Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:14 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Indeed- Jim is one of the most level headed members here. Me not so much

Enjoy the new BO and let the mods begin

Old 02-10-2016, 12:25 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 289 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
stock HD tail lights don't have a reflector built into them as a side note- and the stock tail light housings are illegal technically by CA vehicle codes (tail / brake and turn signal lights are supposed to be physically separate bulbs) - although the vehicle codes don't entirely apply to motorbikes- e.g. turn signals not required here. so a bored cop can pull you over here even on a stock unmodified bike. depends on how they choose to interpret state vehicle codes. gotta love this wacky state.
Are you CEERTAIN that the taillights on Breakouts do not contain reflectors within the red lens cap? They are not always obvious when they are "integrated" well into the plastic. The easy test is this: Put the bike in a dark garage, and shine a flashlight at the taillight. If it reflects red, it does have a reflector built into the lens cap. If it does not, then yeah, you're technically illegal. Funny that HD would make such an error . . .

Jim G

Old 02-10-2016, 12:27 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Indeed- Jim is one of the most level headed members here. . . .
My wife would disagree! Her most common adjectives used in describing me include:
child
shallow
always wanting the best quality (and willing to pay for it even when it's not a good deal)

Jim G

Old 02-10-2016, 12:30 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

yep I'm sure- the only thing that reflects light back is coming from the inner chrome reflector inside the light bucket the stock red lenses are just clear red plastic. I've since moved on to smoked honeycomb lenses and super bright LED bulbs. even in the daytime full sun, you can't miss my tail lights. brake lights will cause temporary blindness. lol

Old 02-10-2016, 12:33 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
My wife would disagree! Her most common adjectives used in describing me include:
child
shallow
always wanting the best quality (and willing to pay for it even when it's not a good deal)

Jim G
ok- so pretty much just like the rest of us married guys who like expensive and quality toys. So what's the problem, exactly? lol

Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Mencho
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also got smoked lenses with custom dynamic LED. Incredible bright!

Old 02-12-2016, 07:48 AM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
child
shallow

Jim G
Jim I am sure you left out a couple of adjectives your wife references you with, but I am also sure you can't write them here...Lol...

Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 AM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by psdj52
Jim I am sure you left out a couple of adjectives your wife references you with, but I am also sure you can't write them here...Lol...
Yes! For example

- "You Fool" (When I have done something that shows how little I really know about women even after being married 41 years)

- "Dog" (When I have done something she dislikes)

- "Pig" (When I have done something REALLY bad)

- "What did you buy today?" (Each time I visit the local Harley-Davidson dealership)

The Fool, Dog, Pig hierarchy lets me know immediately how serious my current transgression is. That is helpful.

Bear in mind that buying the Breakout was NOT my idea - It was my wife's. She actually INSISTED that buying a used Victory Arlen Ness edition bike at a very attractive price (less than 1/3 the cost of my Breakout) in a private sale purchase was a bad idea, as I never "have fun" at the Victory dealership, but "always enjoy yourself at Cowboy Harley". Naturally, I "gave in".

Jim G

Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Tim Hinerman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My name is Tim I'm from Cincinnati and own a 2014 breakout cvo hope to get lots of information off this forum

[I]2014 cvo breakout Will post upgrades and more pictures

Old 02-12-2016, 11:19 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome Tim- Really sweet ride there brother. Definitely lots of good info here and lots of sharp members.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread