Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Roadstrdude
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by asputin
Looks really nice! I thought all cvo's had abs though...what did you do with the stock risers?
thanks...! they are in a box with about 4 other sets of risers that I experimented with... before I ended up with going with a set of stock BO risers... only way I could get the cruse control housing to clear the tank with the new bars....

Old 07-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Roadstrdude
Advanced

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Looks very nice, very well done. hell that is how the CVO shoulda come to begin with. hah.

I would like more info on your ignition switch setup- I saw you have two buttons there. Can you share specifics?
thank you.... there is no ignition switch on the CVO's.... only the on off switch on the bars.... without the fob... ignition will not engage... the two switches under the tank are for the height and rebound damping for the shotgun air ride.... I moved the horn to the front of the bike to clean up that side of the bike... and I agree... HD should have did a black line version of the BO.... so... I decided to do one for myself...

Old 07-18-2015, 11:58 PM
Roadstrdude
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alain
Roads that thing is phenomenal !!!!

What rotors are those?
And what headlight set up is that?

Love the passenger pegs and what you did with the oil lines.

What are those two switches under the tank? Air ride?
thank you... the rotors are from Lyndall Brakes...Black composite rotors... on the oil lines... I covered them with a carbon fiber sleeve... and used a high temp resin to finish... yelp.. switches under the tank for for the Shotgun air ride... oh.. the headlight is stock CVO... with an added HD trim ring... all PC satin black...

Old 07-19-2015, 12:04 AM
Roadstrdude
Advanced

Originally Posted by NSR
Wow - really good looking!

What mirrors are those?

Brake rotors?
thanks...! mirrors are ordered form Thunderbike Germany... I like the fact that they are fully adjustable... Rotors are from Lyndall Brakes... black composite rotors with 3M pads...

Old 07-19-2015, 12:10 AM
sothai
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadstrdude
thanks...! they are in a box with about 4 other sets of risers that I experimented with... before I ended up with going with a set of stock BO risers... only way I could get the cruse control housing to clear the tank with the new bars....
Great looking setup you have there!

I'd be interested in the CVO risers if you are selling them?

Old 07-19-2015, 12:31 AM
Roadstrdude
Advanced
Default Chin Spoiler... on the CVO...

Scrolling through... I noticed several people asking about the front spoiler.... its HD part number 57039-08BDK (primed)... I was going to have it painted... but after we did the initial install.... I left it as is... I like the satin black.. so left it as is... went with the HD unit... cause I wanted to flow air over the regulator...(cause they will heat up...) and yes... it will fit... but it does take a little finagling ... and a lot of patients... overall ... I liked the end results....

Old 07-19-2015, 12:54 AM
Roadstrdude
Advanced

Originally Posted by sothai
Great looking setup you have there!

I'd be interested in the CVO risers if you are selling them?
got it... I got to pull all the spares out and make a list of all the "stuff" I tired and didn't use.. lots of CVO chrome parts...and some that I had PC black...

you will have to change out the housing for the speedometer/tachometer unit...as the CVO risers mount to the speedo housing differently....

Old 07-19-2015, 01:02 AM
sothai
Tourer

Originally Posted by Roadstrdude
got it... I got to pull all the spares out and make a list of all the "stuff" I tired and didn't use.. lots of CVO chrome parts...and some that I had PC black...

you will have to change out the housing for the speedometer/tachometer unit...as the CVO risers mount to the speedo housing differently....
OK, well if you'd like to sell the housing as well, PM me and let's do a deal. I'm in Thailand, btw, but have mates Stateside that you could post to. ��

Old 07-19-2015, 01:04 AM
sothai
Tourer

Quick question:

The CVO risers being shorter, how come the speedo doesn't hit the tank?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:53 AM

I'm also looking for a CVO riser for a ape project, let me know if this is still out there. PM me as well.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread