Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadstrdude

where did you get that chin spoiler? awesome build btw

Old 07-14-2015, 08:41 AM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

drool

Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM
helgi33
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO Hydraulic Clutch

Originally Posted by notch.johnson
After further digging I realized that CVO is using a different clutch (SE Assist & Slip Clutch, p/n 37000026). The question is if it is possible to use hydraulic actuator with FXSB standard clutch or if the whole clutch has to be replaced. Anybody can confirm?
Hi
I have done this CVO Hydraulic Clutch Upgrade on my 2013 Breakout..
I also upgraded my clutch assy to Barnett Scorpion Lock Up Clutch assy at the same time. I did though still use the original clutch basket so cant say if you can use the conversion straight on standard Breakout clutch assy..

My main reason for going hydraulic was to handle the Heavy Duty Barnett clutch as might have been bit heavy for the cable setup..

The only downside for me is the operation range of the lever.. the lever will fully engage the clutch in the first mayb 15% of the travel of the lever... am now looking for adjustable Clutch lever to get better control ..

Last edited by helgi33; 07-14-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:30 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
I just noticed the oil filter on it looks really interesting.
It's a KP Engineering billet oil filter. I have one on my 107 Evo and love it. the inside filter is stainless mesh and easy to remove / clean. plus it has a magnet inside as well for grabbing any fine metal particles. This reminded me I need to get one for the BO..

Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by helgi33

Hi
I also upgraded my clutch assy to Barnett Scorpion Lock Up Clutch assy at the same time. I did though still use the original clutch basket so cant say if you can use the conversion straight on standard Breakout clutch assy..

My main reason for going hydraulic was to handle the Heavy Duty Barnett clutch as might have been bit heavy for the cable setup..

The only downside for me is the operation range of the lever.. the lever will fully engage the clutch in the first mayb 15% of the travel of the lever... am now looking for adjustable Clutch lever to get better control ..
Thanks for posting the info and parts- this will definitely be of help to others looking to make this conversion.

I've heard similar comments about the travel issue with a hydro clutch (typically either in or out, not much feather range). I prefer the feel of the cable clutch and ability to slip it as needed, just suits my riding better. On my 107 Evo I have brutal heavy clutch springs and am using the variable pressure clutch setup. the lever feels about the same as stock but it grabs well. I'd probably go the variable pressure route on the Breakout too if I at some point need a heavier clutch.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
notch.johnson
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CVO Hydraulic Clutch

Originally Posted by helgi33
Hi
Thank you for the parts list and your experience. I checked the list and there are only minor differences between 2013 and 2014 parts. I am in the middle of this conversion using standard FXSB 2014 clutch assy. I suppose at least CVO release plate is needed in addition to your list. If it doesn't work, I would replace the clutch too.

I will post the result

Old 07-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
It's a KP Engineering billet oil filter. I have one on my 107 Evo and love it. the inside filter is stainless mesh and easy to remove / clean. plus it has a magnet inside as well for grabbing any fine metal particles. This reminded me I need to get one for the BO..
Thanks dog.
What's up with the rear wheel?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:21 PM
fake
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadstrdude

Your BO is the best looking one I have seen! I love it. Excelent work sir!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:24 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumminspwrd
If you bolt the lights right to the strut does it turn the lights outward on a angle. Any pics? Thanks!
Nope, they still face straight back.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:08 AM
helgi33
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by notch.johnson
Thank you for the parts list and your experience. I checked the list and there are only minor differences between 2013 and 2014 parts. I am in the middle of this conversion using standard FXSB 2014 clutch assy. I suppose at least CVO release plate is needed in addition to your list. If it doesn't work, I would replace the clutch too.

I will post the result
I wouldnt be surpriced if my list isnt complete as I installed Barnett Scorpion Lockup Clutch assy - Hydraulic version in mine.. so all extra bits for the clutch assy were then included in my package.. I guess you need to compare the parts list of the clutch assy for cable to the hydraulic and check which parts are different...

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread