Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
You're looking at the filter cover not the actual air filter. It could be an Arlen Ness Big Sucker setup that uses the stock cover. I had one on my Nightster and it flowed a ton of air and still used the football cover.
yes, I did the same with a fuel Moto stage 1,k and n filter,......it deletes the plastic backing plate portion. Bolt the football back on open on with the back side open.. Works just fine. I've since changed it but with no noticable difference.

Last edited by cdonis; 06-16-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Same here. I had the stock cover on my Vance & Hines V02 until I bought a different one.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Cumminspwrd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Put my wheels back on today with the 250 rear tire.

I know this is a super old pic but damn your bike is sexy!, Ive read thru most of this thread but what/how much is your rear lowered? and also I know its the dakota speedo but do you have a part # for it and did you powder that riser pieces and where the gear selector lights are??
Thanks man! Picking up my 15' breakout next week!

Old 06-17-2015, 01:06 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumminspwrd
...also I know its the dakota speedo but do you have a part # for it ...
Do yourself a favor and DON'T get a Dakota 3" speedo. Their Breakout version is a joke compared to the HD digital you can get for almost the same price. Here's comparison. The first is the Dakota (you can get red or blue, period). The second is the HD digital (you can change the colors to suit your taste). The third is Dakota's multicolor model for Harleys that use the larger 4.5" speedo - That one is nice looking, but it won't fit the Breakout( 3-3/8"). For about the same price, which one would you choose? (You can tell which one I chose.)

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-dakota-3in.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-img_1012.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-dakota-4in.jpg  

Last edited by FurryOne; 06-17-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Cumminspwrd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FurryOne
Do yourself a favor and DON'T get a Dakota 3" speedo. Their Breakout version is a joke compared to the HD digital you can get for almost the same price. Here's comparison. The first is the Dakota (you can get red or blue, period). The second is the HD digital (you can change the colors to suit your taste). The third is Dakota's multicolor model for Harleys that use the larger 4.5" speedo - That one is nice looking, but it won't fit the Breakout( 3-3/8"). For about the same price, which one would you choose? (You can tell which one I chose.)
I'm still on my forum probation or I would click on the links lol
I was also considering the HD speedo as well, just comparing was all, maybe in a couple days ill be able to see haha.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:59 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm still on my forum probation or I would click on the links lol
I was also considering the HD speedo as well, just comparing was all, maybe in a couple days ill be able to see haha.
Log out and then come back to this thread...you'll be able to see the pictures.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:39 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by FurryOne
I could not disagree with this more. The Dakota was exactly what I wanted in a speedo. Simple, red, monocolor speedo that has all the info you need in an easy to read format. Plus it looks great when it is turned off. I'm not sure why you would say it is a joke? It displays all the same info as the Harley version.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:41 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

I know this is a super old pic but damn your bike is sexy!, Ive read thru most of this thread but what/how much is your rear lowered? and also I know its the dakota speedo but do you have a part # for it and did you powder that riser pieces and where the gear selector lights are??
Thanks man! Picking up my 15' breakout next week!
The rear is lowered with air ride. Shotgun Shock to be exact.
The risers are from a CVO Breakout, and yes I had them powder coated.
The Dakota Digital part # is MCL-3212-K-R.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
I could not disagree with this more. The Dakota was exactly what I wanted in a speedo. Simple, red, monocolor speedo that has all the info you need in an easy to read format. Plus it looks great when it is turned off. I'm not sure why you would say it is a joke? It displays all the same info as the Harley version.
I agree with you on the looks, but I personally prefer the large analog tach.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:22 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

I wanted to get completely away from analog gauges.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread