Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumminspwrd
Thanks man, I appreciate it! I was wondering, I didn't know any better at the time but I have a SE street tuner on mine but after some reading seems like it's not even worth having? What's my best option for tuning. I eventually wanna get on the dyno for some before #s so when I do other work have a good base #.
Well, short of getting super crazy with a complete replacement performance ECM from say Dynatec, I'd probably suggest the Dynojet Powervision PV2. It is the simplest one to use out of the box and still lets you tinker with all of the available ECM parameters / tables. For example, the SE tuner does not let you change the Speedometer Calibration setting if you swap to the larger belt pulleys. Plus there are a lot of folks here on the forum with decent knowledge of using and tuning with the PV2. I'd say it is an excellent beginner to semi-advanced tuning product and priced fairly.

I really hope Dynojet comes out with the "Target Tune" add-on for the PV2 - that will be the cat's ***** if it does what is claimed and will further enhance the PV2 as a good tuning unit- the Target Tune module will allow full wide band O2 tuning for specific target AFR's as well as WB O2 engine operation.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

CalBear, the bike looks good man. I'm with Dog, the headlight bucket seems disproportioned to the rest of the front end. I think a 7 inch light is too big man. 5 3/4 bucket would fit the bill nicely.

Bike still looks phenomenal dude.

And Dog, wassup with that rear wheel dude !?

Old 07-22-2015, 06:38 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

well now that the mad rush at the dealerships for Sturgis is at an end, I can probably schedule some time this next week to have it installed. Hopefully soon!

PB looks like you got most all of your build issues sorted out eh? really nice that other members here are willing to go out of their way to help.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Cumminspwrd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Well, short of getting super crazy with a complete replacement performance ECM from say Dynatec, I'd probably suggest the Dynojet Powervision PV2. It is the simplest one to use out of the box and still lets you tinker with all of the available ECM parameters / tables. For example, the SE tuner does not let you change the Speedometer Calibration setting if you swap to the larger belt pulleys. Plus there are a lot of folks here on the forum with decent knowledge of using and tuning with the PV2. I'd say it is an excellent beginner to semi-advanced tuning product and priced fairly.

I really hope Dynojet comes out with the "Target Tune" add-on for the PV2 - that will be the cat's ***** if it does what is claimed and will further enhance the PV2 as a good tuning unit- the Target Tune module will allow full wide band O2 tuning for specific target AFR's as well as WB O2 engine operation.
Great thanks man, excuse my ignorance but ive been looking at them and have not seem anyone label anything with a "2" after it, usually just called Power Vision. is the "2" the auto tune function?

Also if I take this to get dyno tuned, are most tuners going to be using this software to tune as well?

Thanks

Old 07-23-2015, 01:50 PM
CalBear96
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bucket actually does not look that big in person. The issue is the mount sticks it forward. I am looking for one that will tuck it back in the trees nicely. Somebody else on here has the 7" and it is tucked in and looks great. I think the 5 3/4" looks too small on the bike. I didn't like the look of it. Once I find the right mount it will look better.

And Dog, I did lose about 15mpg with that tune!! But do I really care? Not a bit.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

I think ur right about the mount.

Mine curves and brings it back in.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:38 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Great thanks man, excuse my ignorance but ive been looking at them and have not seem anyone label anything with a "2" after it, usually just called Power Vision. is the "2" the auto tune function?

Also if I take this to get dyno tuned, are most tuners going to be using this software to tune as well?

Thanks
There is a pv2. It's the one for 2007 to 2015 bikes I believe. Yes, Most any real dyno shop will be familiar. Most dealerships probably don't want to tune with anything but the screaming eagle stuff.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

Thanks
Cummins,

The best place to get one is Fuel Moto. They double your warranty and give you a mount. They also provide unmatched support. Very good value.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-19...REAKOUT%20FXSB

Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree on the mount for the light probably fixing the issue. After looking at it and seeing that other picture someone else posted the 7 inch bucket doesn't look to big at all on the bike

Old 07-24-2015, 07:59 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cdonis
There is a pv2. It's the one for 2007 to 2015 bikes I believe. Yes, Most any real dyno shop will be familiar. Most dealerships probably don't want to tune with anything but the screaming eagle stuff.

Yeh but isn't "Tune" and "Dealership" an oxymoron? LOL

Cummins -
I bought my PV2 from a dealership got it for $420. But- NO SUPPORT. Trying to get helpful advice and tune files from Dynojet was (I hate to say it), a joke. How can a mfr make such a decent product but have lame support and not so good product instructions. You contact them to ask any advanced tuning questions and you'll get AIR.

It seems back in the days of the Power Commander they were really into supporting that product and good tune files for bikes (look at the powercommander.com website and the tune file repository). Now if you look at the "canned" tunes provided by Dynojet for the new PV2 they are virtually all the same tunes, regardless of the title of the tune. pretty lame.

FuelMoto and Jamie do a good job with actually providing decent support and making individual tune files for buyers.

CalBear- yeh with the longer more recessed mount I see now that the bigger bucket looks pretty good.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-14-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread