Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:31 PM
HardRock Alabama
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok , sounds like a plan. Thanks everybody for the reply.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Duke 13
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I'm not sure that removing and re-torquing those pulley bolts is a great idea. The torque needs to be in a specific range to be tight enough to not get loose, but not so tight that you strip threads. The loosening and retightening affects the "real" torque being applied.

If they don't need to come off, I wouldn't take them off. Maybe someone more experienced on them can comment though. I'm talking theoretically.

Jim G

Sorry guys. I didn't mention it but I did replace the pulley bolts.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:57 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRock Alabama
Ok , sounds like a plan. Thanks everybody for the reply.
Some like em chromed:

Old 07-07-2016, 10:12 AM
tphykitt
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have experience on here increasing the rake on the breakout? Trying to get a modern old school chopper feel. Don't want to increase it TOO much. Just a LIIIIIIITTTTLLLEEEEEE bit.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by tphykitt
Anyone have experience on here increasing the rake on the breakout? Trying to get a modern old school chopper feel. Don't want to increase it TOO much. Just a LIIIIIIITTTTLLLEEEEEE bit.
Have you considered a tank lift ? Its cheap and relatively easy to do. The mod would include apes, I assume, and there are various ways you can get the speedo to clear the tank, allowing for the lift.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Duke 13
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tphykitt
I added fork extensions to my Roadstar Raider and they works great. I've been thinking about doing the same thing in my Breakout.
I did a search and found some 41mm made of T6061 X 2" for $69.99 for
Harley Softails on Amazon. I'll probably give those a try.

Last edited by Duke 13; 07-07-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:12 PM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey guys, anyone who is interested in the fat-boy sissy bar mod for their BO...I have one for sale in the classifieds:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...l#post15304107

Old 07-07-2016, 02:13 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke 13
I added fork extensions to my Roadstar Raider and they works great. I've been thinking about doing the same thing in my Breakout.
Keep in mind that the Breakout has 49 mm fork tubes (Wide Glide front end). I guess those standard Softail 41 mm won't fit...but as always I might be wrong

Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 AM
tphykitt
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke 13
Ill have to look those up! Thank you

[QUOTE=HKMark23;15303728]Have you considered a tank lift ? Its cheap and relatively easy to do. The mod would include apes, I assume, and there are various ways you can get the speedo to clear the tank, allowing for the lift.

Hmmm, i have not. Is the tank lift displayed in your picture? I don't want really high apes. Just a little more pull back.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:31 PM
jonfrapp
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Men i know your going to hate me for this. And i really mean no harm. To each their own.
And this might only be me. But to me i don't think any of these things should be done to a breakout. It's not that bike. I think it should be left stock looking. And i don't mean putting nice accessories on or anything like that. I'm talking about Apes, saddle bags, longer risers, different seats, racks, highways bars and pegs, etc etc. I think it looks perfect with the stock straight bars, stock seat. etc. So i'm not questioning anyone i'm just curious is this just me? Ad more so why would you buy a Breakout if you wanted that kind of stuff on it. If you want saddle bags why not get a street glide or something like that. and i really don't mean to insult anyone. I'm in the middle of deciding which bike to buy. There was one blue breakout I saw on this forum once that I thought was done up right(plus some of yours). I can't find it now though. But he had a problem with a sprocket or something I think. He put all the CVO components one and chromed his straight bars plus a bunch of other things. To me that's what a breakout is made to be. Am I nuts? Do I have bad taste maybe? Or do you guys think that bars and saddle bags look good on these things.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread