Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:25 AM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by helgi33
I wouldnt be surpriced if my list isnt complete as I installed Barnett Scorpion Lockup Clutch assy - Hydraulic version in mine.. so all extra bits for the clutch assy were then included in my package.. I guess you need to compare the parts list of the clutch assy for cable to the hydraulic and check which parts are different...
have you had good luck with barnett clutch packs?...ive used them years ago on many harley builds and never an issue but not to long ago i went with barnett on a air cooled twin ducati of mine and within 400 miles it was screching,bein grabby and horrible engagment.on top of that it was grinding through the last flat plate as well....checked stack height and everything and still did it....put a new evr race pak in and wala just quiet and great performing at the same stack height as before.it is a dry clutch with a slipper kit but never had the problem with any other brand of plates....just wondering if that carries over to the harley world now?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:22 AM
helgi33
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
have you had good luck with barnett clutch packs?...ive used them years ago on many harley builds and never an issue but not to long ago i went with barnett on a air cooled twin ducati of mine and within 400 miles it was screching,bein grabby and horrible engagment.on top of that it was grinding through the last flat plate as well....checked stack height and everything and still did it....put a new evr race pak in and wala just quiet and great performing at the same stack height as before.it is a dry clutch with a slipper kit but never had the problem with any other brand of plates....just wondering if that carries over to the harley world now?
I did encounter some problems in the beginning.. making terrible screechy noice when engaging the clutch in first gear from standstill only.. I contacted Barnett and they told me it happened every now and then and solution was to properly soak the fiber plates and sand the surface a litle with sandpaper.. and then use ATF fluid on the primary drive.. I did all of this and used Fully Synthetic ATF and all went perfect....

Now I need to see how it will work with the Supercharger installed .. as it is now giving 160RWHP and 146ftlbs of Torque.. should get my bike back next week from the shop...

Old 07-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by helgi33
I did encounter some problems in the beginning.. making terrible screechy noice when engaging the clutch in first gear from standstill only.. I contacted Barnett and they told me it happened every now and then and solution was to properly soak the fiber plates and sand the surface a litle with sandpaper.. and then use ATF fluid on the primary drive.. I did all of this and used Fully Synthetic ATF and all went perfect....

Now I need to see how it will work with the Supercharger installed .. as it is now giving 160RWHP and 146ftlbs of Torque.. should get my bike back next week from the shop...
intresting indeed..thats exactly what mine was doin..but my ducati clutch is dry so i didnt have that option to soak...well like i said before it worked fine with my 200hp duc..but i did have just the plate kit with cnc racing slipper hub assembly...just made that horrible noise and grabby on takeoffs...and forget about doin launch starts!...my bike is track only so i have to launch...well good luck

Old 07-15-2015, 08:22 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by asputin
these are mounted right to the struts.no angle.

Aren't those the short standoffs in there? H-D part number 67800223? That is the part that all domestic BO's are built with - on the left side. I recall ordering another one to use on the right side when I relocated my plate - to make it match the newly-shortened left side. Or am I mis-remembering what I did?? lol...wouldn't be the first time...

Old 07-15-2015, 08:50 PM
financeman
Advanced

Originally Posted by NSR
Aren't those the short standoffs in there? H-D part number 67800223? That is the part that all domestic BO's are built with - on the left side. I recall ordering another one to use on the right side when I relocated my plate - to make it match the newly-shortened left side. Or am I mis-remembering what I did?? lol...wouldn't be the first time...
I tried to take mine apart again and bolt it straight up to the strut on my 14 breakout but it wouldnt line up without angeling out. Maybe they changed from 13 to 14 or maybe i am doing something wrong. Wouldnt be the first time. Lol
Either way, i have the short piece coming so they match.
24V, could you explain how you got it to bolt straight up. I would like to have no spacer but i couldnt figure it out on mine. I am blonde

Old 07-16-2015, 12:14 AM
asputin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Yes,I got the short stem for the right side.I guess I should have said that.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-2015-07-16-00.02.36.jpg  
Old 07-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

does anybody know what chin spoiler that is on roadstrdudes cvo?...is that the chrome one on hd site for $369.00?....says on site that it doesnt fir breakout but looks like it may...?

Old 07-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Dunno for sure but guess it is. It's the second CVO BO I see with that spoiler.

Last edited by Nostradamus74; 07-17-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:44 PM
financeman
Advanced

Another couple mods done. The back has been dropped 2 inches and the pegs, shifter, and brake pad match the grips. Still a long way to go to get it where i want but I am happy with the progress.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-round-1-1.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-round-1-2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2015, 03:26 PM
harleymf
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by financeman
Another couple mods done. The back has been dropped 2 inches and the pegs, shifter, and brake pad match the grips. Still a long way to go to get it where i want but I am happy with the progress.
How were the grips to change out? Difficult? I have a set of Bursts to put on.
Thx!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread