this same one. Found it on eBay for $81 shipped. It's good leather, has 2 flaps (inner flap has a storage pocket for papers), standard buckles on the outside with QD buckles underneath, clear vinyl to protect the paint from the straps, quality straps/buckles to attach to swingarm, AND made in America...what's not to like?

Just look for "All American Rider Black Swingarm Storage Bag for Harley Softails"

I removed the logo from mine and had a few patches sewn on to cover up the rivet holes (not the best picture, but it's dark and cramped in the garage):

Name:  IMG_20160820_193615588_zpscluc2skc.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  124.1 KB

-WRM

Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by WRMorrison
I've got this same one. Found it on eBay for $81 shipped. It's good leather, has 2 flaps (inner flap has a storage pocket for papers), standard buckles on the outside with QD buckles underneath, clear vinyl to protect the paint from the straps, quality straps/buckles to attach to swingarm, AND made in America...what's not to like?

Just look for "All American Rider Black Swingarm Storage Bag for Harley Softails"

I removed the logo from mine and had a few patches sewn on to cover up the rivet holes (not the best picture, but it's dark and cramped in the garage):

-WRM
Love the patches you added. Nice! I am assuming you are a vet like myself. I heard a stat the other day that 7% of the US population is either on active duty or a veteran no longer serving. Assuming this was correct, it was shocking. 7% of the US population actually served or are currently serving and everyone talks about it all the time. Like they really have a ****ing clue?? Kind of irritating actually.

The following users liked this post:
WRMorrison (08-20-2016)

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread