Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 11:24 AM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Everything Breakout Thread

My new badass machine has arrived. Shame it's chucking it down!!! Added screaming eagle filter and cover. Looks awesome!!! Love the paintwork!!!

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-photo701.jpg  
Old 07-24-2015, 12:21 PM
financeman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Yeh but isn't "Tune" and "Dealership" an oxymoron? LOL
LOL, now that is funny. Whats sad is even the ones with dynos and the capabilities to really tune these bikes dont because they are afraid to. I think most of them send the bikes out with very very very safe tunes

Old 07-24-2015, 05:42 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by financeman
LOL, now that is funny. Whats sad is even the ones with dynos and the capabilities to really tune these bikes dont because they are afraid to. I think most of them send the bikes out with very very very safe tunes
Harley technicians cannot do anything outside the realm of "EPA" or "CARB" approved in regards to tuning. so anything they put on the bike, stage1 tune or otherwise, will be pretty tame.

As to dyno shops, unfortunately there are a lot of "dyno tuners" but NOT many "dyno operators"- the latter being the knowledgeable tuner who knows how to tune the bike on the dyno rather than just revving the **** out of the bike and then punching in tune parameters based solely on what the dyno display tells him. not only that- some shops only have a single crusty O2 sniffer stuck up one of the tail pipes for reading AFR. that's not going to cut it.

So I am FINALLY working on getting the new PM back wheel installed- here's a pic of my casual removal and swapping the pulley / brake rotor onto the new wheel. Tomorrow I will go down to Glendale Harley and have them swap the tire onto it from the stock wheel. Man this PM wheel weighs half of the stock wheel. Talk about losing some serious rotational mass (Jim G you out there ?!?).

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-rw0.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-14-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So I am FINALLY working on getting the new PM back wheel installed- here's a pic of my casual removal and swapping the pulley / brake rotor onto the new wheel. Tomorrow I will go down to Glendale Harley and have them swap the tire onto it from the stock wheel. Man this PM wheel weighs half of the stock wheel. Talk about losing some serious rotational mass (Jim G you out there ?!?).
Finally!!!!

Dude, that's gonna make such a difference when you get it on !!
I can't wait to see it.

The lighter wheel is gonna feel nice with that change in gearing you did.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:40 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Finally!!!!

Dude, that's gonna make such a difference when you get it on !!
I can't wait to see it.

The lighter wheel is gonna feel nice with that change in gearing you did.
Yeh I'm guessing it should make a slight diff on accel / braking. Although I really hope this wheel fits properly with the use of stock pulley-side spacer, one of their provided custom spacers that goes between wheel and caliper arm, and the final thin spacer between caliper arm and swingarm. I think it's kinda cheap-*** that they don't just give you a black matching full set of spacers. I had to paint the stock wide spacer black so it does not look all nasty with this fresh wheel. the front wheel came complete with matching spacers.

I'm slightly concerned because the hub fitment for the brake rotor and pulley were a bit sloppy. the pulley at least has self-centering bolts but the rotor side is supposed to center off the hub lip with an air tight fit. their hub rim was slightly smaller and i had to "center by feel" before torquing down the rotor bolts. that's not cool because you want a perfectly centered rotor, not even a half mm off.. you pay this much for a wheel you expect no less than perfect.

anyway will update tomorrow with outcome, and hopefully some pics

Last edited by LA_Dog; 07-24-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkFXSTC
My new badass machine has arrived. Shame it's chucking it down!!! Added screaming eagle filter and cover. Looks awesome!!! Love the paintwork!!!
Nice bike! I like the color.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:53 PM
financeman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait to see it all together. I bet is going to look sick!!!!
Hopefully it all fits together perfect and u have no issues buddy.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:27 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm surprised to hear about the fitment issue with the rotor. PM is phenomenal quality. You didn't get the matching rotor and pulley I assume.

Yeh I'm guessing it should make a slight diff on accel / braking. Although I really hope this wheel fits properly with the use of stock pulley-side spacer, one of their provided custom spacers that goes between wheel and caliper arm, and the final thin spacer between caliper arm and swingarm. I think it's kinda cheap-*** that they don't just give you a black matching full set of spacers. I had to paint the stock wide spacer black so it does not look all nasty with this fresh wheel. the front wheel came complete with matching spacers.

I'm slightly concerned because the hub fitment for the brake rotor and pulley were a bit sloppy. the pulley at least has self-centering bolts but the rotor side is supposed to center off the hub lip with an air tight fit. their hub rim was slightly smaller and i had to "center by feel" before torquing down the rotor bolts. that's not cool because you want a perfectly centered rotor, not even a half mm off.. you pay this much for a wheel you expect no less than perfect.

anyway will update tomorrow with outcome, and hopefully some pics

Old 07-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

one of the best mods ever to sport bikes...better handling,braking,acceleration ...have two sets of bst carbon fiber wheels on my ducs...-18 lbs total in rotating mass!!!...im sure it will make your bo l
feel like you just added 15hp

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-i-phone-riz-104.jpg  
Old 07-25-2015, 02:51 AM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Everything Breakout Thread

Originally Posted by Dalt10
Nice bike! I like the color.
Thanks. It's the colour to have if your torn between the vivid black and pearl. It looks different depending on how the light catches it.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread