Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 04:14 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Well, finally had my custom risers delivered as well as my chromed coil cover. I'm really satisfied of the look!
Risers are CNC machined using stock ones as a sample but they have been slotted and they're 1" longer on the base. Really curious to have them installed. Coil cover is CNC machined as well and this chrome version is an experiment since they weren't originally produced by the maker.
Both parts have been machined by Tecnicad, a local maker with whom I'm planning to have other projects done. Will post better pics as soon as I'll have all the parts installed.
Those shiny parts look awesome! Can't wait to see them installed....especially the one of those covers that will go on my bike

Old 04-19-2016, 08:24 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Those shiny parts look awesome! Can't wait to see them installed....especially the one of those covers that will go on my bike
They should look cool on both our bikes...for sure better than the stock plastic hand grenade!

Old 04-19-2016, 09:24 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Well, finally had my custom risers delivered as well as my chromed coil cover. I'm really satisfied of the look!
Risers are CNC machined using stock ones as a sample but they have been slotted and they're 1" longer on the base. Really curious to have them installed. Coil cover is CNC machined as well and this chrome version is an experiment since they weren't originally produced by the maker.
Both parts have been machined by Tecnicad, a local maker with whom I'm planning to have other projects done. Will post better pics as soon as I'll have all the parts installed.
that's bad *** dude. you're the man for helping get some new parts made.
I want one of those coil covers in raw unfinished metal so I can wrap it in carbon fiber. can you see about hooking a brother up? also are they going to do black parts or maybe just raw metal so customer can paint / powdercoat?

Old 04-19-2016, 09:49 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Starting the cams install this morning- getting my two coffees down then taking the beast apart. will post up later.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
that's bad *** dude. you're the man for helping get some new parts made.
I want one of those coil covers in raw unfinished metal so I can wrap it in carbon fiber. can you see about hooking a brother up? also are they going to do black parts or maybe just raw metal so customer can paint / powdercoat?
Glad u like them, LA_Dog!
Yep, glad to be of help if needed. Tecnicad sells these covers in various types, polished metal, contrast cut, red...
Will ask for a quote for a brother if you wish but have to warn you they're a bit more expensive than casted ones since they're CNC machined.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:11 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks bud, very much appreciated. shoot me a PM when u can. you going to install those risers? will be nice to see how they look especially with the added 1".

Old 04-19-2016, 10:16 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Yep, looking forward to seeing the risers installed, still waiting to collect some parts to start a new session. 1" longer should be a reasonable increase to allow a higher pullback and a more comfortable riding position without having any cable length issue.
Which type of finish would u prefer on the coil? Polished? Black? Just to ask for a quote with shipping to US included...

Old 04-19-2016, 02:24 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

look ma - no cams!

pardon the ghetto carport install, could not make it out to the other house (and my nice shop area) this week. lifters replaced, bearings pulled, ready for new parts.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:25 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, looking forward to seeing the risers installed, still waiting to collect some parts to start a new session. 1" longer should be a reasonable increase to allow a higher pullback and a more comfortable riding position without having any cable length issue.
Which type of finish would u prefer on the coil? Polished? Black? Just to ask for a quote with shipping to US included...
no finish- just raw is fine if they can do that. thanks for checking!

Old 04-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Lindosan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
look ma - no cams!

pardon the ghetto carport install, could not make it out to the other house (and my nice shop area) this week. lifters replaced, bearings pulled, ready for new parts.

Which cams did you buy ?

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread