Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 10:56 PM
DCR02
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Welcome to the forum! whatever you do, DO NOT lower the bike all around or you will really lose all of your cornering clearance. As it is, the front fork suspension is extra-mushy and you lose 2" of height just braking into a turn.

You can do a majority of adjustment with having the seat revised- Go to a good seat shop and have them re-fit the seat for your needs. the rest of it can be adjusted with bars that sweep back a bit more, if needed. I think the CVO bars / riser will give you a closer reach.
Thanks LA Dog will leave height as stock. Appreciate your feedback.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

A lot of my buddies own Harleys. Some I see regularly and some I see every once in awhile. When I tell them I bought a Harley this year they ask what did I get. When I tell them a Softail Breakout they don't know what I'm talking about. Funny, out of the last 10 or 12 people I told not one of them ever heard of the Breakout. They love the bike when I show it to them. Or when I have gone on rides everybody checks it out because it's different. I'm glad I got it. I hear that they sell them quick out of the dealers but I don't see to many around town.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Smithyworld
Stage I
Default Just saying hi

Hey all

Just thought I would say hi from Aus. Recently purchase a 2016 Breakout and love it to bits. Have gone with the Vance and Hines 2 into 2 Big Radius and the screaming Eagle Pod filter. Have since changed grips, pegs and mirrors. There are some nice looking bike here! You guys are going to cost me a lot of money in mods! 😆

Couple of pics from a photos shoot I did recently of the bike.

Cheers
Chris

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-2518csp20151107.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-2543csp20151107.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-2527csp20151107.jpg  
Old 11-17-2015, 06:43 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Smithyworld
Hey all

Just thought I would say hi from Aus. Recently purchase a 2016 Breakout and love it to bits. Have gone with the Vance and Hines 2 into 2 Big Radius and the screaming Eagle Pod filter. Have since changed grips, pegs and mirrors. There are some nice looking bike here! You guys are going to cost me a lot of money in mods! 😆

Couple of pics from a photos shoot I did recently of the bike.

Cheers
Chris

Very nice pics!! Lovely!!

Old 11-18-2015, 04:12 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
Very nice pics!! Lovely!!
...and bike looks nice, too

Old 11-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Love that kind of "sissy bar" with built in air bags...unfortunately my wife wouldn't allow me to have one on my BO...can't really understand why...
Nice bike too!

Old 11-18-2015, 05:33 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Love that kind of "sissy bar" with built in air bags...unfortunately my wife wouldn't allow me to have one on my BO...can't really understand why...
Nice bike too!
Yep, Magazine ads always feature hot new bikes by picturing em dripping in "Cheesecake". Then you get to the Dealer and,, "nada" !

Old 11-18-2015, 06:22 AM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 250 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Yep, Magazine ads always feature hot new bikes by picturing em dripping in "Cheesecake". Then you get to the Dealer and,, "nada" !
For you younger guys, using gorgoeus girls in motorcycle ads began in earnest with the BSA Lighting and Norton Commando ads of the late 1960s.

The classic BSA ad was the one with the scantily clad tough looking girl with the cane standing in front of a BSA Lightning, and saying something like "120 mph out of the box. THAT's performance."

In the Norton Commando ads, the gal always sat on the bike and just looked provocative!

After my college roommate and I, both of whom were motorcyclists, saw the Norton ads, we suddenly really we really needed one of those (bikes)!

Jim G

Old 11-18-2015, 07:14 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalt10
A lot of my buddies own Harleys. Some I see regularly and some I see every once in awhile. When I tell them I bought a Harley this year they ask what did I get. When I tell them a Softail Breakout they don't know what I'm talking about. Funny, out of the last 10 or 12 people I told not one of them ever heard of the Breakout. They love the bike when I show it to them. Or when I have gone on rides everybody checks it out because it's different. I'm glad I got it. I hear that they sell them quick out of the dealers but I don't see to many around town.
They sell them quick because most dealers only keep a couple in stock.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:04 PM
JAX-HD-Rider
Advanced

Originally Posted by EagleRay
...and bike looks nice, too

What bike? Oh my...

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread