Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTuner
Can you post photos of the belt clearance and the swing-arm clearance? Looks great.
Yes, please post pictures of this. Agree looks nice, but what are those weird "bubbles" at the edge of the tire? I tried to post a picture to explain as an attachment, but have never done this before. Hope you can see it. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-tire-pic.jpg  
Old 04-22-2016, 08:41 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Having a slight bit of tuning issue with the 57h cams. quite a bit of spark knock logged on rear cylinder, upwards of 6 to 7 degrees, in the 3800-5000 range under higher kpa (80-100). I'm not sure yet if this is 'false knock' since the knock counts are only 1 at each event. usually when you have real knock in a specific area you'll see multiple counts logged. bike runs good though. more investigation needed.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by riknbeth
Yes, please post pictures of this. Agree looks nice, but what are those weird "bubbles" at the edge of the tire? I tried to post a picture to explain as an attachment, but have never done this before. Hope you can see it. Thanks.
Have posted those pics already...see my direct reply to the quoted post.

Naaa, there ain't no bubbles...only looks a tiny bit rougher, but it's all smooth and fine.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by riknbeth
those are not bubbles, that is just the transition area between worn tire surface (rougher) and untouched tire surface (smooth).

EagleRay is being a bit of a puss and not pushing it in the turns as hard as he should. LOL!!! (kidding EagleRay)

Old 04-22-2016, 08:47 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
those are not bubbles, that is just the transition area between worn tire surface (rougher) and untouched tire surface (smooth).
+1

EagleRay is being a bit of a puss and not pushing it in the turns as hard as he should. LOL!!! (kidding EagleRay)
LMAO.....That's probably it!!!

Old 04-22-2016, 09:04 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

^^ Well I'm sure you will have remedied that by end of riding season bud!

Old 04-22-2016, 09:25 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

EagleRay, looks outstanding. Just wondering because I just got my 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout and have 1100 miles on it and don't like the way the tire is wearing in the center and I do a lot of "twisties". Want to purchase a tire soon because I can see the tire worn out by the end of this riding season.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:39 AM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Have posted those pics already...see my direct reply to the quoted post.

Naaa, there ain't no bubbles...only looks a tiny bit rougher, but it's all smooth and fine.
Got it. Thanks.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:45 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SSTuner
EagleRay, looks outstanding. Just wondering because I just got my 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout and have 1100 miles on it and don't like the way the tire is wearing in the center and I do a lot of "twisties". Want to purchase a tire soon because I can see the tire worn out by the end of this riding season.
Yeah, the subject with those crappy stock tires on the Breakout has been discussed here on several threads.....just do some research and you'll find a lot of valuable info on tire brands and sizes the guys here use with their Breakouts. I would strongly recommend the Metzler ME880 for both rear and front.

In order to limit the amount of center wear on the stock rear tire I decided to run a pressure of 36psi that spread the wear area a little bit further to the sides. But the reduced psi combined with the overall poor shape of the stocker makes the bad impact on cornering even worse.

So I would recommend not to wait until the stock tire is worn down but to replace it ASAP. It's not only a matter of riding fun and handling but also a matter of safety!

The following users liked this post:
SSTuner (05-02-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 AM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Yeah, the subject with those crappy stock tires on the Breakout has been discussed here on several threads.....just do some research and you'll find a lot of valuable info on tire brands and sizes the guys here use with their Breakouts. I would strongly recommend the Metzler ME880 for both rear and front.

In order to limit the amount of center wear on the stock rear tire I decided to run a pressure of 36psi that spread the wear area a little bit further to the sides. But the reduced psi combined with the overall poor shape of the stocker makes the bad impact on cornering even worse.

So I would recommend not to wait until the stock tire is worn down but to replace it ASAP. It's not only a matter of riding fun and handling but also a matter of safety!
Eagleray. Got the pictures. Not sure how you got such high quality pics, but it is greatly appreciated. You guys are way way over my head on on these upgrades you are doing, I would never attempt anything like that. But it is fun reading about it. Cool stuff, well done! I feel like I need to upgrade my membership.....

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread