Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:43 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

got it- then there is probably some type of max pressure valve that starts to bleed off after a certain point. if you figure it out definitely post a new thread here on it. good luck!

Old 02-16-2016, 08:59 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

After you initially set the ride height and rebound how long are you holding the compression switch for to firm up the ride? It was a while before I found out they used smaller compressors on the abs bikes and mine was constantly soft no matter what I did. After I discovered this and talking to some folks on here I was told I wasn't running the compression side long enough to firm up the ride. You say it should take 17 seconds to get it maxed out. If my shocks are completely empty it takes mine a lot longer then 17 seconds just to get it to lift all the way up. After raising mine up then getting the ride height set where I want with the rebound switch I'll air the compression side up for at least a minute and I'm good. I can go longer than that and riding two up its hard as a rock.

Maybe try running the compression a little longer to see if that helps

Old 02-16-2016, 09:50 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
After you initially set the ride height and rebound how long are you holding the compression switch for to firm up the ride? It was a while before I found out they used smaller compressors on the abs bikes and mine was constantly soft no matter what I did. After I discovered this and talking to some folks on here I was told I wasn't running the compression side long enough to firm up the ride. You say it should take 17 seconds to get it maxed out. If my shocks are completely empty it takes mine a lot longer then 17 seconds just to get it to lift all the way up. After raising mine up then getting the ride height set where I want with the rebound switch I'll air the compression side up for at least a minute and I'm good. I can go longer than that and riding two up its hard as a rock.

Maybe try running the compression a little longer to see if that helps
After I set my rebound, I firm up the ride. You can hear the pitch of the compressor change as more pressure builds up. Eventually, I don't hear the pitch change anymore. I think at this point the compressor is maxxed out and will not increase the pressure. I never timed how long I've kept it on, but it was a pretty long time and it didn't get "hard as a rock". It's very spongy at best.

Hell, I ran the ride height all the way to the top last time we rode together jut to keep it off the hard stops. No rebound at all.

Not to be nosey, but when you ride 2up, how much is the total weight? Between the OL and I it's over 400lbs.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:54 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

hey you do realize that ShotgunShock's advertisement promo says "no bottoming out" as a feature. So you may want to hold them to that one

I'm still interested in what you come up with so good luck with it.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dam it's been a while since I've been on here. It took me about 30 minutes to read through all the new posts on this thread.

Just wanted to drop a few updated pictures of my bike. Got some powdercoating done and put a chromeglow rear fender light in.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-4.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-1.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-2.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-3.jpg  
Old 02-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Jimstang
Tourer

Originally Posted by 24v
I'm not going anywhere guys. I still have my bike for now, and the new bike won't be around for a while. You can't get rid of me that easy.
Someone is going to get a kick *** Breakout. Glad you'll still be around...you've definitely helped a lot of us out with sound advice.
I'll buy you a beer next time I'm back home in SD.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:31 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

^^ Your BO's looking sweet - good to see ya back. really like the powdercoated rails vs the chrome ones.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Jimstang
Tourer

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
^^ Your BO's looking sweet - good to see ya back. really like the powdercoated rails vs the chrome ones.
Thanks man!

Old 02-22-2016, 02:40 PM
david cerolini
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdonis
looks great! care to share the part #s and cable lengths
HI, can you say me where I can buy your plate holder? thanks

Old 02-23-2016, 10:40 AM
RanchDweller
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fender Removal

Can anyone let me know how the rear fender comes off of a '15 Breakout. I need to take the license plate light/holder off and install a blank light standoff. Thanks!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread