Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm kinda liking the Night Rod headlight. But I also like the Bullet DNA black headlight with the slight visor. decisions, decisions....

Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to get a Thunderbike fender but they're expensive and even more so after paying shipping to the states. And I've spent enough already for a while. Maybe when I run out of other smaller things to buy for the bike...

Michael

Old 05-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Woody.
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In germany they have the cheapest & best looking fenders.
I think it´s 799 € + 59 € shipping (incl. 19% taxes)
Dollar/Euro wasn´t that bad for imports to the US, was it?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:29 AM
mseymour3
Tourer

Originally Posted by Woody.
In germany they have the cheapest & best looking fenders.
I think it´s 799 € + 59 € shipping (incl. 19% taxes)
Dollar/Euro wasn´t that bad for imports to the US, was it?
799 euro is around 900 dollars US plus another 65-70 dollars shipping if that's all the shipping is. I would guess it would be more considering the travel and weight/size. That's for the base version of the rear fender with no light options. Probably looking at over $1000 pretty easily for just changing the look of the rear fender. More if you get the lighted version and even if you don't you still spend more to figure out a different rear lighting option. I agree their rear fender is awesome and probably one of the best but that's quite a lot of money.

I bought the flat riser kit in black from Thunderbike. It's listed as 129 euro and after shipping it ran me around $170.

Michael

Last edited by mseymour3; 05-13-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:38 AM
Woody.
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you order tax-free in Europe or how does it work from the US?
This could be cheaper then ... if we order your stuff from here, we need to pay our 19% taxes + custom declaration costs

I agree .. a custom fender is a larger investment than a Live-to-Ride timer cover ;-) For me it´s always the first thing i´ve changed on every bike i´ve owned

Old 05-13-2015, 09:52 AM
mseymour3
Tourer

Originally Posted by Woody.
Do you order tax-free in Europe or how does it work from the US?
This could be cheaper then ... if we order your stuff from here, we need to pay our 19% taxes + custom declaration costs

I agree .. a custom fender is a larger investment than a Live-to-Ride timer cover ;-) For me it´s always the first thing i´ve changed on every bike i´ve owned
I believe when I ordered the risers the cost of them was lower than the 129 euro because I didn't have to pay the tax. It was around 109 euro instead. But shipping for the risers was 45 euro which is nearly half the cost of the part. If tax is removed from the fender as well it's probably countered by the high shipping. I've spent more money on less I'm sure but will be a while before I plop down that much for a fender.

Michael

Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Heartland rear fender kit is another good option. And it's US. FWIW, anytime you consider bodywork and paint for bike upgrades, start at $1k as a general rule of minimum cost- It goes up from there depending on the extent of mods...

Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
mseymour3
Tourer

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Heartland rear fender kit is another good option. And it's US. FWIW, anytime you consider bodywork and paint for bike upgrades, start at $1k as a general rule of minimum cost- It goes up from there depending on the extent of mods...
I'm not saying it's not worth it or that bodywork isn't expensive to begin with. I mean heck it is a Harley. There's almost nothing about it that isn't expensive. But for my budget it would make more sense for me to spend the $1000 towards a shotgun shock or redoing front and rear suspension or that much would probably cover every single thing left I want to do to the bike excluding suspension and rear fender.

Michael

Old 05-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The boys at thunder bike sure know what they are doing. I'd love to run their swing arm set up. They look nice as hell.

I wish they had a distributer here in the U.S. They'd make a killing.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:11 AM
mseymour3
Tourer

I agree. If there was a stateside distributor so the shipping could be cut way down I'd already be saving for several of their parts.

Michael

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread