Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 06:30 PM
"Tex"
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
...and your first post to boot- great way to start off brother.

That is an amazing work of art you created there- I normally dislike large front fairings on the Breakout but you just did something that actually looks bad ***. and well coordinated. love the solo bag

Have you thought about doing the rear fender struts and pipes in black?

Thanks for sharing your scoot and welcome-
Thanks LA Dog appreciated. I love this fairing, it's such a nice highway ride with any distance and with the trigger locks it's really 20 seconds no tools required to take it off. Looked at doing the pipes but I may actually do more engraving on them in the future.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:33 PM
"Tex"
6th Gear

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Tex, welcome to the Forums! What an awesome piece of artwork you've got there....congrats! Only thing that I'm concerned about is, it's rather to be on display in a showroom 'cause it's to good to be taken out on the street....
Thanks EAGLE RAY appreciated. I do spend the winters showing it because it's just cold up here and I get that comment a lot. Ran 10k first season. I had an idea and went for it and I love the way it turned out but at the end of the day I bought it to ride...

Old 01-26-2016, 06:34 PM
"Tex"
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
@tex love the tooled leather!...great workmanship
Thanks Da-Rza appreciated man. Google xianleather and check out Christians work. It will seriously blow your mind.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:35 PM
"Tex"
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Downright Inspirational !! Great job Tex !!
Thanks HKMark23 appreciated man.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:38 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by "Tex"
I've been wanting to share this for awhile.

The "Outlaw"
2014 HD Breakout, Custom Paint by Dale Lawrence @ Uncle D's Airbrushing, SE Stage IV Pro Upgrade, SE Oil Pump and Plate Upgrade, Roland Sands Turbine Air Breather, VH Big Radius Pipes, Custom Leather by Christian Marsh @ Xian Leather, Custom Engraving by Heather New @ Newline Engraving, HD Edge Cut Grips/Pegs, LED Lighting Front to Back (HD Daymaker, Signals in Mirrors, Heartland Brakelight), Figure Engineering LED Lit side Tag Mount, Quick Detach Batwing Fairing by Memphis Shades, Chin Fairing Crossfire by Thunderbike, Tire Upgrade Parelli Night Dragons.....

Thoughts?
Looks really cool! So much fun to look at and see all the interesting details you have added.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:41 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Tex - Thanks for the leatherwork source- That will be beneficial to many, hard to find a good place for anything custom. It's obvious they do nice work-

Old 01-26-2016, 06:43 PM
"Tex"
6th Gear

Hey LA Dog I just switched to the Night Dragons how do you like them?

Also the only other mod I'm seriously playing with is shotgun shocks. Anyone have any experience with them both install, performance and after service?

Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Tex I love the Night Dragons. Best tire at any price I've found and I'm real picky about tires in general. One of the other members here, JimG, turned me on to them after he did some in depth research on tires. The Pirellis' are also extremely light compared to other tires so there is less rotational mass out back now.

And the 120/70 front is much better suited to handling, gets rid of the turn flop. Anyway throw some miles on them I think you'll be happy all around.

Don't know anything about the shotgun shocks other than everyone who has them seems to really like them. I have the progressive 422's and they don't ride so well when lowered, it's ok one up but two up it's a bit dicey.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:57 PM
"Tex"
6th Gear

Thanks for the info on that. We don't exactly have the worlds smoothest roads up here and I'm looking forward to trying those dragons out. Only other question is any experience with diamond cut heads?

And I love those rims LA Dog...killer man.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:13 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Diamond cut heads- they look cool, expensive to have done, a little bit of a hassle to wipe down since things snag on them. It's really more of a design choice than anything.

We have some really crappy roads here in So Cal. The ND tires work remarkably well. But the one single thing IMO that will have you floating over the bumps better is redoing the fork springs and dampers. it's a significant improvement on braking, ride quality and handling vs stock. Not a pricey or difficult endeavor either.

love my rims - hated the price tag! ;p

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread