Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

This was on a I'm pretty sure 2015 breakout. I'm not up with the new stuff, guessing it'd have ABS? As stated in another thread I didn't work on this one. Nothing on the BO was relocated to fit this spoiler though.
Starting from a sheet of steel these are one off, completely fabricated and shaped by hand, not a pre moulded fibreglass job. A hell of a lot of hours/days poured into making this and getting all the different shapes and curves right from scratch. For this one in full length large size, it's $1000 AUD. Looking at a our currency, that looks to be around $750 USD give or take some. You can change it up and request different grills or side gills for example

Here's an unfinished pic of that spoiler from front on to give a better look. Once again this is an unfinished pic of the previous spoiler.

Name:  0D56907A-0FDD-44BD-B1C5-EBEECBC56368.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  98.6 KB

Last edited by Ink83; 07-14-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:16 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
This was on a I'm pretty sure 2015 breakout. I'm not up with the new stuff, guessing it'd have ABS? As stated in another thread I didn't work on this one. Nothing on the BO was relocated to fit this spoiler though.
Starting from a sheet of steel these are one off, completely fabricated and shaped by hand, not a pre moulded fibreglass job. A hell of a lot of hours/days poured into making this and getting all the different shapes and curves right from scratch. For this one in full length large size, it's $1000 AUD. Looking at a our currency, that looks to be around $750 USD give or take some. You can change it up and request different grills or side gills for example

Here's an unfinished pic of that spoiler from front on to give a better look. Once again this is an unfinished pic of the previous spoiler.

Thx a lot for the info on the make and the price. Although I truly respect the amount of creativity, effort and work it takes to fab such a nice custom part I think I will pass on that one....simply not affordable for me. I'll leave this for the CVO guys who don't have to watch their $$$

Old 07-15-2016, 02:48 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Thanks eagleray that's completely understandable, I knew it wouldn't be in most people's budget. The unfortunate thing of some parts just take so much work to fabricate by hand it can make it hard to put an affordable price for everyone on it, while still paying yourself an hourly rate that makes it worth while doing.

Cheers again!

Old 07-15-2016, 04:58 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I like that spoiler and if I already hadn't had one installed I'd have seriously considered it as an option...good job!
It's not cheap but what Ink83 said is completely correct. Spent much higher prices for other parts so I'm not scared by this amount...

Old 07-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
I like that spoiler and if I already hadn't had one installed I'd have seriously considered it as an option...good job!
It's not cheap but what Ink83 said is completely correct. Spent much higher prices for other parts so I'm not scared by this amount...
Thank you! Appreciate the kind words Nostradamus!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 AM
The Real John Doe
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to lower the rear fender and the seats without lowering the suspensions? I would like to reduce the gap between my rear fender and the rear tire as well as lower the seat to match the rear fender so it would retain the shape of the breakout.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:42 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by The Real John Doe
Is it possible to lower the rear fender and the seats without lowering the suspensions?
Nope....not that I know of! A new fender and seat may do part of the job without changing the suspension....

The following users liked this post:
The Real John Doe (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 11:00 AM
WRMorrison
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Real John Doe
Is it possible to lower the rear fender and the seats without lowering the suspensions?
Anything is possible I suppose, but it would take either strut or fender modifications (not to mention a custom seat).

-WRM

Old 07-15-2016, 12:27 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 230 Posts

There's no way to lower the seat. it is ALREADY as thin as a seat can reasonably be - in fact too thin because sharp bumps REALLY get you with the stock seat! And, it is basically "factory molded' onto the frame at the front of it -SUPER thin at that point.

Jim G

Old 07-15-2016, 04:38 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Went back to the Big Radius on my Breakout (even though most Breakouts have them). Bought them from Duke here on the Site. The Freedom amendments looked good. And I was trying to make this Breakout look different than my last one. But I like the look and sound of the Big Radius. I am selling the Freedom Amendments. They will be in the Softail parts for sale.

Last edited by Dalt10; 07-15-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread