Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Hi jackjr! Just wanna ask...what did you use to mount the solo bag to your swingarm. Leather straps, zipties or a mounting system like the bobber bracket by deadcreekcycles?
Currently I'm using the straps that came with the solo bag. I haven't put a lot of effort into finding a better solution, but at some point I'll probably go with a hard mount like the deadcreekcycles.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
sparky1075
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackjr
I know at least one of you guys have painted the ignition assembly (grenade mount). I've got it pulled back off again to install my new 50mm throttle body and FuelMoto PV2 and AT- Pro. I want to paint it before it goes back on but it doesn't look like the grenade comes apart from the mount. Am I missing something? I un-did the bolt at the bottom but it still feels like it's all one unit.
jackjr you have to remove the bolt at the bottom, remove the set screw from the ignition switch **** and finally use the ignition switch spanner wrench to remove the switch nut. The wrench is HD-48904 if you plan on getting one. Not sure what others might have used to remove it.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Lindosan
Cruiser

Currently I'm using the straps that came with the solo bag. I haven't put a lot of effort into finding a better solution, but at some point I'll probably go with a hard mount like the deadcreekcycles.
I use the Dead Creek mount with leatherworks bag and it works great.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by sparky1075
jackjr you have to remove the bolt at the bottom, remove the set screw from the ignition switch **** and finally use the ignition switch spanner wrench to remove the switch nut. The wrench is HD-48904 if you plan on getting one. Not sure what others might have used to remove it.
Excellent, thank you. I knew I was missing something!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:09 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lindosan
I use the Dead Creek mount with leatherworks bag and it works great.
Just curious, with that mount, how much space is there between the bag and your swingarm?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:33 PM
wickedweasel13
6th Gear
Default 2014 Breakout Instrument Backlight

according to research you can change the colors , anyone know how this is done ? it isn't covered in the owners manual

Old 03-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Lindosan
Cruiser

Just curious, with that mount, how much space is there between the bag and your swingarm?
I can measure later, but take a look on my photos.......

If you dont use the Dead Creek spacers you can get it closer to the swing arm, but for me it works fine.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by wickedweasel13
according to research you can change the colors , anyone know how this is done ? it isn't covered in the owners manual
No, that's not correct - at least according to my Breakout owner's manual.

The replacement combination Tach with LCD digital speedometer, which I also have on my Breakout, DOES have that color change feature. There are 600 different shades theoretically, as you can dial up any color number from 001 to 600 I believe.

However, the manual for it warns you that the best visibility in bright sunlight is with the black and white scheme it come set to from its factory.

Jim G

Old 03-13-2014, 09:38 PM
wickedweasel13
6th Gear
Default changing colors on Breakout

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
No, that's not correct - at least according to my Breakout owner's manual.

The replacement combination Tach with LCD digital speedometer, which I also have on my Breakout, DOES have that color change feature. There are 600 different shades theoretically, as you can dial up any color number from 001 to 600 I believe.

However, the manual for it warns you that the best visibility in bright sunlight is with the black and white scheme it come set to from its factory.

Jim G
My owners manuel doesn't mention color change option on factory speedo , even thou I've read quite a few articles about it, just wondering how to do it

Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by wickedweasel13
My owners manuel doesn't mention color change option on factory speedo , even thou I've read quite a few articles about it, just wondering how to do it
Again let me clarify: The stock factory speedometer on the Breakout does NOT have that color change feature.

The available tach-speedo does, but you have to buy that and replace your stock speedo with it.

I have not checked, but I suppose it is possible that the CVO version (only) of the Breakout has that feature???

Jim G

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread