Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:38 PM
valhalla-77
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thinking of getting these!!! Very race looking pipe!!! Its can be tune too. And its Euro proved.
But the price....

BSL DRAG RACE BOMB

Video:
https://youtu.be/R3zsgH1zdfQ

Old 05-22-2015, 05:19 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR

I think 24V was going to switch to this pipe. He hasn't been on here in a while though.

I'm still here, I read every post in this thread. This thread has turned into a chat room instead of what it was intended, so I just don't have much to contribute. I would be curious to see where the 100hp limit on the MF/Ness pipes was found. I have yet to get my set. Apparently things don't always work out the way I expect. Is what it is.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:25 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by valhalla-77
I thinking of getting these!!! Very race looking pipe!!! Its can be tune too. And its Euro proved.
But the price....

BSL DRAG RACE BOMB

Video:
https://youtu.be/R3zsgH1zdfQ
Nice looking- I'd be concerned on the leg heat since the collector is right up on your forward control. also that's going to heat up the intake and cam chest. pros and cons with every design, obviously-

Old 05-22-2015, 05:49 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
I'm still here, I read every post in this thread. This thread has turned into a chat room instead of what it was intended, so I just don't have much to contribute. I would be curious to see where the 100hp limit on the MF/Ness pipes was found. I have yet to get my set. Apparently things don't always work out the way I expect. Is what it is.
I came across it in a board thread discussion on exhaust selection with NRHS- I tried googling for it but can't find it. They do know their performance builds though so you may want to call over there and ask- They are big on Bassani pipes for what that's worth.

I could find nothing concrete on how well the F-Bomb actually performs with built motors, or anyone using it on a built motor. But, a lot of the highly commercial stuff is aimed at the "bolt on" upgrade rider, mainly not going beyond a stage 1. in that case this pipe would be more than adequate because it i designed for these typical motor parameters. it's not bad looking either. and it has both 18mm and 12mm O2 bungs. that's nice.

IMHO you can't beat the RB Racing 2-1 pro stock pipe or the JBV Racing pipe for pure performance, but looks ain't so hot. I was thinking of talking to RB and seeing if they can make a short pro stock with flared slash cut, in black or dark titanium. that might look a bit snappier. if they think it will suck they will flat out refuse to make it. hah.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:45 AM
helgi33
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helgi33
Hi LA_Dog
I am not sure what Injectors Richard at TTS put in. I can find out and post later. I have the standard 103 Throttle Body and will keep that for time being.
If I go for further power mods then guess would go for the 131ci Jims engine with much bigger Throttle Body and look at some Intercoller options.. this kit cools the Intake air about 30 degrees by use of expansion chamber but further cooling would improve performance drastically.

I will see how the bike reacts with current gearing and am hoping all the extra low to mid range power will go well with the current gearing.

I am really hoping the bike will be fantastic cruiser with this setup and am kind of hesitant to go for much more.. as just the Jims 131 engine will cost me similar as installing Stage 3 Supercharger kit in my Triumph Rocket 3 which would give me just short of 400 RWHP for the Rocket...

And in case you are wondering.. yes I do love power

My car is Mercedes CL600 V12 Twin Turbo with various mods and been tested on Dyno with 593HP and 1053FTLB of Torque.. True Monster

Will post both Dyno results and pics when I get the Breakout back

I found a facebook page on the Supercharger I am installing.. it is called Maxi Charger https://www.facebook.com/pages/HDMax...876785?fref=ts

There they have recent installation similar to mine with 110ci engine and are getting about 160RWHP.. they have the dyno graphs there

Old 05-23-2015, 09:10 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by helgi33
I found a facebook page on the Supercharger I am installing.. it is called Maxi Charger https://www.facebook.com/pages/HDMax...876785?fref=ts

There they have recent installation similar to mine with 110ci engine and are getting about 160RWHP.. they have the dyno graphs there

The CVO 110 has a larger TB than the 103. Most who do any major perf upgrades to the 110 will get the even larger SE 58mm TB. If you have the stock 110 TB you'll probably be ok and can get the 58mm if needed.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Boostin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cleaned up the rear of my wife's bike a little bit.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:18 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

welcome- nice looking BO- what did you use to plug the turn signal holes, and what is the seat made out of? let's see some pics of the whole bike- nice paint.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:32 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

so in further tuning I've got it pretty dialed in now where I can hit WOT from just about anywhere - or hit it hard from the line and pull wot 1-5 and not a single knock event. I worked towards this incrementally by working the VE's, redefining my AFR table, and adding / trimming spark advance as dictated by the logs, adjusting Acell Enrich, and finally, using the PE (Power Enrichment) functions (which are kinda cool).

Bike runs very fast (for stock w/ stage1), pulls strong and my engine temps are much lower idling / cruising through town. Granted, my entire AFR map is open loop- I have a very small cruise area defined at 14.1 (just below closed loop) and the rest of my map ranges from 13.6 down to 12.4. I lost some fuel econ but heck it's not a Prius, eh? ;p - plus no more toaster if sitting at long lights.

Main problem I just started seeing is my injector duty cycle is exceeding 80% a lot of the time, particularly on 90 and up Kpa, and most always at higher rpm's - this pretty much proves that the stock 3.9 injectors are too small for anything other than mild operation of the 103. They just don't deliver enough fuel at high demand.

I'm looking into P/N's for the 4.9 or 5.3 injectors, or the 50mm TB "SE kit" which comes with TB, 4.9 injectors, and manifold. I'd prefer to keep the 46mm TB though and just use larger injectors to keep the duty cycle down- that would be plenty for future cam and head upgrade. Whatever I find out I'll post it up.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:32 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
so in further tuning I've got it pretty dialed in now where I can hit WOT from just about anywhere - or hit it hard from the line and pull wot 1-5 and not a single knock event. I worked towards this incrementally by working the VE's, redefining my AFR table, and adding / trimming spark advance as dictated by the logs, adjusting Acell Enrich, and finally, using the PE (Power Enrichment) functions (which are kinda cool).

Bike runs very fast (for stock w/ stage1), pulls strong and my engine temps are much lower idling / cruising through town. Granted, my entire AFR map is open loop- I have a very small cruise area defined at 14.1 (just below closed loop) and the rest of my map ranges from 13.6 down to 12.4. I lost some fuel econ but heck it's not a Prius, eh? ;p - plus no more toaster if sitting at long lights.

Main problem I just started seeing is my injector duty cycle is exceeding 80% a lot of the time, particularly on 90 and up Kpa, and most always at higher rpm's - this pretty much proves that the stock 3.9 injectors are too small for anything other than mild operation of the 103. They just don't deliver enough fuel at high demand.

I'm looking into P/N's for the 4.9 or 5.3 injectors, or the 50mm TB "SE kit" which comes with TB, 4.9 injectors, and manifold. I'd prefer to keep the 46mm TB though and just use larger injectors to keep the duty cycle down- that would be plenty for future cam and head upgrade. Whatever I find out I'll post it up.
I finally got a chance to run your "10" map and holly hell it runs good. You're getting pretty good at this tuning thing.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread