Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:42 PM
JemmyPaeg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love a video of that supercharger as well. I was interested in a procharger on my bike but I like the simplicity of that one, keeps the bike looking clean and doesn't kill my ground clearance.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:42 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Installed new HD tribal mirrors, belt guard and speed stick dipstick today. Sun finally came out in Dallas today so I was able to get her out for a little bit.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 PM
HDRider1972
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Right side axle mount license plate bracket

Hi everyone just installed 2into2 big radius V&H pipes on my breakout which seemed to free up a lot of room on the right hand side of the bike, I'm in the market for a axle mount license plate bracket and would like to install it on the right side! Doesn't look like many people do this? Is there a reason for this? If I do this is there much to pulling the axle to install the bracket? Any help or thoughts would be great, thanks!

Old 05-27-2015, 11:39 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default new breakout owner!

hey guys been trolling around looking at all your guys breakouts and wanted to say hello...been riding since i was 3..mx etc..and been racing sportbikes and motards for awhile now...just recieved my breakout last thursday and love it so far...ive had several custom harleys before but this is my first new factory one...had a question about grip size..are our handlebars 1 1/4 and who makes aftermarket grips in that size...and our are bikes ride by wire?..looks like a double cable to me...these dealers got me all confused..would appreciate any info...thanks

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-iphone-truck-048.jpg  
Old 05-28-2015, 12:08 AM
xlr8it
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
hey guys been trolling around looking at all your guys breakouts and wanted to say hello...been riding since i was 3..mx etc..and been racing sportbikes and motards for awhile now...just recieved my breakout last thursday and love it so far...ive had several custom harleys before but this is my first new factory one...had a question about grip size..are our handlebars 1 1/4 and who makes aftermarket grips in that size...and our are bikes ride by wire?..looks like a double cable to me...these dealers got me all confused..would appreciate any info...thanks
The bars are 1 1/4 but the controls and grips are a standard 1" and they are NOT ride by wire

Old 05-28-2015, 01:12 AM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by xlr8it
The bars are 1 1/4 but the controls and grips are a standard 1" and they are NOT ride by wire
thanks man...this dealer parts gal was driving me nutz over this!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
Installed new HD tribal mirrors, belt guard and speed stick dipstick today. Sun finally came out in Dallas today so I was able to get her out for a little bit.
Bike looks great!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:10 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
Welcome and congrats on the Breakout! I see the other members have you covered. good group here.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:17 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting info- was doing some tune testing today and found a new good tool. "MyTune" from www.tunemyharley.com - It is $30 and helps tune the VE's to your bike as well as eliminate spark knock. I did some A<>B testing on one of my new tunes and it did just about exactly what I would do manually. except it did it quickly and no fuss.

This may not be news to some of you but wanted to share that I had a good experience with it and it's a good tool for adapting a general tune file to your specific bike. For example, anyone who got one of my tune files can datalog, run the log results through MyTune, and optimize it. Each bike is going to react to a tune file a bit differently. the owner, Frank, is quite responsive and helpful to emails as well.

FWIW-

Old 05-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Welcome and congrats on the Breakout! I see the other members have you covered. good group here.
thanks man just waiting to get 500 miles on her...then ill start a build thread doin a whole teardown...exhaust/filter/shotgun shock/programmer/blackout items and powdercoating on its way!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread